Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Richeggbert7

Under Age Sex

When ever the two people are ready thats when they should have sex.

Whether that be at 12 or 16, its their decision

I don't agree with it unless they fully understand all of the possible outcomes of having sex. No one should have sex if they don't fully understand all of the possible outcomes. And I do believe that it'd be okay for hospitals or other places to provide condoms because, face it, kids that are underage aren't going to just stop having sex, so it's better that they are safe. I don't honestly know when the best time for sex education would be though. I would guess around age 13 or 14. I know people that lost their virginity around that age, so maybe sex education would have made them at least think twice.

Edited by Michelle

I don't agree with it unless they fully understand all of the possible outcomes of having sex. No one should have sex if they don't fully understand all of the possible outcomes. And I do believe that it'd be okay for hospitals or other places to provide condoms because, face it, kids that are underage aren't going to just stop having sex, so it's better that they are safe. I don't honestly know when the best time for sex education would be though. I would guess around age 13 or 14. I know people that lost their virginity around that age, so maybe sex education would have made them at least think twice.

i remember my whole grade learned about sex in 4th grade, lol, then they re taught it in 5th

Wow. It wasn't taught until about 10th grade for us. Way too late for most of the people.

Here in Canada, the legal age to have sex is 14. So.. I doubt many people here are "Underaged".

Holy Crap!

Where did I put that passport again? :aware:

The problem with this debate is that people always say 'If their ready, let them.' Well see that's a good theory but it doesn't really play out. How many teens do you think are actually thinking with their head when it comes to sex?

Do you really think a 12, 13, or 14 year old is mature enough to understand the consequences? Sure, they know about the chance of pregnancy, but how many times have you heard, "it can't happen to me?" Sure there are a few, but they're a slim minority. That's why I think the law of 18 should stand. At that point most kids are starting to figure out how hard it is to support living by themselves, and then they'll stat to realize how hard it will be to support a child.

Married people. What if they can't afford a wedding because they are 25? Surely that should be allowed?

Dude. Don't be ridiculous.

Kansas:

50 for the license plus a $25 surcharge. Cash is required in most counties.

:aware:

If you can't afford that, then you are too poor to have sex.

Married people. What if they can't afford a wedding because they are 25? Surely that should be allowed?

Dude. Don't be ridiculous.

Kansas:

50 for the license plus a $25 surcharge. Cash is required in most counties.

:aware:

If you can't afford that, then you are too poor to have sex.

I was just going to say, you can get married for under 100.

I hold the Christian view of sex, soz all. It's for married people IMO and I have yet to see a good counterpoint to that.

I think I agree.

Under Age Sex. Is it Okay if you know the concequences, or is it totaly wrong to be starting lives when your a child?

By under age sex we mean under 18, to save us any confusion :aware:. Should hospitals supply condoms to children Under Age? What is the right time for Sex Education? Views here.

My personal view will be revealed further into the topic.

Under age sex is when you have sex under the age of consent in your country, and i'ts not 18 in every country.

As long as they use proper methods to protect from pregnancy, its fine.

Actually, in the majority of countries, underage would be under 15. US has the highest age of consent of any other country, I believe. My country's is 16.

Edited by Demsale

"What if they can't afford a wedding because they are 25?"

Well and the license in some states is actually free, or $10.

lol

You don't have to have a wedding to be married.

I don't think there is a right and a wrong age to have sex, within reason. There are people who are physically ready for sex, however, seldom do people listen to whether they are emotionally ready for it. Also, I think the decision should be made only by yourself. If you have sex because you were pressured into it or didn't think about it prior to it, then you may feel regrets afterward. Therefore, take the time to think about whether you are ready or not, if you can't decide, then most likely you should wait until you are sure.

If you are emotionally ready, you've considered it and made the decision yourself. Also, you know what precautions to take and the consequences of careless behaviour, then I don't see the problem.

Same arguments as old threads. Age has nothing to do with anything. Blah.

I hold the Christian view of sex, soz all. It's for married people IMO and I have yet to see a good counterpoint to that.
Sex has been around longer than marriage... and Christianity.

Under age sex is fine. Once you hit puberty its all good, I mean your bodies are ready. This whole waiting until you reach a number people made up to measure how long you've lived is really kind of stupid. People had sex before we had ages, they just went off when their bodies were ready to mate. You just have to make sure that everyone is educated.

I don't see what the big deal about all of this is.

That is way too young.

My mother said when she got married (long time ago!) it was normal for people to get married right after they got out of high school, and she got married when she was 20 and that was considered Late. She said that most of those people were just not ready to have a family.

You can't stop idiots from having sex if they want to, but if something happens, they probably won't be ready for it.

It's not okay. Kids jump into it, doing it for fun. They (and me) don't have a full understanding of sex. Also, hospitals shouldn't be giving out condoms to anyone. If you are going to have sex at whatever age, need to accept what comes next, a child. And if there underaged they shouldn't be doing it at all. Even 18+ age people find it as a game, and even something to deal with other problems you have in life such as depression. I think you shouldn't have sex until you are married, when you have a full understanding of sex and know you are sharing it with someone special not just a bunch of people for fun. For the people who say using the proper methods not to get the girl pregnant then it's okay. Eh, if your ready to have sex your ready to have a baby. For everyone else stop saying your mature and wait idiots...

Edited by definedeath2

I think you shouldn't have sex until you are married, when you have a full understanding of sex and know you are sharing it with someone special not just a bunch of people for fun.
A two year old could get married. Does that mean the two year old can start having sex?

And saving it for someone special... who says the others weren't special? Who says two 12 year olds can't be that close... even in love?

