Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Potter

Complete Guide To Combat - 100%

:huh: as long as the info is good its fine by me. Also, people use yaks from level 60+.

OK everything's added.

At this point, we still need:

Image of Ancient Magic Spellbook interface (preferably with most of the spells available)

Image of the Special Attack Bar (at any level other than completely empty) TRANSPARENT PLEASE

Table of weapons you can wield in Strength

Table of armors you can wear in Defence

Table of Combat Summoning Monsters

Magic Training Spots

NOTE: WHEN MAKING AN UPDATE, PLEASE STATE WHICH SECTION YOU'RE UPDATING. IT'S A HUGE GUIDE, I NEED TO KNOW, NOT SEARCH.

Edited by Sr H Potter

ok umm i know some f2p amging spots. also, for ranging 61-99 at yaks, no-one uses a crystal bow there, they you full void with rangers helm, and ava's accumulator with bronze-iron knives.

f2p mage training

Levels 1-25

Cows near Al Kharid, across the River Lum.

levels 26-45

There is a Bear in a cage bhind Varrock castle, near the Yew trees.

levels 46-60

There Is a Lesser demon in a cage inside of Wizard's Tower. There are also lesser demons in the Volcano of Karamja.

edit: im logging onto runescape now, i might compose a list of hides.

Armour

Level 1-Plain leather items, Hard leather body (with 10 defense), Members: Spined boots and gloves, Archer helm (After Fremmennik Trails with 45 defense).

Level 20- Studded leather body (with 20 defense), Studded chaps, Coif.

Level 25- Members: Frog Leather armour (with 25 defense).

Level 30- Members: Snakeskin armour (with 30 defense).

Level 40- Members: Robin hood hat, Ranger boots, Spined Body, Chaps, and Helm (After Fremmennik Trails with 40 defense) All: Green d'hide Vambraces and Chaps, Green d'hide Body and Coif (with 40 defense).\

{ill continue it soon if someone else doesnt make one}

Edited by Scope Gunner

ok umm i know some f2p amging spots. also, for ranging 61-99 at yaks, no-one uses a crystal bow there, they you full void with rangers helm, and ava's accumulator with bronze-iron knives.

f2p mage training

Levels 1-25

Cows near Al Kharid, across the River Lum.

levels 26-45

There is a Bear in a cage bhind Varrock castle, near the Yew trees.

levels 46-60

There Is a Lesser demon in a cage inside of Wizard's Tower. There are also lesser demons in the Volcano of Karamja.

edit: im logging onto runescape now, i might compose a list of hides.

Excellent! I'm gonna take it that the Cows can be used for Members and Freeplayers, as I don't see what else beginning Member mages can use.

I've already done a list of Range Armor

STILL NEEDED:

Image of Ancient Magic Spellbook interface (preferably with most of the spells available)

Image of the Special Attack Bar (at any level other than completely empty) TRANSPARENT PLEASE

Table of weapons you can wield in Strength

Table of armors you can wear in Defence

Table of Combat Summoning Monsters

More Magic Training Spots

Guide to the Combat Triangle IN YOUR OWN WORDS

Edited by Sr H Potter

~§The Combat Triangle§~

Well, as we all know, thing usually have their pros and cons. This theory is applied to the Runescape Combat Triangle. How the triangle is explained is: Melee beats Ranged, Ranged beats Magic, and Magic beats Melee. Melee beats ranged, because a warrior's plate armour guards well against arrows, and a warrior's blade can slice through even the best of leather and dragonhide armour. Ranged beats Magic because, even though they can both be used from a distance, a rangers arrows will penatrate the cloth-like robes of a spellcaster, and magical blasts do not travel through leather and dragonhide that easily. Last but not least, Magic beats Melee because it is fact that electricity is conducted by metal. Now, think of the spellcaster and his spell as the electricity, and the warrior and his plate armour as the conductor. Yes, you can say it. Ouch. Don't think that because of this, Runescape combat is as basic as rock-paper-scissors. While playing Runescape, you can mix-and-match your own styles of combat and become an unstopable force...most of the time anyway.

to long? i can shorten it up if needed.

