Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
little boy 1100

Aviansies Tanking Guide For Beginners

This guide is one of the best I've seen! It laid EVERYTHING out in specific detail, and even gave hints towards the recommended course of action! In the past two days, I've gotten over 140 adamantite bars, 105k from high alch, and a level 3 clue scroll! :wub: This is definitely more fun than fishing. Thanks a lot!

P.S. If you all get bored doing this, then just join the Sal's clan chat. It's a lifesaver!

I disagree with your equipment. With anything above 70 defence you don't need those ranging defence.

Instead of the barrows helm, get a ranger helmet or a saradomin/zamorak coif.

Instead of the shield bring a saradomin/zamorak god book.

And it really helps to have a picture that shows the best outfit, although you say in the text that you would replace the cape with an Accumulator, people skimming the guide will not notice that.

It's actually better to get as high as you can ranging bonus, then a good defence bonus since it maxes out your profits.

~Razorlike

Edited by Razorlike

My Name: Little Boy 1100

Original Guide by: Nonickname (his guide is good but this is an addition to his)

Spacial Thanks to: nonickname,James R., Sean J., Kirk M.,Genious,Mano,jokerrulez,light,colorshade,thunderclaw,Thomas The Tank,Obeliskos,Jamario Moon,woration.

It should be Special.

I know that when God Wars Dungeon Guide came out, it also contained Avainsies guide, but equipment and information shown there is you pressed enter here

not for people who want to go there for the first time. So I made this guide for lower level people who are about to go there for their first time. Let’s start.

Close up that space.

Good Luck on Aviansies Hunting!

You made it plural, should be, Aviansie Hunting

Just checkin though the guide, good job on it ^_^

Luke :wub:

Original Guide by: Nonickname (his guide is good but this is an addition to his)

Spacial Thanks to: nonickname,James R., Sean J., Kirk M.,Genious,Mano,jokerrulez,light,colorshade,thunderclaw,Thomas The Tank,Obeliskos,Jamario Moon,woration.

It should be Special.

I know that when God Wars Dungeon Guide came out, it also contained Avainsies guide, but equipment and information shown there is you pressed enter here

not for people who want to go there for the first time. So I made this guide for lower level people who are about to go there for their first time. Let’s start.

Close up that space.

Good Luck on Aviansies Hunting!

You made it plural, should be, Aviansie Hunting

Just checkin though the guide, good job on it ^_^

Luke :wub:

thanks ill fix it, im working on imagis even thoguht i didnt play for like a week but im back

I dont know but it seems with bracers ect they can be replaced with zammy bracers and sara top i dont know but doesnt this work out cheaper and mith arrows with bow/addy darts can work im not sure im going to try it out , i think it would be quicker and faster for higher levels, also you could add full void in equipment for people with high defence seen people hitting 31+ with cbow mith bolts there.

Good guide very well written

I dont know but it seems with bracers ect they can be replaced with zammy bracers and sara top i dont know but doesnt this work out cheaper and mith arrows with bow/addy darts can work im not sure im going to try it out , i think it would be quicker and faster for higher levels, also you could add full void in equipment for people with high defence seen people hitting 31+ with cbow mith bolts there.

Good guide very well written

It's because they are higher ranged lvl. Sara top and zammy bracers are fine too but like i said yuo pick your own equip those are just suggestions. In my opinion broad bolts are the best.

Im making this guide complete!

Recommended and needed fro this way

Do you mean for?

~Magical

Aviansies are at the south part of the dungeon, after you walk in, walk to the south. There will be aviansies lvls 68+. You can start killing here (The red circle closest to entrance) if you’re the lower lvl.

this doesn't makes sence "if you are the lower level"

it should be if you are a lower lvl than recomended or somthing

I put contributors from the main web on the spaciel thanks list, if they are not sopose to be there please delete them. Now i was thinking on how to make this guide an addition to nonicknames so i decided to make it saparate but link on the GWD guide, but sal its for you to decide. Also before you decline it, i saw 3 people who thanked me on this forum for this guide (not in this thread) please concider that. Now heres my guide:

Aviansies Tanking Guide for Beginners

Special Thanks to: Nonickname,James R., Sean J., Kirk M.,Genious,Mano,jokerrulez,light,colorshade,thunderclaw,Thomas The Tank,Obeliskos,Jamario Moon,woration,Lukepwnage,Ice,Magical.

untitled-3.png

I know that when God Wars Dungeon Guide came out, it also contained Avainsies guide, but equipment and information shown there is not for people who want to go there for the first time. So I made this guide for lower level people who are about to go there for their first time. Let’s start.

What are Aviansies?

Aviansies are monsters that could be found in God Wars Dungeon and are Armadyl's followers. People kill them for Armadyl kill count which will let them fight with the Armadyl boss. People also kill them because they are great source of income and good range/hitpoints xp. They are aggressive toward you if you don’t wear an Armadyl item (more on it later)

Getting Ready to Fight

So if you decided that you want to fight these monsters, it's time to get ready!

Don’t forget to complete Troll Stronghold Quest or you can’t go to the dungeon.

