Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Synesthesia

I Got 2 Choices...

William, id get GTA4 over Assassins creed, sure the wallrunnign is fun, but it gets boring really fast, where as GTA will last you much longer.

Personally I was content with just renting AC. I finished the story in a week and I'm not much of an achievement whore so I just ignored the flags and stuff.

I agree with PH. Unless your getting multiple games at once make sure your first game is a multiplayer one so it'll last a long time.

Agreed with Raz's agreement, Assassin's Creed is definitely a rent. The only reason to buy it is if you have a 360 and don't think you can't get all the extras in a week because you will not be touching that game after 1 playthrough, 2 tops.

Unless you're me and you screw up picking up hundreds of flags spread out across the Kingdom.

Oops, I ment TPS :aware:

Lets see, oh yes, like the xbox, PS3 has a video store with rentals of movies from $2-$4, thats a 24 hour time you get the video, then then entire movies to keep on your PS3 either in HD or normal. Also incase you haven't heard this but a PS3 is also a Blue-ray disc player, so if you have a HDTV or plan to get one, then you'll also probably need a disc player for it, and they range from $300-$700+ while the PS3 has it built in.

It also upscales DVDs to near-HD quality.

Isn't Xbox getting that, and we already have it. Remember that exclusive deal with Netflix?

Anyway, looking at his budget, i dont think an HDTV is an option.

Oops, I ment TPS :)

Lets see, oh yes, like the xbox, PS3 has a video store with rentals of movies from $2-$4, thats a 24 hour time you get the video, then then entire movies to keep on your PS3 either in HD or normal. Also incase you haven't heard this but a PS3 is also a Blue-ray disc player, so if you have a HDTV or plan to get one, then you'll also probably need a disc player for it, and they range from $300-$700+ while the PS3 has it built in.

Isn't Xbox getting that, and we already have it. Remember that exclusive deal with Netflix?

Already have what? PS3 already has a video store too :aware:

Oh and I just found something out. You can watch Hulu or Netflix movies (Online) with your PS3.

Edited by Fencefry

Oops, I ment TPS :)

Already have what? PS3 already has a video store too :aware:

Oh and I just found something out. You can watch Hulu or Netflix movies (Online) with your PS3.

He thought he was smart by saying that the 360 had those same features even though you clearly said "like the xbox".

I thought the Netflix thing was Xbox 360 exclusive?

You can watch Hulu with the PS3 browser? Sweet. Arrested Development, here I come :aware:

No, its not a broswer, and its not a deal with netflix. There is program you put on your computer that sets up a media server for your PS3 to connect to, so you can stream Hulu and Netflix. I think it's a free 60-day trial, and $30 for permanent ownership. That's less than live, so :aware:

So... it lasts for 1/6 of how long Xbox Live lasts at MOST of the price for Live! ($50 for 13 months)

What a bargain!

Also it's not on the console as it ships, so i dont think we should bring add ons into this. Basicly (imo):

360: Shooters, Online, Controllers.

PS3: Adventure, Racing, Blu Ray (if you could ever afford an HDTV)

So... it lasts for 1/6 of how long Xbox Live lasts at MOST of the price for Live! ($50 for 13 months)

What a bargain!

He said it costs $30 for permenant ownership... A one time payment of $30 and then that's it. How does that cost the same as Live?

Also it's not on the console as it ships, so i dont think we should bring add ons into this. Basicly (imo):

Online and controllers are yet again purely opinion. XBL has a few more features but after using it for a few months I now fail to see the need to pay for what's there. The PSN is catching up with XBL and offers a highly efficient, community-driven service which in its own unique way will have many features which XBL has nothing in comparison to, such as Home and the user-driven online world that will be created in games such as Little Big Planet.

As for the controller, I personally can't stand the 360 controller, and love the PS3 one. What you're basically trying to say in the quoted post is that I'm wrong and the 360 controller is the definitive best. I reiterate, it's purely opinion.

And even the games, the PS3 has its fair amount of shooters such as Resistance: Fall of Man, MGS4, (if you choose to play it that way) the upcoming fantastic looking Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, and of course the multi-plat games such as COD4, UT3 and BF:BC. The 360 also has its share of adventure and racing games such as Fable 2 and Forza respectively.

I'm beyond bored of these stereotypes weaving their way into this discussions. Both consoles have their ups and downs but at the end of the day you'll only know until you sit down with your new console and play it. I personally own all 3 and haven't touched my 360 or Wii for some time, but that doesn't mean that the PS3 is the best either. All of it is down to opinion, but you're bound to love whichever one you pick. Just try and ignore vague statements such as the aforementioned.

