Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Magic of Woodcut

Are Your Teeth...

Effected by hot and/or cold substances? Preventing you from eating/drinking anything? Ache sometimes for no reason? Easily coming out (not needing answered if you're over 13-15)?

None of those but one. Sadly, I can't enjoy ice cream because it aches, hardens, and freezes my tooh to it's max, so when my family has ice cream, I just get some money to go buy something out, mostly Arby's :aware:

Yeah my teeth are sorta cold sensitive. Like when I bide into a popsicle it sends shivers down my back...

Oh, don't even get me started. :) I've had two dental implants, and they're not all that fun. I can't even eat corn-on-the-cob any more, since I'm not even supposed to bite into ANYTHING. And I was actually missing five missing teeth, but they pulled out six to make me symmetrical; those two right next to my front teeth, and one molar on each side. Oh, and I've had a bone graft, and I've had my wisdom teeth out. :) I must say, I'm awesome at getting shots in my mouth now. :)

Almost forgot; I broke my two front teeth when I was six; slipped on a cement floor. :aware: Those are my most sensitive teeth; cold stuff hurts like a son of a motherless goat.

Edited by Ellie

for some reason, the back of my mouth aches. like where wisdom teeth would be. but the thing is, im 14, and the chances of me gorwing wisdom teeth are slim. so the cause of the pain is still unknown.

I went to the dentist literally a few days ago and they said they wanted all four of my wisdom teeth pulled and I'm only 15.

On topic: I used to get aches when I chewed and/or ate cold substances, but it doesn't happen anymore.

If I just ate something hot or drank something hot I can't drink anything ice cold for a while but thats about it. My incisors are kinda sensitive but the rest of my teeth are fine.

I went to the dentist literally a few days ago and they said they wanted all four of my wisdom teeth pulled and I'm only 15.

On topic: I used to get aches when I chewed and/or ate cold substances, but it doesn't happen anymore.

My sisters and I all had ours pulled on the same day; we were 15, 14, and 11. :aware:

Nah, my teeth aren't really affected by any of those things.

~Plasma Heat7 :aware:

Cant bite ice cream or anything cold. and when they spray air or water on my teeth at the dentist i l jump out of the chair and scream. the best part for some is the worst for me.

Can't bite ice cream.

Only reason is because two of my teeth are half fake, so they're uber sensitive. :aware:

I never had a lot of problems with sensitivity in my teeth while I was growing up. But, about a year ago, I developed Lupus which causes me to take a lot of medications. Ever since then my teeth are incredibly sensitive. It hurt to even brush my teeth some days. To all those who say they can't bite ice cream, I was feeling the same way! I have been using a toothpaste designed to desensitize teeth for a few months now and, If I don't go overboard, I can eat frozen or very cold foods without jumping up through the roof with pain. Ice water is again my favorite drink!

So: Some medications can cause teeth sensitivity. Sadly for some though, it is just genetics or other causes, like breaking or chipping a tooth. For those who have a problem with sensitivity, like me, sensitive teeth toothpaste may help. If any of you haven't tried that yet, do. It may help. I think most major brands now have a variety.

-Rayn (Who doesn't hate to brush her teeth anymore :aware: )

Well my dentist says I'm lucky because I was born with straight teeth, and no wisdom teeth.

I eat ice cream but I can't bite into it. Popsicles are okay though...also my two bottom front teeth are slightly loose...and they are permanent teeth. That's probably bad lol.

...also my two bottom front teeth are slightly loose...and they are permanent teeth. That's probably bad lol.

You might want to get that checked.

Let's see... I went to the dentist a week ago, and complained about sensitivity problems for about the 3rd time. When my dentist tried to clean one of my extremely sensitive teeth, I yelled in pain. They finally decided to do something about it. They used a laser on some of my sensitive teeth, saying that some patients have had success with the treatment. Well, it helped tone down the sensitivity for a couple of days, but now it feels almost the same as it did. I'm going in for another appointment on Wednesday, for them to decide whether or not to fill or use the laser treatment on my sensitive teeth.

There's two molars on my right side and one on my left that are extremely sensitive to basically anything. Basically, I had ground my teeth down through its enamel to the dental roots or whatever they're called. My dentist said she hadn't seen anything like it since she had bulimic patients... God, I really hope they fix it. It sucks having to chew food with your front teeth and being extremely cautious when you drink. :'(

It happened to first two to three days after braces. Not anymore, although braces do scrape along my mouth and cause cuts. :aware:

It kinda hurts when i eat like half of a large ice cream cone at DQ, but thats to be expected. I have an abnormaly large mouth, so i eat fast (glorping down ice-cream ftw?)

Whats weird, my teeth are color sensitive, i started sucking on lemons at a resturant (i was 6, geez) and my teeth got stained yellow :aware:

My other teeth are wierd too, my incisors are realy sharp, so that i can like bite through plastic packaging, among other things (ive eaten playing cards while reading by accident :)) and my front teeth are very long, about 1 cm (im only 12)

Edited by ReM

Ever since I got braces, I've had troubles eating very hot or cold things. One tooth in particular reacts to ice cream or coffee, but I can't give either of those up. So I just grit my teeth, and endure it. My hope is it will go away once my braces are off; somehow I doubt it.

Biting a popsicle sends shivers down my back too xD. Just the idea of biting into it... *Shudder*

I can't bite into ice cream but I can eat it otherwise just fine.

Mine usually start to hurt when I eat something sweet, but they aren't very sensitive to hot and cold. I guess my Sensodyne doesn't work for sweet things. D: