Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ravos

Ronin Closes.

Many others, including myself, did not think that closing down would be in Ronin's future. Many unhelpful factors have rose, many that in addition with the activity of all officials, cannot be rectified as we had the ability to back then. Many unnecessary arguments, conflicts; internal problems, are just out of reach to patch up and restore. Nonetheless, there needs to be a few things said before people try to mass-join our IRC and I hope some will read who we were and what we were about.

Ronin was originally opened during the beginning of last year's summer (about June I believe). Ronin was then closed after a month due to an internal issue, achieving only a spec of what the reborn Ronin would achieve. So many thought that we would only get to a point and then collapse - however, thoughts may never always be true.

Ronin was re-opened after I regained internet and came out of retirement at the exact date of December 9th, 2007. With the help of twelve friends or ex-members of the first Ronin, we were well on our way to carving a major mile-stone in the overall history of Ronin. Upon being born on Sal's, we entered the Sal's Tournament that Bolthead04 had held for us and pulled 25 people to our first ever full out war. Upon this great re-opening, would come many more spectactular months for us. Surpassing many of our rivals, hell, lasting longer than them, we were predicted to not last longer than the beginning of Summer. Without passing an eye over any possible clan issues, we were ready for a slump to occur (the original two that happened one after the other), but were also ready to prove our own strength - mentality-wise. With many bumps along our way to restoration, we were successfully reforming ourselves to a new, more healthier and stronger Ronin. Everything seemed to be going smoothly, until this year of school year came about.

Soon enough, a flood of inactive topics from officials and members alike, poured onto the forums. The inactivity from everyone in Ronin was not despairing, but primarily with the officials being all busy with college, football, or just school, this took a beating on the overall atmosphere and our event rate. The very same problem that hurts most clan, has rose too high for us right now and without many people to take a definite role of an official, we cannot bare to see this clan decay from inside out. With a discussion being held on what to do with Ronin, six out of nine officials have decided that it is time to disband peacefully, without people being withheld from enjoying the clan world in a more suitable home.

That was for you guys, the readers and spectators, to read. The following is primarily towards Ronin members.

I apologize to many of you, especially Chugens (Trial Members in other words), to have to see and witness Ronin being closed while not having much time to be involved with us. I apologize to many others who have done so much for Ronin, even whilst having such a busy schedule. I've had an amazing time in Ronin, and I am sure many others have too. Take pride in what we have accomplished in such a timely manner, almost a year in fact. Take the experience you have learned in Ronin, and apply it to the future clans you will reside in. And for those of you veterans who stuck it out for Ronin - I hope you all will stay in contact and remember this clan for all of its good times. Although many of us have had turmoil with either each other or with Ronin itself, just remember that we were not one of those toy clans, one of those clans that would not ever reach something immense. Because, with the combined help of both newcomers to clanning and veteran clanners, we have made this clan's history into one hell of an amazing one.

I will be retiring up until next month, or even further on, until I feel ready to return to clanning. I wish everyone well with everything both IRL and IRS, and especially hope that you guys find a suitable home for your enjoyments. We have accomplished many things together, and for the final note, we have now closed and disbanded together.

R.I.P Ronin - October 20th, 2008.

- Marco

Edited by Rurouni_Kenshin

I was hacked in the last few days of Ronin closing so I couldn't have done much to help the clan, although I enjoyed being an Application Manager of Ronin and a part of Ronin for over 8 months. From day one Ronin has been an amazing clan and from day one we have looked towards every single challenge we've had and dove at it. We were always able to do everything no matter how big the obstacle was in our way. Well, that's not the case anymore. This obstacle is too much, it's too big, to overcome. No matter what, Ronin was an amazing clan and I am and will always be proud to have been a part of Ronin. It was a hell of a run. R.I.P Ronin.

Edited by Ryan

Sorry to hear you guys go. Many clans have had the issue of school starting over. Look at RD, we dropped down to 40 members due to that. But there are two types of clans. The ones who have the power, strength and determination to continue on threw harsh times, and clans who can't.

I have to say I've enjoyed every fight we've had with you and every single one was as fun as the other with each clan having their share of wins over the other.

I wish your members the best of luck where ever they go.

R.I.P

Even thought me and Ronin haven't always had the best of relationships I'm proud to of been one of the founding members and to of helped it reach the high points in which it peaked at; I knew this was coming but I wish it didn't have to.

Btw Ronin Re-opened December 9th not December 7th.

Edited by Emolicious

I never thought I would see ronin close, you guys seemed like a strong clan. I didnt know any of you very well, but none the less any clan that closes puts a dent in the sals clan community. I know that to most a clan closing other then their own is no big deal to them. But I know how some of you must feel, probably like losing a piece of you - but dont get to down, there are other clans out there that you can join and take pride in.

R.I.P Ronin - And gl finding new clans.

Guest Kody M Ade

bye ronin, i will miss you guys <3 but dont blame you for closing.

R.I.P Loved the rivalry between us back in EO sad to see that both our clans ended up closing :huh: Good luck to all ex-members in finding a new home hope you find a good one ^^

Wow this sucks to see you go Ronin. You may not no this but I really liked you guys. I have known most of you for a good amount of time and when the first Eclipse was open we had a cool relationship. You were the last clan I really liked on runescape so this sucks to see you go. I was really hoping to have some fun rival wars between Ronin and E again but seems we can't now. R.I.P Ronin :huh:.

Edited by Vusasaki

RIP Ronin i had a fun 6 months in ronin i will be missing all of you even though i retired in the beg of summer i will still miss you

now i have no reason to come back onto sals/rsc goodbye all

RIP Ronin i was Ronin before,it was during its superior time.its harsh to see you guys close knowing youd go farther with PvP world,but i guess thats not happening.RIP Ronin good roll,gl to all members in rl and finding a clan.

RIP Ronin. You guys opened just a little bit after the first Eclipse did, and dominated us from that point on. You guys grew so fast it was hard to keep track of. I thought after your first slump, nothing could take you down, but I guess this was the final blow. I would have probably ended up joining you guys if we didn't decide to remake Eclipse. Lastly, I wish luck to all ex-members of Ronin. =( RIP GUYS. <3

Heard about this a couple days ago, its a shame.

I was one of those who expected you to die out quickly, but you guys did well.

Was fun having a nice rivalry with you, kept rs exciting for awhile longer.

Edited by Quail_Man7

saw this coming

goodbye ronin

Speaking of which, where has Adrenaline been lately :huh:

But on topic now.

Been in a few great fights with Ronin and even joined at one point.

Honestly a great clan with great members and it's sad to see it close.

<3 Ronin, R.I.P

Edited by The_Halo