Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon

New Pvp Worlds

My biggest wild 'thought' is, do you think Jagex, the makers of Runescape removed the wilderness and replaced it with mini-games to build up to this massive update?

Sabre~

Wha--??

You Mean they were "trolling"??! :aware:

(lol jk)

Edited by squidbreath

I highly doubt people are gonna feel any different about it. The first few days they'll be excited, they'll try it out, and then find out that they were complaining for 9 months for this.

There is no pleaseing the runescape community anyways, so they are trying to please the people who are actually greatfull they get a weekly update and are getting a re-vamped version of what they were rioting over for almost a year.

Sunds awesome. I love to watch people own eachother.

Edited by Olimar160

Sunds awesome. I love to watch people own eachother.

That will be hard to do since the whole world will be a big multi combat zone :)

you might be able to see one fight then you would get killed :aware:

Sabre~

The only thing I don't like about this new update is the high possibility of the return of *gasp* pures! I find it's impossible to compete with a player made to player kill. Lots of people have second accounts as pures so the pures get the best stuff right off the bat. But also the new update will really help the economy because light strong cheap armor like hard leather will be in high demand and crafters like me will actually be able to sell our crafts. Also this will lower the prices on higher level goods which seem to be inflated currently by allowing people to make money off smithing so there will be more swords and armour created. :aware:

99% of the world... I'm guessing that last 1 is Random event areas.

This is a big update for Jagex.

I'd say there would be safehouses- such as banks, respawn locations, random events, and perhaps a small area around teleports (not sure).

I'd say there would be safehouses- such as banks, respawn locations, random events, and perhaps a small area around teleports (not sure).

Yes, I'm sure at least they will either add some random banks in use full places or there will be some sort of teleport, and knowing Jagex I think the pking area will not be as big as 99% :aware: Because that is only about two grand exchanges worth of safe space

Green~

Nah, they removed the wildy for the same reason as the terrible trade update. To stop people from rwt (real world trading) which they said would improve the game for us (AHA HA HA you did it for your own selfish reasons jagex) this 'massive' update as you said will be Jagex's final way of getting us to forget as much about the evil trade update and the removal of the wilderness. So we would think the removal of the wilderness was something we the players over-exagarated on because this (as jagex thinks) will be so much better than the wilderness. Other than that it will blow our minds off the trade system update.

this will bring the ecommy back into balance as armour will be dearer and go back up to sensible prices

this will bring the ecommy back into balance as armour will be dearer and go back up to sensible prices

Yeah plus it will be a big break for the fishing skillers and smithers...generally good for the economy all around :aware:

Yes, I'm sure at least they will either add some random banks in use full places or there will be some sort of teleport, and knowing Jagex I think the pking area will not be as big as 99% :aware: Because that is only about two grand exchanges worth of safe space

Green~

I think that the safe zone will be lumby castle and maybe a few surrounding areas (Not sure if someone mentioned this already.)

well i think not because with the new update u cant do unlimited trade still so the wont stuff runescape up

ok i had this idea with the pvp update and how when you kill someone you get rewarded with special rewards. Well i was thinking couldn't you and a friend like duel with 3 items or 4 with keep extra item and if one died the other would get rewarded and nobody would lose anything its like the duel arena with rewards. but then there could be the skull over your face. meh just fight with nothing! tell me if you can think of any flaws n this method because i can't

ok i had this idea with the pvp update and how when you kill someone you get rewarded with special rewards. Well i was thinking couldn't you and a friend like duel with 3 items or 4 with keep extra item and if one died the other would get rewarded and nobody would lose anything its like the duel arena with rewards. but then there could be the skull over your face. meh just fight with nothing! tell me if you can think of any flaws n this method because i can't

Good point, but i guess jagex thought about that... maybe you get nothing, maybe you get a time out, maybe sth else....