Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Temb

Assisted Suicide

Do you think it should be legal?Is it right or wrong?etc.

I've been interested in this topic for awhile so I want to know what you think about it. I won't say what my stance is until some other people post :huh: .

~Paramore :huh:

Edited by Paramore

Do you think it should be legal?Is it right or wrong?etc.

I've been interested in this topic for awhile so I want to know what you think about it. I won't say what my stance is until some other people post :huh: .

~Paramore :huh:

Legalise it completely. If people want to die, and can't do it alone, then it's fair. The problem is, alot of murderers could simply say "oh i was assisting (V) to commit suicide".

But yes, legalise it. That way, people will be able to help their loved one's to die. (Common situation, a loved one is fully disabled, wishes to die, the law says that's a crime).

And...look on the brightside. By legalising another way of killing, population control! Keeps those who wish to die happy, and it keeps the government happy.

(Note: The last sentence was a joke :xd:)

~Hutton~

I think it should be legalised, but in specific circumstances. I heard about these "suicide clinics" and I think they should be the only places allowed, after receiving a licence etc.

The "patients" would obviously have to prove that they do want this to go ahead, and they aren't being tricked into this, and that the clinics aren't lying.

But I wonder what it would be like working at a "suicide clinic", your job being to help people die...

Legalize assisted suicide with strict guidelines and a way of knowing that they didn't just bump the person off. Although, it is probably better off for the government if it wasn't legalized. A lot of money would have to go into something that dangerous to human life.

Legalise it completely. If people want to die, and can't do it alone, then it's fair.
They aren't ready to die if they can't do it themselves, unless the are physically unable to commit to the act.

Legalize assisted suicide with strict guidelines and a way of knowing that they didn't just bump the person off. Although, it is probably better off for the government if it wasn't legalized. A lot of money would have to go into something that dangerous to human life.

Legalise it completely. If people want to die, and can't do it alone, then it's fair.
They aren't ready to die if they can't do it themselves, unless the are physically unable to commit to the act.

Thats what i meant.

Assisted suicide is the most oxymoronic/ironic statement I have ever heard.

Maybe you don't understand what I meant by it then. :wub:

I don't mean as in help someone shoot themselves because they are depressed,I mean like people who are disabled and can't physically commit suicide but are suffering and going to die soon most likely anyways. You have never heard of Jack Kevorkian?(he's a doctor that helped terminally ill people pass on through euthanasia)

Edited by Paramore

Assisted suicide is the most oxymoronic/ironic statement I have ever heard.

Maybe you don't understand what I meant by it then. :wub:

I don't mean as in help someone shoot themselves,I mean like people who are disabled and can't physically commit suicide but are miserable and going to die soon most likely anyways. You have never heard of Jack Kevorkian(he's a doctor that helped terminally ill people pass on through euthanasia)?

That's more of a matter of your living will. If you want to die, and can't be dissuaded, die then. Up to you.

I support it medically. If somone has something and is going to die no matter what happens and will suffer extreme pain before death then we shouldn't keep them alive against their own will.

That said some emo 16 year old shouldn't get that chance. :wub:

As long as it is controlled I think its fine. Require a person or the person's immediate family to sign off on it and I'm all for it.

I think that it should be legalised for people who are in a lot of pain

and don't stand a chance of being cured.

~MarksY>

I've always thought it odd that when we put our old/injured pets to sleep it's "a kindness", but when we put old/injured people to sleep it's a crime.

It's maddening to watch a relative die slowly, becoming more scared and pained each day.

Edited by zellychan

Yeah, when assisted medically, euthanasia is ok. Doctors should confirm first that a person truly has no/little chance of surviving, and the person must sign an easy-to-understand form. The actual situation itself is important. Assisted suicide should be used only when the person is suffering great pain, such as an incurable cancer.

Guest Emanick
Well, it's my only chance. I can't do it by myself.

Wait, what?

Please tell me you're not considering it. :wub: Life can't be that bad, and it always has a chance to get better.

Edited by Emanick

Yeah, when assisted medically, euthanasia is ok. Doctors should confirm first that a person truly has no/little chance of surviving, and the person must sign an easy-to-understand form. The actual situation itself is important. Assisted suicide should be used only when the person is suffering great pain, such as an incurable cancer.

Agreed, and it should be that you can help, if there incapable of doing it them selves, unless certain circumstanses like above incurable cancer. But it shouldn't be like if some kid comes up to you, his life is messed up and he wants you to help him, because if he can't do it himself, with out any physical dissabilty, you can tell he isn't ready to die.

I do think that this should be legal, but you have to have the consent of the person and perhaps their loving family members.

Although in some cases that people say it is necessary, I disagree.

Green~

Guest Emanick
i guess it should be legal. but its always that thought of killing someone with a gun that would haunt me

Shooting someone who has not been convicted of a capital offense should never be legal.

I only support euthanasia, and that in very restricted circumstances when the person is in excruciating pain and has very little chance of recovering. Nobody ought to be able to kill themselves without an extremely good reason, and if assisted suicide was legalized, it would inevitably lead to a handful of cases where a murderer could get off on a technicality.

If they want to kill themselves, let them kill themselves. If you're a friend or family member, then you can send them to therapy or something but at least make it legal.

A video shown a while ago really got me thinking.

It was of a 30 year old women, with no chance of survival living in constant pain, pleading to Kevin Rudd(the Australian Prime Minister) to allow her to die of assisted means.

Anyway the line that caught my attention was:

I've lost the will to live and now they have taken away my right to die

Guest Emanick

It was of a 30 year old women, with no chance of survival living in constant pain, pleading to Kevin Rudd(the Australian Prime Minister) to allow her to die of assisted means.

But honestly, who does have the right to die?

I don't know how I stand on that. But that line is not a defining point for me.

But honestly, who does have the right to die?

I don't know how I stand on that. But that line is not a defining point for me.

Everyone has the right to die.

The government can't control every aspect of our life, and they shouldn't say whether a person can't die.

Assisted suicide (by law) is considered Manslaughter in the 1st degree. It is stupid, and if you know someone who is going to commit suicide, instead of helping them commit suicide, get them help. If you want to kill yourself then you should get help. You shouldn't say "Hey, would you mind helping me kill myself?"

This will NEVER be legalized, as it is basically, manslaughter. It is also a way for murderer's to say "Well, they wanted to jump, so I just gave them a realaxant and gave them a little encouragment :wub:

~Vincent