Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Potter

Complete Guide To Combat - 100%

Found another :wub:

Freeplayers: Level 21-40

Monster: Hill Giant (level-28)

Checkpoints: Switch to Maple Shortbow at level 30. Wear Green Dragonhide at level 40.

Make it:

Monster: Hill Giant (level-28), Minotaurs (level-27?)

Checkpoints: Switch to Maple Shortbow at level 30. Wear green Dragonhide at level 40. Make sure to use the wall for a safespot!

Edit: Another one! Am I on a roll or what?

Universal: Level 19-39

Monster: Lesser Demon

Spell: Curse

How about:

Monster: Lesser Demon, Monk of Zamorak

Edited by -Nacho Ninja-

under defense it says : If you want to increase your Defence, raise your Defence level, use the Defensive combat style, or increase your defensive stat with higher level armor.

try this instead:

If you want to raise your defense level, or just or want to increase your defense, use the Defensive combat style, or increase your defensive stat with higher level armor.

Found another :wub:

Monster: Hill Giant (level-28)

Checkpoints: Switch to Maple Shortbow at level 30. Wear Green Dragonhide at level 40.

Make it:

Monster: Hill Giant (level-28), Minotaurs (level-27?)

Checkpoints: Switch to Maple Shortbow at level 30. Wear green Dragonhide at level 40. Make sure to use the wall for a safespot!

Edit: Another one! Am I on a roll or what?

Monster: Lesser Demon

How about:

Monster: Lesser Demon, Monk of Zamorak

Thanks, it's all been fixed up. Glad to have some F2P'ers helping out.

Defence does affect magic defence, its 70% magic level, 30% defence

OK, thanks. I did not know that one. It just had a huge ? on it... are you positive about those figures?

under defense it says : If you want to increase your Defence, raise your Defence level, use the Defensive combat style, or increase your defensive stat with higher level armor.

try this instead:

If you want to raise your defense level, or just or want to increase your defense, use the Defensive combat style, or increase your defensive stat with higher level armor.

Well when I say Increase your Defence, I mean increase your chance of dodging a hit. Not your level, so I think it'll stay.

Freeplayer: Level 70 (75 Reccomended(sp?))-99

Monster: Ankou (level-75?)

Checkpoints: None really, these are pretty decent xp. If you use adamant or mithril arrows, you can get some of that money back from their drops.

try this instead:

Well when I say Increase your Defence, I mean increase your chance of dodging a hit. Not your level, so I think it'll stay.

well, maybe try putting OR instead of a comma, it just sounds better

Edited by hostile18

Hmmm... I think this is just what is in the combat guides smushed into one guide.

Looking good so far I guess...

~Vincent

Looks like that to me too. I like the guide

Well, that's kinda what it is. And it's easier just to look at one guide. Besides, a lot of Sal's current guides aren't up-to-date, or thorough.

Freeplayer: Level 70 (75 Reccomended(sp?))-99

Monster: Ankou (level-75?)

Checkpoints: None really, these are pretty decent xp. If you use adamant or mithril arrows, you can get some of that money back from their drops.

I assume you mean Range?

try this instead:

well, maybe try putting OR instead of a comma, it just sounds better

That won't be implemented.

A small little detail. Wizards guild is 66 to get in. :wub:

And, shouldn't there be an explanation on the amount of experience given to hp like there is for the other skills?

I just figured out, the guide needs a section for stealing creation.

Dont know if this is wrong but here

Corrupted Dragon

Statius' (Melee) Equipment

Vesta's (Melee) Equipment

Zuriel's (Magic) Equipment

Morrigan's (Range) Equipment

Should it be Statius's?

Edited by Chaoss

Corrupted Dragon

Should it be Statius's?

It's Statius', when somebody end with s, you put the "'" after the last letter.

ok, unless its like a persons name is smellys (his name includes the s) then it would be smellys's thats why i didnt know if my correction was right or wrong

A small little detail. Wizards guild is 66 to get in. :wub:

And, shouldn't there be an explanation on the amount of experience given to hp like there is for the other skills?