Edited by Scope Gunner

It's perfect. I've already added it, but made some touch-ups to shorten it.

Edited by Sr H Potter

xm0v2w.png

[IMG=http://i35.tinypic.com/xm0v2w.png]

EDIT:

Version2

5pwi.jpg

[IMG=http://i37.tinypic.com/5pwi.jpg]

Edited by Scope Gunner

@SCOPE - I never knew you could do transparencies, I don't believe you did it?? Well if you didn't you have to state who did.

*0 BLUE SPLATTER* 0 on your opponent

Edit out the 0 since you already have the picture.

Mage

Members: 17-99

Monster: Rock Crabs (level-13)

Checkpoints:

14ncvir.gif

[IMG=http://i34.tinypic.com/14ncvir.gif]

Thanks to Roy for editing out the corners.

Thanks to W1z K1ll1ng (me) for taking the Pic :huh:

- W1z :huh:

Edited by W1z K1ll1ng

Here's a specbar..

specdj004393057174iazaim4.gif

[IMG=http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5884/specdj004393057174iazaim4.gif]

thats a lotta spec bars...

thats a lotta spec bars...

I guess I have a lot of supporters :huh:

I won't say whose I took... otherwise I'll start mass chaos and turn this into Flame-a-palooza

You mite wanna put high alchemy as a universal for 55-99

EDIT: @ W1z, yeah i did transpaencies myself. I rarley do them cuz i dont like saving pics i probably won't use.

Edited by Scope Gunner

I put it in, thanks.

EDIT: I'm not sure how much more we can add about combat that we aren't already plannin, but I'd say this guide has reached 40%!

Good job everybody.

NEW IDEA: PVP SECTION - EQUIPMENT, FIGHTING, ETC, May need to be edited once total-world PvP combat comes out. I NEED PEOPLE TO WORK ON:

Equipping yourself - Mages, Warriors and Rangers

Using Your Skills to your Advantage

NEW IDEA: Money making with combat

Edited by Sr H Potter

umm what exactly do you mean by "equipping yourself"? :huh:

umm what exactly do you mean by "equipping yourself"? :huh:

What equipment is recommended for a

Mage

Warrior

Ranger

EDIT: Please only create 1 outfit per class, I don't need multiple outfits for multiple occasions.

While fighting other players in PvP combat?

If you think you know what it is, and you even have the equipment, by far get me a picture. Transparecized please :huh:

Edited by Sr H Potter

Im sure I can get the ranged/melee ones, but for pvp we talking in terms of main pvp, pure pvp, zerker pvp, tank pvp, or hybrid pvp?

Im sure I can get the ranged/melee ones, but for pvp we talking in terms of main pvp, pure pvp, zerker pvp, tank pvp, or hybrid pvp?

Let's have these:

