Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Twist of Fate

Great Orb Project

Cropped the full yellow picture:

lauz3.png

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4701/lauz3.png

You can in fact get 1000 Tokens if you win at every altar, Iv dont it twice and got 1000 each time

Tips: Take An abyssal familiar and Runecrafting pouches in you have them. You can make more runes per round.

EDIT: I just lost a game and I got 200 tokens. Last time We won and I got 1000, you really need to fix your numbers.

Edited by Light

Note that the max amount of tokens you can get from one game in F2P is 800, and max for members is 1000. The formula is Altars won*100+200 for a win.

I'm pretty sure in members you get 1000 tokens for all 8 and then -100 for every altar you lose. So if you wont 7/8 you would get 900 tokens.

Slight grammatical error:

If everyone on 1 team leaves and ends the game then you will get 100xthe level you ended on. For instance, the game ending on the 5th level will give you 500 tokens.

Space it. Very minor.

There's also a wizard that has a join-game option, he will put you in the least full team and also I learned this the hard way, if you leave while being in a game you'll need to wait fifteen minutes for the next.

I haven't played this game and am commenting on things as I go along (reading through for the first time).

This minigame is called The Great orb project.

Capitalise the name?

The yellow team led by Wizard Vief

and the green team led by Wizard Acantha.

Don't have a picture part way through a sentence. Reword it so that they are separate.

Saying that the yellow team is led by x and the green team by y makes it sound like you should have mentioned the colours earlier on, so it sounds a bit early to put it.

in the Runecrafting Guild through the portal on the second floor of Wizard's Tower across the causeway south east of Draynor Village

There's a Wizard's Tower guide. :P (link)

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/cities/wizards_tower.html

To start the game, you must talk to or right click on either Vief or Acantha.

I doubt right clicking will get you to talk to them...

To start the game, you must talk to either Vief or Acantha.

Now, onto how the game is actually set up.

That sounds too informal and leads on to something after the picture, while there is text earlier that relates to the picture. (get rid of or possibly move it)

In order from left to right, a weapon that sets up barriers to stop the other team's orbs from passing to the altar, a weapon that attracts your orbs, and a weapon that repels the orbs.

Do they have names?

That info would probably work better as a small table.

After you complete a round of the game, you receive a few pieces of essence for you to craft into Runes at that altar.

You haven't told me how to complete the first round yet.

However you do not have to craft them at that altar.

IF you start with 'however', there needs to be a comma, although it still doesn't work well. Try to merge with the previous sentence (and the one after is too short).

Here are the most effective ways to use them. You should also know that you can right click on the orbs and select swap. This switches between repelling and attracting.

(and rest of Gameplay and Strategies section)

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE POINT OF ORBS IS! (other than they can be attracted and repelled)

How do you score points? :)

How do you win, lose or draw?

What do orbs do?

It sounds like I craft some Pure Essense while playing Harry Potter with Orbs that do nothing other than get in the way. :)

If your team wins on every altar, you'll get 1000 tokens...

The max amount of tokens you can get from one game in Free play worlds is 800, and max for members is 1000.

Doesn't the last line (The formula is Altars won*100+200 for a win. You also get -100 for every altar you lose.) already tell me that? :aware:

Here are some things to remember about the rewards.

Make it more formal.

Tablets and robes can not be traded.

What do they do?

Here is a picture

I know it's a picture. :)

This may be a nice outline, but I'm utterly confused about how to play the game, how to get points, what the rewards do and just about everything else.

It is by no means 100% complete.

You forgot some parts out about the runecrafting robes...

The runecrafter robes give a bonus to your Runecrafting level while your ingame.

Runecrafter skirts gives a +3 bonus.

Runecrafter robes gives a +3 bonus.

Runecrafter gloves gives a +2 bonus.

The Runecrafting hat gives no bonus for it cannot be worn ingame

*edit*

You havent stated how to get the omi talisman O.O

Edited by Kimballtiger

I just put that, and the stats are in the picture.

no you didnt :aware: if you did i cant find them. and they're not in definition.

-----

To get the Omni-staff, you must show Wizard Elriss all of the talismans.

Fusing Talasmans into Staffs

To fuse a talisman into a staff you must bring it to Wizard Korvak and he will gladly fuse them together. Fusing a Law talisman into a staff will cause the staff to lose all bonus so you can bring it to the alter.

*edit*

why dont you link this guide to your runecrafting guild guide?

*edit edit*

Btw. its a bonus to your Runecrafting Level. sorry for the mixup

Edited by Kimballtiger

With the release of the Runecrafting guild came the release of a minigame. This minigame is called The Great Orb Project.

Let's change to:

With the release of the RuneCrafting guild came RuneScape's first RuneCrafting-based minigame: The Great Orb Project.

The requirements to enter the guild to start the game

...guild and start the game... Don't want to use too many "to"s in a sentence.

You MUST have nothing in your hands or on your head

YOU MUST! YOU MUST! How about... You cannot have anything...

This is used against opposing orbs.

It can also prevent your orbs from moving, so let's say: Barriers will prevent any orbs, including your own, from passing.

They can be destroyed by you or the opposing team.

They can be destroyed by anybody in the game, let's say.

If everyone on 1 team

Never use numbers in writing unless they're over 10, use either "a" or "one"

Robes give a slight defense bonus and make orbs react faster towards your wands.

We need to mention why, so including something about:

The higher your RuneCrafting level is, the faster Orbs will move when you repel or attract them. RuneCrafting robes can be bought as a reward, and will help boost your RuneCrafting within the minigame. More explained later within the guide.

Then later you write...

The Top will give you a 3 level bonus within the game.

The Skirt will give you a 3 level bonus within the game.

The Gloves will give you a 2 level bonus within the game.

The Hat does not give any bonus, as you cannot wear your own hats inside the minigame. They are purely for decoration.

And maybe mention somewhere than you can't use an Omni-Staff to get into the Law Altar, since it has an attack bonus, so if you want an Omni-Staff, you should also have a separate Law Staff.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.