Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
godofwar0166

Bloodvelds

Question

7 answers to this question

Torag's Armour is decent, or you can do the Neitz Helm (Requires the Fremmy quest), Granite Body, Dragon platelegs/skirt.

Bloodvelds aren't extremely tough, so you can probably pull it off with a Rune Platebody and Legs.

actually... bloodvelds used a magic based melee attack. the best would be karils, with elemental shield. black dragonhide works too.

Torag's Armour is decent, or you can do the Neitz Helm (Requires the Fremmy quest), Granite Body, Dragon platelegs/skirt.

Bloodvelds aren't extremely tough, so you can probably pull it off with a Rune Platebody and Legs.

actually... bloodvelds used a magic based melee attack. the best would be karils, with elemental shield. black dragonhide works too.

+1. I personally dislike karils as it's magic defence is the same as black dragonhide (which doesn't need to be repaired).

Here is what I take, armor wise, dragon boots, full black dragon hide, glory ammulet (can take fury if you have the cash), rune defender (switch for obby shield if you like), combat bracelet (or barrows gloves, only if adamant or higher), and a snakeskin bandana (unless you have a robin), and a whip (as in my experience they are weak to slashing attack).

This is mellee gear just so you don't get confused :aware:.

Their max is 5, and if you wear a wealth ring, they drop enough food that at 70 defence you can stay there indefinitely (if you have a couple 100 alching runes for their rune/ mith drops).

~John

Edited by John Adams

The only thing I would change from John Adam's suggestions, which for the most part I use exactly, are for the helm, try neitznot instead of robin, especially if you are meleeing. If you want more affordable range head gear than a robin, try one of the blessed coifs instead.

Also, I've heard several times from people that were higher cb than me (122 atm) that whip is not the best weapon for bloodvelds. Dds has always been recommended instead, for the slash attack, and I've found that imo to work better as well. With godswords out though, those are clearly superior if you can get one to use. I will say that getting them for a slayer task is a lot more fun when they can be 2 or 3 hit at times. Might be obvious, but a superset also helps tremendously.

+1. I personally dislike karils as it's magic defence is the same as black dragonhide (which doesn't need to be repaired).

Their max is 5, and if you wear a wealth ring, they drop enough food that at 70 defence you can stay there indefinitely (if you have a couple 100 alching runes for their rune/ mith drops).

~John

The only difference between Karils and Black dragonhide is the fact that Karils has an increased magic defence, its a quite large difference at +22 mage defence to karils. That being said I recommend Black D'hide on the chest and body and then whatever you want to increase your melee hits on the rest, Bloodvelds do not hit hard and you can still use Guthans on them because of their poor attack.

Im more partial to ranging bloodvelds, they are one of the few tasks that actually speed by because of their low range defence. There are a couple of safespots that you can utilise.

If you want to melee try using this armour which works perfectly for me:

Helm of neitiznot;

Amulet of glory/fure amulet;

Any skillcape/fire cape;

Black d'hide body and legs;

Barrows gloves from RFD;

Dragon boots;

Ring of wealth;

Book of Balance (Guthix book);

Whip.

Inventory:

Super set (3)

One-click teleport (just in case, but not needed.)

20 Monkfish

With my stats that you see below and my gear I kill around 100 bloodvelds/trip. Hope that helped and good luck slaying them! :aware:

Crownom :)

I like to use the bloodveld slayer tasks to train mage and range as there are several safe spots. Kind of depends on what method you want to use to kill them.