OK, ty ty Lethal. So, should I get 3 controllers right when I get my PS3 just incase? Cause I'm getting Warhawk as my first game. :aware:

I'm also selling mah PS2 pretty soon.

What a bargain!

He said it costs $30 for permenant ownership... A one time payment of $30 and then that's it. How does that cost the same as Live?

Online and controllers are yet again purely opinion. XBL has a few more features but after using it for a few months I now fail to see the need to pay for what's there. The PSN is catching up with XBL and offers a highly efficient, community-driven service which in its own unique way will have many features which XBL has nothing in comparison to, such as Home and the user-driven online world that will be created in games such as Little Big Planet.

As for the controller, I personally can't stand the 360 controller, and love the PS3 one. What you're basically trying to say in the quoted post is that I'm wrong and the 360 controller is the definitive best. I reiterate, it's purely opinion.

And even the games, the PS3 has its fair amount of shooters such as Resistance: Fall of Man, MGS4, (if you choose to play it that way) the upcoming fantastic looking Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, and of course the multi-plat games such as COD4, UT3 and BF:BC. The 360 also has its share of adventure and racing games such as Fable 2 and Forza respectively.

I'm beyond bored of these stereotypes weaving their way into this discussions. Both consoles have their ups and downs but at the end of the day you'll only know until you sit down with your new console and play it. I personally own all 3 and haven't touched my 360 or Wii for some time, but that doesn't mean that the PS3 is the best either. All of it is down to opinion, but you're bound to love whichever one you pick. Just try and ignore vague statements such as the aforementioned.

Now your doing what i did and ignoring the 'imo' bit. But i agree with your last statement, dont just rish into anything. Play all the consoles and see which one you like most. By the way, if your coming off a PS2 the Xbox console will feel wierd (trust me, i know this from personal experience) but after about a week you will get used to it, then you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

Home = Second Life

Now your doing what i did and ignoring the 'imo' bit.

Thought the "imo" bit was to do with the talking about accessories as it followed that line, suppose there was a degree of misinterpretation there, I apologise. I always say definitive statements are fine as long as you do say that it's your own, personal opinion.

What a bargain!

Now your doing what i did and ignoring the 'imo' bit. But i agree with your last statement, dont just rish into anything. Play all the consoles and see which one you like most. By the way, if your coming off a PS2 the Xbox console will feel wierd (trust me, i know this from personal experience) but after about a week you will get used to it, then you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

Home = Second Life

C'mon caboose you just got into a argumeant and already your gonna take a stab at second life home?

What a bargain!

Ah, I thought he said $30 for 60 days. Permanent ownership is a pretty good thing, but is that's having the program in general? They can't just have access to any movie they want forever? Cash for each movie?

(And yes it's more than Live but it's not necessarily related to Live... at all. Except for the movies which comes built in anyways.)

I'm fine with opinion based on fact, but this is just stupid. At least you got Blu-Ray right.

Every possible genre you picked for each console is completely equal on both sides. How is Ps3 the console to get for racing? I mean really? Gran Turism fans yes, not racing in general...

I personally think that Sony should have updated their controller to fit the hand more and I personally think the 360's controllers did that, but it doesn't matter! The Original Xbox's controller makes the Ps1/2/3 controller look like gold.

Stop it, you're making me think of getting a 360 instead. >:aware:

No one said that picking between these great consoles was easy.

So, should I get 3 controllers right when I get my PS3 just incase? Cause I'm getting Warhawk as my first game.

Rule of thumb = 2 in beginning. Don't go beyond until later.

Home = Second Life

There's a difference between full blown opinion based on whims and myths then opinions based on the truth. Full blown opinion gets anyone except you NOWHERE.

Someone's never used Home and I'm not talking about Bill Cosby.

Edited by Ph201

Yah, stick with 2 controllers for now, because for one thing Warhawk only has split-screen, so only 2 players.

Aslo Ph it's a free 60-day trial, and then $30 for unlimited movie watching. It's works for 360 somehow too actually.

But it's in beta so it's free for now. The link is on the last page of the PS3 thread I think.

It can't just be unlimited? Doesn't it ever end or do you just get watch movies forever?

Uhm why pay for it when you can watch it on your computer anyway...?

360 is HD as well.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.