Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mano

Temporary Stat Boosters - Ready I Think.

You forgot the art of hunting in your list :huh:. Anyway a "hunter potion" will raise hunting by 3.

I just realised that there is a list of stat boosters on all of the combat related skills guides.

You may want to say that there is a list of boosters of combat skills on their respective guide.

evil swets of doom work's well it is a 50\50 canch of it raising 6+ levles but you can get 6- levels i think that works for all stats but combat stats :huh:

Edited by nadler99

You forgot the art of hunting in your list :huh:. Anyway a "hunter potion" will raise hunting by 3.

A hunting potion? Didn't know about that one, but yeah, found it on the DB.

I just realised that there is a list of stat boosters on all of the combat related skills guides.

You may want to say that there is a list of boosters of combat skills on their respective guide.

Why would I need to? :(

evil swets of doom work's well it is a 50\50 canch of it raising 6+ levles but you can get 6- levels i think that works for all stats but combat stats :(

It's not 50%. There's a chance of -6, -5, -4, -3, -2, -1 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Not sure if you put wizard mind bomb i dont know how much it boosts by

Not sure if you put wizard mind bomb i dont know how much it boosts by

I'd forgotten that one, thanks.

nnice guide :huh:

Heres some stuff for the wizard mind bomb:

If your Magic level is 49 or below, it will increase it temporarily by 2 levels.

If your Magic level is above 49, your level will be increased with 3 levels.

Decreases your Attack, Strength, and Defence level by 1

A bunch of things missing:

Agility

There are two ways to raise your agility. One is the Agility Potion. The agility potion raises your agility by 3. The other is a Summer Pie, which raises it by 5.

Spirit terrorbird familiars can raise your agility by 2, Abyssal Lurker familiars can raise it by 4.

Cooking

The only way to raise your Cooking is by using a Chef's Delight, which raises it by 4.

Actully, a chef's delight uses this formula to calculate the cooking boost:

5% of your level + 1

Also, matured chef's delights give 5% of your level + 2. Add that.

Defence

As with Attack, the two ways for Defence are are by using a Defence Potion, which raises it by 10% of your current level, and by using a Super Defence Potion, which boosts by 15%

Battle tortoise familiars raise it by 8.

Hitpoints

There are two ways to raise your HitPoints. One is by bathing in the (Submit) pool in Oo'glog, which boosts by (Submit). The other is by using a Saradomin Brew, which raises it by (Submit).

A saradomin brew boosts it 15% above normal level.

Magic

Magic is boostable in three ways. One is the Magic potion, which raises it by 3, and the other is a Magic Essense potion, which raises your Magic by 3. The last is by using a Wizard's Mind Bomb, which raises your Magic by

A magic potion raises it by 4, not 3. Wizard's mind bombs raise it by 2 if your level is 49 or lower, if 50 or higher it gives 3 levels. Also a Wolpertinger familiar gives you a 7+ magic boost.

Mining

Two ways to raise your Mining are by using a Dwarven Stout or a Dwarven stout(M). As with Herblore, the normal ale raises by 1, and the Mature Ale by 2.

Obsidian golem familiars give an invisible 8+ boost. Lava titan familiars give 10+.

Prayer

There are no edible or drinkable items for Prayer. There are certain altars or other places, that when used or prayed at, will give your prayer a boost over its base level. These ways are: The monastery, which gives a (Submit); The Nature Spirit altar, which gives a +(Submit) bonus.

Both give a 2+ bonus. Also, a special attack from the ancient goblin mace will drain prayer points from the opponent equal to the damage hit, and this can exeed you current level. So t's possible to boost it more than 30 levels this way.

Ranged potion - 15% boost.

Slayer

A wild pie can be used to raise your Slayer. It raises it by 5.

A slayer's respite can also be used, it gives 1+ boost, or 2+ if matured.

Smithing

One way to raise your smithing is by using a Dwarven Stout, which raises it by 1. (This also raises your mining by 1.)

If matured, it raises your level 2 levels.