Lvls: At least 60 Range or 70 which is Highly reccomended

60 Strength or 60 Agility – to get past the boulder/crack - Required

70 Defence - Highly reccomended

43+ Prayer if using way from Buthorpe - Needed for this way

61 Mage for Trollheim Teleport (Eadgar’s Ruse Quest needed)- Recommended and needed for this way

Equipment

equipment-6.png

This is recommended equipment. Each person picks his/hers own, really. The only thing that is important to know, is to keep your ranged attack bonus and ranged defence bonus around those numbers (circled in red in the picture).

Don’t forget climbing boots, you need to climb rocks on your way to the dungeon.

Ring of Wealth – on your first trip its better to bring Ring of Life just in case, but Ring of Wealth really makes a difference.

Armadyl Pendant- If you don’t know what it is than it’s that necklace around my neck; it’s not Pendant of Lucian! You will need this if you’re not wearing anything else from Armadyl. If you don’t have this, Aviansies will own you because they will be aggressive toward you! To get it you have to complete Temple of Ikov Quest. If you choose a good way you should already have it, if you choose a bad way, go back to the room where you get the staff and kill “Guardians of Armadyl” until they drop one (Pendent), this is also what you do if you lost yours and chose the good way.

Ava's Accumulator- You can replace it with a god cape for protection from certain gods followers but this is reccomended because it can pick up your bolts.

Saradomin Braces- Not needed but highly recommended because sometimes saradomin follower may attack you, better be safe, than sorry. The slot could be replaced with black vambraces and you could wear another saradomin item like chaps or d’hide. You could also replace these braces with Zammorak once, but you need sara d'hide top.

Bolts- Broad Bolts work the best for me; they are cheaper and better than mithril and sometimes better than adamant. Only problem you need 55 slayer. If you don’t have it use adamant bolts. You will make your money back!

Guthan Helm – Could be replaced with torag helm.

Torag Legs- If you wish to have less ranged defence and more ranged attack this might be replaces with black d hide chaps but most people pick this for eating less food.

Helm/D Hide/Chaps - Higher lvls replace is with armadyl armour, that gives you an advantage of wearing different kind of ammy and have bigger range attack stats, when you pick this kind of equipment you should check again if you still have zammorak and saradomin item equiped. You could use the holy/unholy book and zammorak/saradomin braces but that gives even less range defence, this kind of equipment is for higher lvls.

Zamorak D Hide - This is very expansive for people with little amount of money but this will give you good stats with protection from zamorak followers. You could replace it with Saradomin D'Hide, but you will need zammorak braces (unless you use your own combo).

Summery - you can pick your own equipment but things like accumulator is highly reccomended to have in any setup. You need every gods item equiped except bandos since you wont go near them

Inventory

inventory-2.png

NOTE: If its your first time bring a rope.

Food- Other food like sharks also works fine but since you dont get in extreme situations at aviansies, pineapple pizza is the cheapest because it heal 22 life in 2 bites for only 500-600gp.

Coins- I always bring couple of them because you will use that spot for coins anyways, doesnt make any difference if you bring coins there or not. If you decide not to take any leave that spot blank.

Bones to Peaches Tabs - More on them later, but that’s what you need if you don’t want to bank and earn more money faster. I thought that guthan would work better for healing but trust me bones to peaches is what you need!

High Alching- You will need these if you want to spend the most time without banking. You could replace the lava staff i have with fire runes.

Mithril Grapple- Not needed but is recommended it if you’re not scared of bigger lvl aviansies and if you have 70+ range.

Getting There

gwdmap2.png

After you move the boulder/climb throught the crack your running energy will drain and your stats will slowly be draining. Put protect from melee on and walk fast to the dungeon. If it’s your first time, quickly speak with dieing soldier near the dungeon and use your rope on the hole. GO INSIDE!

Inside the Dungeon

gwdmap1-1.png

(Thanks a lot to nonickname for this map)

Aviansies are at the south part of the dungeon, after you walk in, walk to the south. There will be aviansies lvls 68+. You can start killing here (The red circle closest to entrance) if you’re the lower lvl.

The black rectangle on the map is where you need to grapple pillar if you want to enter the higher lvl aviansies.

There are lvls 73+ in here and there are more higher lvls aviansies. Almost no people here, always space for you. Pick one of the areas (red circle) you like the most, and run around killing the aviansies. It’s better to pick just one area than run around the whole dungeon.

More on killing them

There is nothing special to know about killing them. The only important thing is never to let yourself have 11 life or less because 11 is their max hit. They also drop bones. If you loose 20 life (example: your hp is 80, and you have 58 or less live) eat a pizza/shark and replace it with a bone they drop. You will never have to heal more then once per kill. If you heal right away when you loose life and when you have that kind of defence bonus, it will be almost imposible for you to die.

After you have no pizza/shark left and full inventory of bones use bones to peaches tab. One tab turns all bones into peaches.

untitled-5.png

It may sound like peaches is a food for noobs, but one peach gives 8 life which is enough for 1 aviansies kill.

