Complete Guide To Combat - 100%

omg its almost accepted!!! Hope Sal look @this soon :wub:

ok ,thought i'd add this in if u need it:

08-12-17192303.png

[IMG=http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/Luke199441/08-12-17192303.png]

EDIT: someone can transparency it if needed

Luke :wub:

Edited by Lukepwnage

This looks like a very nice guild, I would add a couple of links to other guides containing more information on some topics such as the combat triangle and special attacks.

ok dude, fix the code that I gave you, on the quide it just shows the words, I think you accidently erased a "["

This looks like a very nice guild, I would add a couple of links to other guides containing more information on some topics such as the combat triangle and special attacks.

I've gone through it with a pretty good comb, found most of the ones I could link it to. If you want to patch it up, provide the links I guess.

ok dude, fix the code that I gave you, on the quide it just shows the words, I think you accidently erased a "["

I found that. Thanks, it's been properly fixed.

There's a problem with the prayer's abilities section.

Hawk Eye - Level 26 - Increase your Range Accuracy by 10%

~

Eagle Eye - Level 44 - Increase your Range Accuracy by 15%

The above description is wrong. The ranged prayers give an invisible level boost of 10% and 15% respectively. So not only you can have better accuracy, you can also hit better. I've checked that already by using eagle eye to attack, and normal ranging.

77 ranged, +69 ranged bonus, iron arrows

Normal ranging: max is 10. With eagle eye: max is 11.

It DOES increase your level.

The same goes with magic, but unfortunately the boost does NOT allow you to use spells beyond your level. You can only do that with Wizard Mind Bombs and Magic pots.

Edited by Kuraudo Sutoraifu

You also forgot the spell - Bake Pie (level 65) in Magic section, part of Lunar magicks.

Other, good guide. >.<

Salamanders were added as Range/Magic weapons when the Hunter skill came into RuneScape. Salamanders are like Bows, they use ammunition, except they fire a magical attack. For each type of Salamander, there is a different type of Ammunition. The ammunition used is Swamp Tar mixed with an Herb.

They aren't just used in magic or ranged. When you switch the style being used its like switching weapons. For example using the flare (ranged) style will have an effect on the enemy similar to using ranged attacks. The same goes for blaze (magic) and scorch (slash/strength) styles. You gain experience in the respective styles when using these.

There are still some kinds of armor and weapons missing from the attack, strength, defence and ranged parts. Like that pvp equipment and clay items...

Add spiritual mages under Making money with combat, a slayer level is required and they have a semi-rare drop rate of Dragon Boots.

Edited by Don Florty

I haven't read the whole guide yet but I thought I'd point out, in the combat triangle section:

(unless the magician is wearing Splitbark),

Splitbark has 0 range defence.

You should also mention training with Slayer, a lot of your suggested training methods are very slow experience as well.

Edited by Josh

i'm acknowledged wrongly.

S H Potter you didnt respond to my PM :blink:

how about getting new screenies with the rearrangement buttons below...?

Edited by Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Thanks to everybody who's contributed recently.

I haven't been active the last few weeks, but I've just updated everything.

Thanks again to everybody, and let's keep this active and make it picture-perfect.

:blink: :( WB Sr H! nice updateing :o

Members: Level 61-75

Location: Combat Training Camp, Slayer Dungeon, Waterfall Dungeon

Monster: Ogres (level: 63), Turoth (level: 83), Fire Giants (level-86)

Checkpoints: Switch to black dragonhide at level 70. Use a Crystal Bow at level 75.

Members: Level 65-99

Monster: Yak (level: 22)

Checkpoints: Switch to black dragonhide at level 70. Use a Crystal Bow at level 75.

For the second part, did you mean for it to say "65-99"? It seems that you had covered up to level 75, so did you mean 75 onwards?

:blink:

So this is why I haven't seen you Post in ages :(

Looks to be an awesome Guide, will be a great help to anyone who needs some pointers with doing Combat :blink:

Good Job!

Wow, this is really great SHP... I really hope this gets on the site, not just because of the obvious toil you put into it, being the only writer, but also because it is a great guide. :blink:

Sorry for small bump, just wanted to give him some positive feedback :(

Edited by Falcon

Wow, really nice guide Sr H Potter, it looks excellent! It's packed with all sorts of useful and detailed information in here, and it definitely should be helpful to lots of people. It looks like you've covered just about everything there is to know - well done! :o

One small issue I noticed:

RuneScape has been set out so no one power overcomes the other. Neither Warriors nor Mages nor Rangers can have any certain advantage over the other two. One beats another, but is beaten by the other. In the case of combat, Warriors overpower Rangers, Rangers overpower Mages, Mages overpower Warriors. This is known as the Combat Triangle.

It seems like the first half of your paragraph contradicts the rest. Maybe a slight rephrasing to the first half would help clarify?:

There are three combat classes in RuneScape, including Warriors, Rangers, and Mages. Each combat class is strong against one class, while at the same time it is weak against the other.

You could also include the combat triangle image from the guide, if you want:

[img=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/images/combat_triangle.gif]

Great guide! :(

-Accepted- :blink:

:blink: Gratz Sr H!

This probably is the first longest guide on page one...other than the guy of his construction help guide. :(

GRATS ON ACCEPTANCE! :blink:

Edited by Cake

Just one thing;

... Camelot (For those who have completed the Knights Waves miniquest) ...

I'd rewrite that as "for those who choose to after completing the Knight's Waves miniquest".

and for Falador aswell.

Other than that, absolutely awesome job! :wub:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.