Sal's RuneScape Forum

Official Gears Thread

Forrest Jump

TGS  

7 members have voted

1. 1. So TGS is coming up and with ODST announced last year do you think Gears 3 will be shown?

• No, Jump you so crazy!
    • Of Course!
    • No, but Epics new game will be shown
    • Naa man, but new gears DLC will be shown off

banner.png

I'm surprised no one snatched this up yet! Anyways welcome to the official gears of war thread. I'll be updating this post regularly based on news and such. I'll also embed a countdown timer if someone can point me in the dirrection of one. This topic includes both gow and gow2 aswell as gow for vista. Happy foruming :wizard:

For a quick recap of the first game click the spoiler below. Thanks Scotsfan :ph34r:

Basically in the first game, Marcus gets rescued from prison by Dom. They need to get hold of a resonator, which will send out a pulse and map all of the underground Locust tunnels, which will allow them to put a bomb through them. The resonator fails, then they find a larger map of the Locust tunnels in Marcus' old mansion. They work there way into the basement, and jack into Marcus' dad's labratory.

They escape from the Brumak attack, and get ontop the train carrying the "Lightmass bomb" I think it was called (they needed the maps of the Locust tunnels to deploy it correctly). They get to the front, defeat General RAAM, then upload the data into the Lightmass bomb, and plunge the train into the Locust tunnels underneath Sera (the city you're fighting in). The bomb wrecks havoc around the Locust tunnels, and they fly away in a helicopter thinking it's all over.

When the camera zooms out, you see a figure on one of the flying things, with the voice of the Locust Queen telling you that the Locust will not stop fighting. Then it rolls to the credits.

Leaked Multiplayer Footage : http://www.gowfans.com/news.php?readmore=45

Were already starting some horde teams and maybe we can get a little league going to see who can get farther.

Sign up via a post, but only if your getting the game day one. You can't sign up until your guarenteed to get the game or you have the game.

BEAST MODE LIST:

Meftah- M3FT4H

Jump- Jump4816

Scotsfan- Scotsfan

We'll start dividing into teams in the future.

Start putting nominations for some gears weapons for a favorite weapon poll.

Edited by Jump

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically in the first game, Marcus gets rescued from prison by Dom. They need to get hold of a resonator, which will send out a pulse and map all of the underground Locust tunnels, which will allow them to put a bomb through them. The resonator fails, then they find a larger map of the Locust tunnels in Marcus' old mansion. They work there way into the basement, and jack into Marcus' dad's labratory.

They escape from the Brumak attack, and get ontop the train carrying the "Lightmass bomb" I think it was called (they needed the maps of the Locust tunnels to deploy it correctly). They get to the front, defeat General RAAM, then upload the data into the Lightmass bomb, and plunge the train into the Locust tunnels underneath Sera (the city you're fighting in). The bomb wrecks havoc around the Locust tunnels, and they fly away in a helicopter thinking it's all over.

When the camera zooms out, you see a figure on one of the flying things, with the voice of the Locust Queen telling you that the Locust will not stop fighting. Then it rolls to the credits.

I have a funny feeling that the Locust Queen might actually be:

Dom's long lost wife, Maria.

There ya have it. :wizard:

I don't want the Gold Lancer online, because it'll be way too popular. It was funny watching those gameplay videos, as the guy weas getting like chat invites and messages every ten seconds. :ph34r:

Add this to the first post:

http://www.gowfans.com/news.php?readmore=45

Edited by Scotsfan

Never played GOW, i might be getting GOW2 though... but the voices in multiplayer seem to be the kind that are really annoying.

"I can use this" Well duh...

"I can use this" You already said that you berk!

"Cheesy game winning thing" Oh for gods sake, *throws controller at TV*

Never played GOW, i might be getting GOW2 though... but the voices in multiplayer seem to be the kind that are really annoying.

"I can use this" Well duh...

"I can use this" You already said that you berk!

"Cheesy game winning thing" Oh for gods sake, *throws controller at TV*

Those were in the first one too. When you're playing, you don't notice it that much. There were a few times though where what the people said when they picked something up added to the conversation I was having with my friends. It was weird.

I think I'm mostly looking forward to the multiplayer. The campaign will be fun to play through the first few times, but the multiplayer looks amazing. I don't really know that much about Horde, even though it looks fun.

Whoops. I read that wrong. :huh:

I wanna try out this new single shot rifle. It looks awesome.

Is it like a sniper?

I'm pretty sure it replaced the hammerburst, only semi-automatic (so not a burst anymore...). Looks like it's a lot more powerful than the lancer, and has a similar clip

Probably because there was barely any reason to use the hammerburst in GOW, except for the fact that there was plenty of ammo for it in the campaign (which really wasn't even a problem.)

Gah! I don't know gow 1 weps. Compare them to rl guns :huh:

Original was burst fire, so like an M16A2. Now semi-autmoatic, like an AR-15.

Hopefully stopping power stops shotgun rollers.

Well, judging from the videos, using guns besides the shotgun and sniper can still be considered a 'pro' option, stopping power playing a big role. This is definitely a good thing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.