Eh, if your ready to have sex your ready to have a baby. For everyone else stop saying your mature and wait idiots...
No and no. Being ready to have sex can be at any time. Raising a child, on the other hand, is almost impossible for a minor in the modern world.

Just because two people are physically ready for sex, doesn't mean they are mentally and emotionally ready. :aware:

Being "physically ready" for sex also means your body is "physically ready" to produce children. :) And honestly, despite protection (and no protection is 100% full proof, unless you don't have sex or get permanently sterilised...) there's still the chance. I don't think youth whose bodies have just started to "mature" can fully understand the import of having sex. Like the chemical/emotional bonds etc formed when two people have sex, the risk of protection failing etc etc.

Then as youth, as most of us are, our bodies are pumped up with hormones and whether we like it or not, we're also at one of the most easily influenced stages of our lives. Of course a teenager can make perfectly rational decisions and adults can also make irrational decisions, I just think that many teenagers take sex lightly. Fine if you want to take sex lightly and are able to bear potential consequences after making a rational decision that you want to take sex lightly. But I seriously doubt few young teenagers are able to fully grasp the potential consequences or bear them should they occur.

Just my opinion.

Just because two people are physically ready for sex, doesn't mean they are mentally and emotionally ready. :aware:
But sex is the act, the emotions are the effect. Therefore, physically is all that's needed.
Being "physically ready" for sex also means your body is "physically ready" to produce children. :)
No, as soon as a male can get an erection, he can have sex... don't think anything physically stops females.
And honestly, despite protection (and no protection is 100% full proof, unless you don't have sex or get permanently sterilised...) there's still the chance.
Condoms are 99.9% when used correctly. The pill, 98%. The rod, 95% (I believe). There are more, but I've said what I needed to.
I don't think youth whose bodies have just started to "mature" can fully understand the import of having sex.
I think that when those who have fully matured look back, they see something bigger than is actually there.
Like the chemical/emotional bonds etc formed when two people have sex, the risk of protection failing etc etc.
Where I live, the risks are drilled into our heads from the age of 10.
Then as youth, as most of us are, our bodies are pumped up with hormones and whether we like it or not, we're also at one of the most easily influenced stages of our lives. Of course a teenager can make perfectly rational decisions and adults can also make irrational decisions, I just think that many teenagers take sex lightly. Fine if you want to take sex lightly and are able to bear potential consequences after making a rational decision that you want to take sex lightly. But I seriously doubt many young teenagers are able to fully grasp the potential consequences or bear them should they occur.
Consequences include: A pregnancy (abortable), STDs (mostly treatable), possible regrets.

Sure we take it a little lighter than it probably is, but it cannot be as hard as we are told it is.

It was in the news recently ( In England ) that a girl got pregnant when she was 10.

Veiws on this

:aware: Rich

Disgusting. That is all.

No, as soon as a male can get an erection, he can have sex

This is a common misconception--actually, that's an indicator of high levels of testosterone. Now if said male is, say, 12, then that's another matter. But a six-year-old can have an erection, however I don't think a six-year-old can have sex.

Condoms are 99.9% when used correctly. The pill, 98%. The rod, 95% (I believe). There are more, but I've said what I needed to.

But that's still not 100%. And condoms are not dense enough to stop HIV from being transmitted.

Oh, and I noticed this:

Consequences include: A pregnancy (abortable), STDs (mostly treatable), possible regrets.

Sure we take it a little lighter than it probably is, but it cannot be as hard as we are told it is.

Shall we delve into those potential STDs? Firstly, the article I've got here on STDs says "Healthcare professionals suggest safer sex, such as the use of condoms, as the most reliable way of decreasing the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases during sexual activity, but safer sex should by no means be considered an absolute safeguard." :)

"No contact equals no risk."

Cytomegalovirus (CMV) through skin to skin contact, saliva, not only sexually.

Hepatitis B.

Herpes simplex

Herpes simplex virus implicated in Alzheimer's disease.

Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)

Human papillomavirus (HPV)

Certain strains of HPV cause genital warts

Certain strains of HPV cause dysplasias, which can lead to cervical cancer, penis cancer, anal cancer, oral cancer, head and neck cancer.

Molluscum (MC)

Mononucleosis is spread through saliva, can occur during sex.

Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV/HHV8)

The cause of Kaposi's sarcoma

Having kids when you're a kid yourself is extremely selfish in my eyes. Parents have to legally take care of their children until they are 18 years old (or an adult). So, if you happen to be 13 or another young age, and you have a child, you're forcing your parents to take care of more kids (which they probably don't want to take care of).

Although, the couple could put the child up for adoption or abort it, but it would still put a burden on everyone including the child. They would have to grow up in poverty stricken home because kids can't get great paying jobs. Especially if they have to drop out of school to take care of the baby. Or they could grow up adopted always wondering what their real parents are like, and why they abandoned them. :aware:

The age limit shouldn't be 18. There are kids that are graduating at 17 and even 16! And they can not make their own choices? The age limit should be 17, but you mus have finished High School. Otherwise the age limit should be 18 for people that dropped out of High School.

The age limit shouldn't be 18. There are kids that are graduating at 17 and even 16! And they can not make their own choices? The age limit should be 17, but you mus have finished High School. Otherwise the age limit should be 18 for people that dropped out of High School.

That is the worst idea I ever heard.

In my opinion under age sex is just fine if the two people are ready and are at a mature point in their own lives. I also think a requirement for teenagers to engage in under age sex is to be adequately prepared, and by adequately prepared I mean having both forms of contraceptive. Teenagers should not engage if they do not have condoms and are not taking a form of birth control pills. I think teenagers must also be mentally prepared as sex can have emotional effects as well as physical.

You said everything I wanted to say :aware:. We shouldn't stop them if their ready.