Strength

The Dragon Battle axe special will raise your strength level by 15%, while all other combat stats including Defense, Attack, Magic and Ranged are decreased. The other two ways are are by using a Strength Potion, which raises it by 10% of your current level, and by using a Super Strength Potion, which boosts by 15%

Actully, d battleaxe and super strenght raise it by 20%, while normal strength pot raises 15%. Also Obsidian golem familiars give you a 9+ strenght boost.

Bandit brew raises thieving by 1. This cannot be brewed, thus there is no matured version.

An Abyssal lurker familiar can raise it by 4.

Also some skills you forgot:

Woodcutting can be boosted by a brew called Axerman's folley, which raises it by 1, or 2 if matured.

Hunter can be boosted 3 levels with a hunter potion. Also, spirit graahk, spirit larupia and spirit kyatt familiars all give you an invisible 5+ boost.

Farming: Im pretty sure there is some food-thing that raises farming, just can't remember what. Also, some familiars boost farming:

• Dreadfowl: 1+
  • Compost mound: 2% of your level +1
  • Stranger Plant: 4% of your level +1

Thanks a lot. I'm not going to quote it, it's too long, but there was loads of info in there.

As I mentioned before, I'm only doing visable boosts. With summoning, I'm not sure which are visable and which aren't.

Thanks a lot. I'm not going to quote it, it's too long, but there was loads of info in there.

As I mentioned before, I'm only doing visable boosts. With summoning, I'm not sure which are visable and which aren't.

The mining and hunter boosts were invisible, the rest are visible. :(

I found the "food-thing" with a farming bonus: A garden pie. It boosts 3 levels. :huh:

I looked through the list of familiars and found some more visible skill-boosters: :(

• Geyser Titans boost your ranged by 3% of your level +1
  • The granite crab special move gives a 4+ defence boost.
  • The Magpie special scroll gives a 2+ thieving boost
  • Void ravagers give 1+ mining

Wild Pie not only raises Slayer by 5, it also raises Ranging by 4.

Fish Pie raises fishing by 3

I think you need to consider a few other things. While Cooking Gauntlets do not raise your cooking level, they do influence that same cooking level when cooking fish. When you cook your wares on the range in Lumbridge Castle after finishing "The Cooks Assistent" you will burn less food, that is the same thing as having a higher cooking level. Gloves of Silence help when pick-pocketing.

Were you consider other things; Varrock armour does not raise your smithing or mining level, but I would rather use Varrock armour when mining or smithing than a dwarven stout. The effect of Varrock armour is always there where a Dwarven Stout only lasts about 1min 30sec. (Or double that when using matured stout.)

All skill capes have the 'operate' posibility, raising your level to 100.

--Simple--

Edited by Simple013

I think you need to consider a few other things. While Cooking Gauntlets do not raise your cooking level, they do influence that same cooking level when cooking fish. When you cook your wares on the range in Lumbridge Castle after finishing "The Cooks Assistent" you will burn less food, that is the same thing as having a higher cooking level. Gloves of Silence help when pick-pocketing.

He has stated that he won't include invisible bonuses, only those that actuly allow you to do something above your level.

Were you consider other things; Varrock armour does not raise your smithing or mining level, but I would rather use Varrock armour when mining or smithing than a dwarven stout. The effect of Varrock armour is always there where a Dwarven Stout only lasts about 1min 30sec. (Or double that when using matured stout.)

If you are talking about the double ore thing, that certainly does not allow you to anything above your level, so it shouldn't be included

All skill capes have the 'operate' posibility, raising your level to 100.

It says that somewhere in the guide.

But I do think these invisible bonuses should be considered to be included, as they can, especially on familiars, be much more useful in the every-day life than all these drinks and potions.

Thanks, Morty. Simple, when you say fish pie, I think you mean Fishing Potion.

The point of this guide, as it says in the intro, is:

Ever needed to make that item, but were just one level off? This guide will help you if you need to raise your stats.

I will think about making an invisible boost section.