I'll fix those immediately.

I just figured out, the guide needs a section for stealing creation.

Perhaps, but I believe that Stealing Creation is more Skill than Combat. But I'll add one.

Corrupted Dragon

Should it be Statius's?

It's Statius', when somebody end with s, you put the "'" after the last letter.

I'll add that 's just to clear things up. It should be there.

EDIT: All of these have been fixed. I hope for this to be ready in about a week, unless there's something major I left out.

Edited by Sr H Potter

That is a great guide. I should try using it now. Then I'll own! :wub:

... and you will keep 3 if you die without being Skulled. To obtain a skull, enter the Abyss, the Bounty Hunter minigame or attack another play in a Player-vs Player world...

Did you mean "player"?

...These areas are signified with a [imgswords] symbol in the lower-right of your screen. Multi combat areas are areas where multiple monsters can attack you, or vice versa...

I can get an image of that sometime tomorrow if you want it...

I also suggest, under "PvP Minigames", make the Members Worlds in Red, or Blue. Green is hard to see in some skins.

A very nice guide looks like alot of effort had been put into it. Good luck with further guides.

... and you will keep 3 if you die without being Skulled. To obtain a skull, enter the Abyss, the Bounty Hunter minigame or attack another play in a Player-vs Player world...

Did you mean "player"?

...These areas are signified with a [imgswords] symbol in the lower-right of your screen. Multi combat areas are areas where multiple monsters can attack you, or vice versa...

I also suggest, under "PvP Minigames", make the Members Worlds in Red, or Blue. Green is hard to see in some skins.

Ah, I didn't know I had a missing image. I'd be glad if you could get one :wub:

And I've had requests to change that color. I guess I will.

Did you mean "player"?

Luckily, I was right next to an area like that. Saved me time.

Here it is:

2nqvf2c.gif

[IMG=http://i36.tinypic.com/2nqvf2c.gif]

Did you mean "player"?

Luckily, I was right next to an area like that. Saved me time.

Here it is:

2nqvf2c.gif

[IMG=http://i36.tinypic.com/2nqvf2c.gif]

Thanks, it'll be added within 4 minutes of this post ^_^

That pretty much wraps up this guide, I'll set it to 100% in 3 days if it isn't improved further.

very good sr h potter :wub:

just one more correction possibly...the first few things you see with the basics of combat, right under the links...you may want to put a space between the pictures and words more so they dont look like they are touching ^_^

Im seeing this mostly on the defense and HP pictures

EDIT: also you may want to click on them and look. Mabe space out those bolded words too? defense one also looks like there is no space

Edited by Chaoss

You may also want to add under melee training section, the Cockroach Soldier (level: 83), for free players.

Could be something like this.

Freeplayers: Level 69-99

Monsters: Cockroach Soldier(level: 83)

Checkpoints: Better drops than Lesser Demons and closer to a bank.

i am making a pvp guide so if i get up before you (unlikely) then out a link to that.

very long but very factual

very good sr h potter :wub:

just one more correction possibly...the first few things you see with the basics of combat, right under the links...you may want to put a space between the pictures and words more so they dont look like they are touching ^_^

Im seeing this mostly on the defense and HP pictures

EDIT: also you may want to click on them and look. Mabe space out those bolded words too? defense one also looks like there is no space

Well, I added a space between the text and images, I don't know what else to do.

You may also want to add under melee training section, the Cockroach Soldier (level: 83), for free players.

Could be something like this.

Freeplayers: Level 69-99

Monsters: Cockroach Soldier(level: 83)

Checkpoints: Better drops than Lesser Demons and closer to a bank.

I added that to the 69-99 Section. I also reverted the old (level-138) to (level: 138).

i am making a pvp guide so if i get up before you (unlikely) then out a link to that.

very long but very factual

Well, if it's still in production I'll assume that it's not going to be ready by the time this is read/over and (if we're lucky, and our hard work paid off) entered. If it is entered, I'll let Sal deal with it, when a prompt guide to PvP is submitted.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.