Also notice that I have 4 law runes and 105 airs I didn’t have before. They will drop them, and I recommend to pick them up to get a varrock teleport you will use when you’re done and ready to leave. That way you get faster to Grand Exchange.

Rewards

They have a lot of good once but here are the once you want:

opwz8j.png - Rune limbs – sold to Grand Exchange or High Alched for 9600gp, rare drop

f9ehhx.png - Rune dagger(p+) – High Alched for 4800gp

107w9y9.gif - Adamant bar noted (4) – This is the main source of income, they drop them often and 4 at a time. It’s not rare at all. And it’s noted which lets you spend more time without banking. Price at GE - 2,302gp(December 14,2008) To check for current price click here

2agj8et.png - They drop 5 swordfish sometimes (not noted), it’s a rare drop. If you get it replace all the bones with this fish.

untitledss-1.png - Lvl 3 Clue Scrolls, value is unknown untill you solve it. Great way of relaxing from aviansies and maybe earning some cash.

There are other drops like chaos,blood,water runes, some nice herbs, and some other small/unimportent items. It’s your choice if you want to pick them up but they are not that popular to get at aviansies.

Interesting Facts

One of the best places to train range.

One of the best monsters to earn money at in whole RuneScape.

After dividing amount of money earned by amount of kills it ends up being 3k per aviansie, unless your unlucky or don't use ring of wealth.

Also if you’re not sure about this, I’m telling you, this is as good as it sounds, don’t believe me? Just do one trip.

You will get really bored, really fast, that is bad in one way and good in another. Bad because you’re bored( nothing here please), and good because you realize that these monsters are easy.

This is tank guide, I've never used prayer so I don’t know if its better or worse, I know that it has to be faster and it has to be less cash.

People make 400k a trip by using prayer, after that they have to bank because of the prayer potions being used up. Thats is a big disadventage, but still good if you can't tank.

Just a reminder, you cant melee them and mage is to expensive, so range is the best choice.

Good Luck on Aviansie Hunting!

Just a few minor flaws in red, please fix grammar and re-post. :wizard:

By the way, I didn't put all the flaws, put a link or something about Edgar's ruse and teleporting to Trollheim.

Your savour~~RCK

Edited by Runecrafting King

I made over 1 mil a trip banking- 1 mil profit, after the cost of the p pots.

remember range pots. I am 78 range and still use them, they easily make up for the 5k for 3 price.

Bring def pots or excalibur, save you alot of food and the risk of running out of food before you get enough bones.

Ring of wealth only works for rare drops, which addy bars and rune daggers are not. ROL or archers ring are better options.

At least 60? You need 70 Ranged to get inside the Armadyl part of the dungeon >.<

People make 400k a trip by using prayer, after that they have to bank because of the prayer potions being used up. Thats is a big disadventage, but still good if you can't tank.

Just a reminder, you cant melee them and mage is to expansive, so range is the best choice

Shouldn't it be too?

~Magical

Just a reminder, you cant melee them and mage is to expansive, so range is the best choice.

Should be expensive.

Great guide though, really helped me. Hope it gets added.

You should get pictures of the anvansie spots to make it clear where they are. It would serve as a visual reference to each area, so the reader knows that he/she is in the right spot.

~Vincent

At least 60? You need 70 Ranged to get inside the Armadyl part of the dungeon >.<

yea 60 is enought, u dotn need to get into armadyl side and 60 is good but 61 is better for c bow

Veni vidi vici i dont really understand, I think my map explains a lot, and aviansies are everywhere at that part so it's not that hard to find them.If I dont not understand you please specificly give me the info i should put in, because really i dont know what exactly it needs.

Thanks to runecrafting king and 69corvette

QUICK QUESTION: should i take away the part with prayer trip compared to tank, i see that my info could be wrong and this guide has nothing to do with praying.

Edited by little boy 1100

There is nothing special to know about killing them. The only important thing is never to let yourself have 11 life or less because 11 is their max hit. They also drop bones. If you loose 20 life (example: your hp is 80, and you have 58 or less live) eat a pizza/shark and replace it with a bone they drop. You will never have to heal more then once per kill. If you heal right away when you loose life and when you have that kind of defence bonus, it will be almost imposible for you to die.

Idk, I think that should be "lose"? Unless you're releasing health >.<

Idk, I think that should be "lose"? Unless you're releasing health >.<

Thanks, my post had been edited and you've been included to credit list.

I think what veni vidi vici meant is that you should include screenshots of the red circles you showed on the map, ingame. That way they know that theyre in the right place if theyve never been before. Remember, world map doesnt show dungeons.

~kugel

yes i know, i dotn understand what worldmap has to do with what you said but i might get pics of inside the dungeon,im not sure if i will since i dotn have money for a trip yet, i dont play that much, only for fun and to check new updaes so ill see

Is the guide 100% done or not? You're constantly receiving corrections, but the topic description says it's 100% done.

Great guide, but the Aviansies aren't so effective and good money-makers.. Now you don't get good drops so often as you did before, the place is crowded like hell with devils and it's not that good.. >.<

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.