Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WalMart Boss

Bandos Vs. Barrows

Question

should i get bandos armour or barrows armour? i want a high defence with a high strength so im kinda leaning to bandos; however, im not sure if it will be worth it.

6 answers to this question

should i get bandos armour or barrows armour? i want a high defence with a high strength so im kinda leaning to bandos; however, im not sure if it will be worth it.

Bandos for two reasons, #1: It does not degrade #2: Looks cooler :aware:

barrows is good but it needs to be recharged. barrows costs a lot, looks cool, gives str bonus and has good def. i would get bandos plate+tassets if i could afford it.

As an owner of bandos. You'll hardly notice that you'll have less def if you wear a dfs with bandos.

Bandos + dfs = Cool looks, decent def, high str bonus.

It actually depends on your combat style, at least in my opinion. If you like fighting the old fashioned way - a shield in one hand, and a whip in another - then I'd stick with Torag-class protection. If you're the type that likes to dish out a lot of damage (defender/Godsword) and use a replenishable method of healing (Guthan's or a Summoning familiar), then I'd probably give the Bandos armour a shot.

It's worth noting that there's a noticeable difference on certain monsters between the two choices, in which you get hit slightly more often. I've noticed I get hit quite a bit more often by Nechryaels for example, while wearing the Bandos plate and tassets opposed to Barrows equipment.

well, Bandos is very expensive but in theory over time you will have spent the same amount of money in repairing your armor, it will take a while though. Barrows equipment can also be useful, Guthans heals you, Veracs can hit through prayer and armour. Ultimately, it all comes down to money. but i say get both if you can afford it. Bandos and Guthans.