AP Running

Prep Vs Emo

Prep VS Emo  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Preps or Emo?

• Preps
    • Emo

Vocab time:

PREP- These people wear branded clothes such as Hollister, American Eagle, A&F, etc. The men usually cut their hair short. They usually have cell phones and sometimes a girlfriend or boyfriend. They enjoy their lives.

EMO- These people wear black and shirts with their favorite metal band on the front. They have long hair. Most of them tell me that they hate their lives and some emo people cut therselves.

Which clique is better and why?

-I think preps are better because we ENJOY our life.

-We get involved in after school activites. STUDY SHOWS THAT KIDS INVOLVED GET BETTER GRADES AND IT PROMOTES ACHIEVEMENT.

-We get good grades.

-We get all the hot girls or boys.

-We enjoy our high school time. I will have good memories about high school.

You can post.

The both suck in my humble opinion.

I'm thinking this is in the wrong section. But if not, I suppose I'll say that all stereotypes are moronic, and all cliques who follow those stereotypes are moronic as well. The way I see it, emos are preps who want to rebel, but really suck at doing so.

~CQ :aware:

if you get a someone who is almost a prep, but still normal, and a guy who is almost emo, but doesnt cut themselves and wear girl make-up, they could be good friends, but preps and emos i hate altogether, why? no-one likes preps anymore, just kinda 80s. also, emos are posers.

If you live a life with some sort of stable reality then there is no need for groups. Here is something for you, what has clothing/hair style/band preference have to do with anything :aware:?

if you get a someone who is almost a prep, but still normal, and a guy who is almost emo, but doesnt cut themselves and wear girl make-up, they could be good friends, but preps and emos i hate altogether, why? no-one likes preps anymore, just kinda 80s. also, emos are posers.

Friendship isn't based on grouping. Also, i don't like the fact you generalise that all 'emos' are 'posers'.

Edited by Unknown

I don't understand why anyone would choose "Emo", and with that said, I voted "Prep." :) It's all about cliques and fraternities in high school and college anyways, without having them, you have no group to back you up in tight spots. It's always nice to have a good group of friends and chicks that are always there, to help you and party. :aware:

I pick preps. U should enjoy ur life and deal with ur problems instead of moaning and complaining about it. Emos just seek attention. U need good friends, both guys and chicks to help u in ur time in high school. Basically, I like some1 who enjoys like. :aware:

They're school-based cliques. Both of them are worthless because none of the people in them understand who they really are, even though they'll probably claim they do. It's the curse of adolescence.

They're school-based cliques. Both of them are worthless because none of the people in them understand who they really are, even though they'll probably claim they do. It's the curse of adolescence.

+1

Once you leave school, it doesn't matter anymore, you'll look back and think how stupid you were for stereotyping yourself.

preps are better....emos are weird

:) Why does being weird make you worse than those that aren't? And Emos aren't weird, anyway. They're too stereotypical to truly be weird.

~CQ :aware:

Vocab time:

PREP- These people wear branded clothes such as Hollister, American Eagle, A&F, etc. The men usually cut their hair short. They usually have cell phones and sometimes a girlfriend or boyfriend. They enjoy their lives.

EMO- These people wear black and shirts with their favorite metal band on the front. They have long hair. Most of them tell me that they hate their lives and some emo people cut therselves.

-We get involved in after school activites. STUDY SHOWS THAT KIDS INVOLVED GET BETTER GRADES AND IT PROMOTES ACHIEVEMENT.

-We get good grades.

You can post.

"You, dear sir, are a fool." - Quote from a random person, no idea who, but VERY suitable now.

For a start....dude....stereotypes here! I used to be Emo. I'm not now, but I don't act/dress/look any different. I do not wear just black. Not all my shirts have my favourite metal band on it. I do not have long hair. I love my life. I wouldn't cut myself if you paid me to.

And Preps sounds like chavs in Britain to me. The one's who get blamed for all the stabbings and some of the non-terrorist related murders. Yeah, i'd love to be them.

