Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Veni vidi vici

Merchanting Guide

Why are you saying that phat's prices don't move? Just look at their graphs. :huh:

Because they only go down, and not enough people buy/sell them to effectively merchant them. Usually if it costs over 100m, then it isn't a good item to merchant, as not many people can afford it. The thing is that: Not enough people buy phats... or sell em...

Then say that, instead of saying that prices don't move.

WARNING: This guide's prices are accurate from the time this guide was written, and will probably not represent the current market prices. The prices on this guide are accurate to the day this guide and pictures were written/taken and have most likely changed. Before you invest make sure you look at the Charts in the Grand Exchange database, and read this ENTIRE guide. If you do not, you may lose money. Always remember - MERCHANT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

The first two sentences say the same, remove one of them.

Yet again, it is for emphasis, and is meant to be like that.

You meantioned a LOT of items that are very bad for merchanting. You should just use the graph picture and say "A graph like this". This also seems a lot like the Midget Moneymaking Guide.

You meantioned a LOT of items that are very bad for merchanting. You should just use the graph picture and say "A graph like this". This also seems a lot like the Midget Moneymaking Guide.

First, it's mentioned. Second, who cares if they are bad for merchanting? Their just examples.

It is a Merchanting Guide. It is how to merchant effectively with the Grand Exchange. Considering it is about the only way to merchant. :huh:

Well you could do it player to player, but it will take longer :huh:

~Vincent

TYVM. I will fix that. I'm going to make another one, as I am on my mom's laptop which is slow, so if I finish the new pic 2nite, I'll add ur name to the thanks list.

~Vincent

(That would look pretty stupid on the site!)

Merchanting. One of If not THE best way to make and lose money

I don't like the sentance "Merchanting." - make it "Merchanting is one of...". If doesn't need capitalisation.

Fix the map key so it says "Route 3" instead of "Rotue 3".

Also, it might be worth mentioning NPC-generated merchanting, e.g. buying tons and tons of eye of newt at the store in Port Sarim and then selling them for tons of money at the GE.

Very nice guide! This definitely looks like it will be a big help, and it seems like a good way of getting people started with merchanting in RS. Good work, Veni Vidi Vici, this is a much needed rewrite! ^_^

-Accepted- :wub:

If you want to merchant others, you can just NO PARTY HATS!

umm.... does this sound right? try another camma after "can" other then that it could sound completly wrong.

Very nice guide! This definitely looks like it will be a big help, and it seems like a good way of getting people started with merchanting in RS. Good work, Veni Vidi Vici, this is a much needed rewrite! ^_^

w00t!

Second guide in one month accepted FTW!

Nice!

Well, I guess I better go off and work on that Bandit Training Guide!

Thanks Sal (Again :))

~Vincent

w00t!

Second guide in one month accepted FTW!

Nice!

Well, I guess I better go off and work on that Bandit Training Guide!

Thanks Sal (Again :))

~Vincent

Aww, I had some really nice death rune merching pics, oh well, if they could be of some use, pm me lol

And gratz on the guide being accepted + gL on the next xP

Already accepted but I found two little spelling things...

100 Weapons/Armor

10k Arrows

10k Food

100 Jewlery

10k Feathers

25k Herbs

25k Ores

25k Logs

25k Runes

10k Potions

Jewlery -> Jewelery

If you decide that you want to buy an item that's prices doesn't change, be warned you WILL NOT make money, and will most likely lose money. Do not blame Sal's Realm if you lose or make no money from this. We are warning you right now that you will NOT make any money from doing this. Things like party hats and christmas crakers, that are rarely traded and whose prices don't move will NOT make you money!

christmas crakers -> Christmas Crackers

Edited by Roy

Already accepted but I found two little spelling things...

100 Weapons/Armor

10k Arrows

10k Food

100 Jewlery

10k Feathers

25k Herbs

25k Ores

25k Logs

25k Runes

10k Potions

Jewlery -> Jewelery

If you decide that you want to buy an item that's prices doesn't change, be warned you WILL NOT make money, and will most likely lose money. Do not blame Sal's Realm if you lose or make no money from this. We are warning you right now that you will NOT make any money from doing this. Things like party hats and christmas crakers, that are rarely traded and whose prices don't move will NOT make you money!

christmas crakers -> Christmas Crackers

Ty... Yet again Roy!

~Vincent

Guest Assainator75

Great Guide! I'll have to say this guide is pretty well done at the moment. I've been merching since January 2008, and your ways are some what similar to mine. :wub: I'm happy to see someone make a guide on this.

Possibly something that you could add/change:

--Something for you to think about...Phats aren't really forever dead. Yellow and Purple Phats have just begun their move UP. ^_^

--Also, merchanting does include selling for max price. I've been merchanting for about a year now, and if you sell 1k below max in ge, most results work great.

-- You might be able to include a piece on "Rich Merchants" in the Long Term Section

----Example that is currently working: I've figured that if an item such as "worn-out adamant gauntlets (11k ea) Originally: (50k ea) or green d'hide coifs (20k ea) Originally (50k ea)" that have fallen huge amounts are the best to buy in bulk! So, if you bought 1000 adamant gaunts 11k each, and it rose all the way to 35k, you'd make a whooping 24k per gauntlet (24M total)! These are just ideas that show the possible outcome when planning an item.

--You should include how much cash/$ you expect this guide to be mainly about. Expected 10M to start? You be the judge :)

Example that is currently working: I've figured that if an item such as "worn-out adamant gauntlets (11k ea) Originally: (50k ea) or green d'hide coifs (20k ea) Originally (50k ea)" that have fallen huge amounts are the best to buy in bulk! So, if you bought 1000 adamant gaunts 11k each, and it rose all the way to 35k, you'd make a whooping 24k per gauntlet (24M total)! These are just ideas that show the possible outcome when planning an item.

Aren't these hints what I had in my signiture a few days ago? :wub: lol

By the way, I bought 740 coifs at 18k each and sold at 25k making a nice profit, and the gloves I am still holding for a rise, which I expect to make me a nice profit...druid tops are worth a look too :D

Veni, This guide is almost exactly what I had in mind but if I was you I would write a section on avoiding items that go way up inexplicably past their top price range, such as dragonstones right now as of writing this...many people are getting sucked in by manipulators and writing something could help ^_^

I will write it for you in a couple of days during the weekend if you wish :)

That would be great. I wanted to fit a section in about that, maybe add a little to rule #1 maybe... I haven't really had time though. If you could that would be great! Lol, the 2 guides on the site are so out-of-date you could actually lose money doing what it says :wub:

~Vincent

You should seriously mention Clan merchanting like CMRobins.

Look what we did to some items:

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws...631&scale=1

9-16 dec

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws...118&scale=1

19-23 dec

Clan Merchanting (Also known as "Market Crashing") is a very dangerous concept. This guide is for BASIC merchanting. Clan Merching is... Okay, but not to an extent as watching the charts and purchasing items individually. Though, sometimes affective, I had previously decided not to add this to the guide, as you need a rather large clan, with enough money AND the fact that it is more dangerous than Big Item merching.

Thanks for bringing it up though!

~Vincent

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.