Edited by Mano

It might be worth adding that zamorak brews add the highest attack bonus, a strength bonus close to dba special, but lower defence and damage HP.

It might be worth adding that zamorak brews add the highest attack bonus, a strength bonus close to dba special, but lower defence and damage HP.

I just tested that, it seems to raise attack by 17.5% and strenght by 12.5%. In the progress I also discovered that jangerberries give 2+ att and 1+ strenght when eaten, you can add that. :(

Also normal defence and attack pots raise 15%, while the super versions raise 20%. :huh:

Normal tea gave me a 83/80 level, so it either raises it by 4% or it always gives 3 levels. Last theory sounds most likely to me. :(

But you still have alot of work to do with the melee skills, there's a vast amount of beers and gnome drinks that raise strenght or sometimes attack with a few levels, if you want to include all those it's gonna take time. :P

EDIT: I also rested a combat potion, they give 11+ atrenght and attack, and I think they do that no matter what level you are.

Edited by Morty

Oh yeah.. Ugh.

I'll set to work adding what's been done so far.

An Abyssal lurker familiar can raise it by 4.

Also Obsidian golem familiars give you a 9+ strenght boost.

Battle tortoise familiars raise defense by 8.

Spirit terrorbird familiars can raise your agility by 2, Abyssal Lurker familiars can raise it by 4.

Are these visable?

Edited by Mano

Ehm, nope, when I say fish pie I mean exactly that. Fish Pie: requires lvl 47 cooking, ingredients: cooked Trout, cooked Cod and Potato, cooking xp gained 164.

--Simple--

Ehm, nope, when I say fish pie I mean exactly that. Fish Pie: requires lvl 47 cooking, ingredients: cooked Trout, cooked Cod and Potato, cooking xp gained 164.

--Simple--

My bad. I'll add it now.

NOTES:The capes of achievment

Put a space between the colon and the word "The", also, change "achievment" to "achievement".

You might also want to add that Excalibur's special raises your Defense temporarily. I don't know by how much, though. Sorry! :huh:

The Poison chalice you get from the dwarf near the coal trucks can raise a random skill as well as take away between 1-49hp or give you 1-49 hp. dont forget normal beer gives a strength boost as well as attack getting taken away. and do you have kebabs on there too?

Edit: Also if you are only going to do visible stat bonuses, take out crystal saw, thats invisible.

Edited by Chewylobster

NOTES:The capes of achievment

Put a space between the colon and the word "The", also, change "achievment" to "achievement".

You might also want to add that Excalibur's special raises your Defense temporarily. I don't know by how much, though. Sorry! :huh:

Thanks. Does anybody else know?

The Poison chalice you get from the dwarf near the coal trucks can raise a random skill as well as take away between 1-49hp or give you 1-49 hp. dont forget normal beer gives a strength boost as well as attack getting taken away. and do you have kebabs on there too?

Edit: Also if you are only going to do visible stat bonuses, take out crystal saw, thats invisible.

It's kind of in-between. Although it's inviible, it can be used to make higher levelled things. :huh:

I must say, this guide would look way better if it was in list form. It would be much easier to read and understand, and also easier to edit on your part.

Example:

Skill #1 Name Here

Option #1 Here - List effects here

Option #2 Here - List effects here

Option #3 Here - List effects here

Option #4 Here - List effects here

Skill #2 Name Here

You could also consider getting transparency of the emblem for each skill and putting it next to the name of each skill.

I hate to say it, but right now, it's just an eyesore.

- Helk :huh:

I must say, this guide would look way better if it was in list form. It would be much easier to read and understand, and also easier to edit on your part.

Example:

Skill #1 Name Here

Skill #2 Name Here

You could also consider getting transparency of the emblem for each skill and putting it next to the name of each skill.

I hate to say it, but right now, it's just an eyesore.

- Helk :huh:

It is a mess :huh:

I'll change it.

looks pretty good, needs a little more work but it will be good to have all the skill boosts in one centralized location.

~kugel

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.