Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jedediah

Os Not Found?

Hey, on my laptop ( The one thats been shutting down randomly ) I recently installed some Software, one was a driver for my Video Camera ( It's installed in this computer, they are both XP and have adequate space ) as well as Yahoo messenger ( Can never have enough e-mails ). When I finished installing the Driver it said "You must restart for the changes to take effect, Restart now or later ? " so I chose later since I was watching Arby n the Chief (Wedding, you should check it out, fudgeing hilarious..

). When that episode was done, I shut down my computer then pressed the power button to restart it, I was reading through the Camera manual and when I looked up at the screen it said the message " OS system not found " with a _ icon, I assumed it was for me to type in. At first I got in touch with the kid side in me and thought Oh my god, I can be like a hacker now! Then I went in a flashback with the game Enter the Matrix where you screw around with the cheats option ( It's basicly like a computer with a keyboard on the screen and you have to type in certain things to access something, like /dir was system directory and like that, sort of like commands for a normal computer ) but I did the natural thing and restarted the computer, everything went back to normal, it loaded up windows and logged me in. I even restarted it a second time to see if I could cause the error again to identify the problem, my question is that " Is this just a technical glitch that won't happen again or could this happen to be a serious problem down the road ? "

If you were installing the drivers from a CD, and you kept it in there, the computer would attempt to boot from it, and since no OS is on the CD, it would present that error.

Thanks, yeah I did leave the disk in there. :aware: But when I shut it down manually and turned it on it went to windows as normal, the Disk was still in the driver. Is it because it followed the normal path to boot?