Melee Main

Mage Main

Range Main

Hybrid

• -Steel Minotaurs - Fights at 90 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 56 summoning.
    -Spirit Graahk - Fights at 93 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 57 summoning.
    -Spirit Kyatt - Fights at 93 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 57 summoning.
    -Spirit Larupia - Fights at 93 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 57 summoning.
    -Karamthulhu Overlord - Fights at 95 combat and gives ranged experience. Requires 58 summoning.
    -Smoke Devil - Fights at 101 combat and gives magic experience. Requires 61 summoning.
    -Abyssal Lurker - Fights at 93 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 62 summoning.
    -Spirit Cobra - Fights at 105 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 63 summoning.
    -Stranger Plant - Fights at 107 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 64 summoning.
    -Mithril Minotaur - Fights at 112 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 66 summoning.
    -Barker Toad - Fights at 112 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 66 summoning.
    -Ravenous Locust - Fights at 120 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 70 summoning.
    -Arctic Bear - Fights at 122 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 71 summoning.
    -Obsidian Golem - Fights at 126 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 73 summoning.
    -Granite Lobster - Fights at 129 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 74 summoning.
    -Praying Mantis - Fights at 131 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 76 summoning.
    -Adamant Minotaur - Fights at 133 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 76 summoning.
    -Forge Regent - Fights at 133 combat and gives ranged experience. Requires 76 summoning.
    -Talon Beast - Fights at 135 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 77 summoning.
    -Giant Ent - Fights at 137 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 78 summoning.
    -Fire Titan - Fights at 139 combat and gives magic experience. Requires 79 summoning.
    -Ice Titan - Fights at 139 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 79 summoning.
    -Moss Titan - Fights at 139 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 79 summoning.
    -Hydra - Fights at 141 combat and gives ranged experience. Requires 80 summoning.
    -Spirit Dagannoth - Fights at 148 combat and gives controlled experience. Requires 83 summoning.
    -Lava Titan - Fights at 148 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 83 summoning.
    -Swamp Titan - Fights at 152 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 85 summoning.
    -Rune Minotaur - Fights at 154 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 86 summoning.
    -Geyser Titan - Fights at 200 combat and gives ranged experience. Requires 89 summoning.
    -Wolpertinger - Fights at 210 combat and gives magic experience. Requires 92 summoning.
    -Abyssal Titan - Fights at 215 combat and gives attack experience. Requires 93 summoning.
    -Iron Titan - Fights at 210 combat and gives defence experience. Requires 95 summoning.
    -Pack Yak - Fights at 175 combat and gives strength experience. Requires 96 summoning.
    -Steel Titan - Fights at 230 combat and gives ranged experience. Requires 99 summoning.

Theres a list of the useful combat summons.

I've been on rs actually surveyins hybridz and melee mains, ill get the whole list by tommorow.

I've been on rs actually surveyins hybridz and melee mains, ill get the whole list by tommorow.

OK, let me update you on exactly what we need:

Warrior Equipment, as if the Warrior was fighting against Mages and Rangers. The Best equipment.

Ranger Equipment, as if the Ranger was fighting against Warriors and Mages. The Best equipment.

Mage Equipment, as if the Mage was fighting against Warriors and Ranger. The Best equipment.

Hybrid/all types, I suppose an inventory as well. THIS IS NOT NECESSARY, BUT COULD BE A NICE ADDITION.

A hybrid is a mix of all 3 that switches combat styles during kills if im not mistaken; it shouldnt be hard.

A hybrid is a mix of all 3 that switches combat styles during kills if im not mistaken; it shouldnt be hard.

Alright then, we definitely want an inventory too for Hybrid.

I told you, I know next to 0 about all of the PK'ing stuff.

Still need tips on Money Making!

Nice guide! Had some interesting tidbits that I hadn't heard of before. I just have some spelling/word use corrections. I know I missed over some, I might catch them again later.

The rewards are special decorative armors, whose defense do not succeed Adamant.

Change succeed to "exceed".

Their arrows are much too powerful for a Magicians fine cloth (unless the magician is wearing Splitbark), and since leather (especially Dragonhide) is slightly magical, it resist spells.

Change resist to "resists". Subject-verb agreement ftw!

Good luck with your guide!

Nice guide! Had some interesting tidbits that I hadn't heard of before. I just have some spelling/word use corrections. I know I missed over some, I might catch them again later.

The rewards are special decorative armors, whose defense do not succeed Adamant.

Change succeed to "exceed".

Their arrows are much too powerful for a Magicians fine cloth (unless the magician is wearing Splitbark), and since leather (especially Dragonhide) is slightly magical, it resist spells.

Change resist to "resists". Subject-verb agreement ftw!

Good luck with your guide!

Actually, "succeed" can be used in the definition of surpass or go beyond.

And thanks for resists.

BTW: Can somebody make this image transparent?

2mgkrxc.png

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.