Also...getting all the hot women/men is hardly to brag about. You seem to know nothing about a proper relationship. Trust me, If i went for a man or woman who i thought was "hot", I wouldn't have any long term relationship. It's about WHO they are, not what they look like.

You talk about High School, but i doubt very much by your maturity that you're a high schooler.

~Hutton~

Edited by Hutton

Emo is not metal. They just do it to 'claim' themselves fans but there not.

Vocab time:

-We get good grades.

You can post.

"You, dear sir, are a fool." - Quote from a random person, no idea who, but VERY suitable now.

For a start....dude....stereotypes here! I used to be Emo. I'm not now, but I don't act/dress/look any different. I do not wear just black. Not all my shirts have my favourite metal band on it. I do not have long hair. I love my life. I wouldn't cut myself if you paid me to.

And Preps sounds like chavs in Britain to me. The one's who get blamed for all the stabbings and some of the non-terrorist related murders. Yeah, i'd love to be them.

Also...getting all the hot women/men is hardly to brag about. You seem to know nothing about a proper relationship. Trust me, If i went for a man or woman who i thought was "hot", I wouldn't have any long term relationship. It's about WHO they are, not what they look like.

You talk about High School, but i doubt very much by your maturity that you're a high schooler.

~Hutton~

Well said.

Plus chavs (not sure abotu "Preps") are usually the jerks who pick on people.

Vocab time:

-We get good grades.

You can post.

Emos? Metal? Excuse me? Looks like someone needs to get their facts straight. Since when have emos slayer shirts? Neither. One has the whiny voice, what, both do. And one group goes around talking about suicide. Note: I'm sure that what I said above about the preps and emos having whiny voices and the emos that talk about suicide are rumors, but still... Rumors come from grains of truth.

They both suck equally.

Seriously, I've hated the words "Scene" and "Prep" and "Goth" for so many years now. They're just annoying. No one cares what you want to call yourself. And usually the people that do call themselves "Scene" and whatnot are just trying to sound different. No one is unique.

LOL do not feed the troll.

"Cool Guy"

A day in the life; "Hey guys, lets go to the shopping mall and get some milkshakes!" "That sounds like a coolio idea (insert name - probably Jake or something like it.)" "Neat-o gang, lets roll."

*later*

"Wow, that was sure a nice day at the mall." "Totally." "Hey Scooby! Want some Scooby snacks?!"

Yeah, you get the point. Hello I live in a little pond which is so shallow my toes are only slightly moist.

These people wear branded clothes such as Hollister, American Eagle, A&F, etc. Most of them tell me that they hate their lives and some emo people cut themselves.

I guess I'm a it. Above it what describes me.

The idea of both groups is stupid.

favorite metal band

I beg to differ. Usually it's the Mohicans, The Exploited, or Good Charlotte. Metalheads =/= emo's. Hate to poop your party.

Actually in my experience metal fans hate emo's. lol

I'm an it, an outcast, and hey, didn't I write up an essay for myself on cliques and such? I think I'll go post that in the appropriate topic....my head is off-axis today or something. Geez.

Just because you listen to a certain style of music and wear a different style of dress it does not make you any better or worse than someone of a different physical make up. I don't think stereotypes are bad as such, for certain youths belonging to a group makes them feel better about themselves and they feel a sense of community. I don't view that as a negative thing. However, what does annoy me in when someone is made fun of the way they look, dress and what they listen to.

However, most intelligent youths will learn that it is better to be different through your actions, rather than through your appearance. If you want to stand out, let it be for something worthwhile.

Yes, it's quite juvenile watching youths dress, talk and act the same while listening to a certain style of music. However, as long as they are not inflicting any harm or intolerance on anyone else, I don't see what the problem is.

Cool Guy your preps we all hate you... heres one for ya 'If emo's hate life so much why do they go to carnivals???' :aware: Well, eh ya both creep me out, it's hard to tell.

Preps= rich snobby people who have no consideration for anyone else (they say they do but they don't)

Emo's= Scary people who cut themselves and say they hate life and accidentally end up in carnivals enjoying themselves...

Gee I don't know, I pee my pants over both you cliques.