Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Neo Avatars

Q&as, Charity Auctions And A Runescape 2009 Calendar!

A few things to update you on this week – first of which is our Question and Answer session with Tom Church, author of the first ever RuneScape novel, Betrayal at Falador. Head to this forum thread now, to ask any question you like (while sticking to the forum rules, of course!), and in two week’s time we will post Tom’s responses to his favourites.

In other book-related news, we are currently auctioning ten signed novels (one per week) for charity. Each copy is numbered and signed by author TS Church, RuneScape creator Andrew Gower, cover-artist Giuseppe Grassi, Lead Game Designer Mark Ogilvie, and Jagex CEO Geoff Iddison.

All proceeds from this auction go directly to our chosen charity: The Internet Watch Foundation. The IWF aim to minimise the availability of potentially illegal internet content, so get involved and bid for your copy here. We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has already been involved with the auction, and congratulations to the successful bidders so far! Please ensure that all bids are genuine – this is a charity listing, after all, and we want to raise as much money and awareness as possible for such a great cause.

Lastly, but certainly not least, we have just released the first official RuneScape calendar in the Jagex store! This 2009 calendar features some familiar faces from Gielinor, as well as some never-before-seen concept art. Get yours today by clicking here. Also, be sure to keep a keen eye on the Jagex Store over the next week or two, as we have some fantastic offers planned for the Christmas period. There might even be a dragon-themed item of clothing on the way...

I'll also take this chance to quote something from the RSOF (QFC 73-74-179-57899147)...

Hi everybody!

We have some fantastic news to share with you!

RuneScape features in a brand new charity MMO Calendar

Each year MMOCalendar.com produce a calendar with exclusive artwork from the world’s most popular MMORPG’s, including RuneScape!

100% of the proceeds of the sale of MMO Calendar go directly to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in America.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases.

If you would like to purchase a copy of the calendar visit www.mmocalendar.com, please note that this site is not owned or operated by Jagex.

(Please note that the item is not available through the Jagex Store. It is only available from the mmocalendar website.)

We thank you in advance for your support to this worthwhile cause.

Kind regards,
The Jagex Team

COOL FIRST POST REPLY

i might buy CALENDAR DUNNO MAYBE

Edited by adlo619

Guest Emanick

That's freaking awesome. I wish I could afford to seriously bid on the auction, but I'll certainly be buying that calendar. :wub:

Lastly, but certainly not least, we have just released the first official RuneScape calendar

Stopped reading there.

Edited by Obeliskos

There might even be a dragon-themed item of clothing on the way...

Could that be a Dragon Platebody coming...?!

Anyway, looks good news! ^_^

~Cake :wub:

I gotta say, its nice to know that Jagex is helpin charities. Idk if i'll ever get the calandar, but it's stiff pretty cool.

wish the jagex shop had sum pics on inside the calandar if any1 has sum can you post them and nice find Spleen Cake i hope it is dragon pl8 :wub:

alot of chairty stuff then?

and a new calander? whats next a jagex frisby?

That would be SWEET.

sorry to dissapoint but thats not ingame. this posty on the webiste is all about non-ingame

Well... Some pictures of the calendar would be nice.

Expensive- yes

Overpriced- yes

Cool- possibly :wub:

Anyway, looks good news! ^_^

~Cake :wub:

Clothing...

Not armor lol

i really dont see the need for a calendar about mmorpgs... the only reason i would relatively think about buying it is because the money goes to charity... but the other stuff sounds okay the clothing part i dont think is in game i think its more like t shirts that would get you beat up in high school. :wub:

if anything i think its a waste of budgets to be making t shirts and stuff like that because if they have it set so only 13 year olds can play they are mostly in 7th or 8th grade so i doubt theres a ton of high schools that is such big fans of jagex that they would wear it for anything other than sleeping clothes.

On the good side Jagex is giving the money to charities but they could do it in a more productive way by using some of the membership money that they have for stuff other than calendars and books because im pretty sure they made to many copies of the book so now they are having the author sign it so it would sell again to those that bought one earlier so still its good that they are donating to charity but the need to do it in a more productive way. ^_^

Anyway, looks good news! :D

~Cake ^_^

Clothing...

Not armor lol

Clothing is part of Armor. :wub:

~Cake :)

Yes I am gonan buy the calendar and I think they are going to make a jagex chair zomg think of rs sitting :wub:

Edited by Darkshatter

Yes I am gonan buy the calendar and I think they are going to make a jagex chair zomg think of rs sitting :)
THAT WOULD BE AWSOME!!!!!! Sitting on your but and owning ppl in a runescape chair!!!!! ;) :) :D :s :wub: ^_^

catrat666.png

Edited by catrat666

I went to ebay to look at the auction last night--the signed book was up to 310 euros. I wonder how high the price can go.

I went to ebay to look at the auction last night--the signed book was up to 310 euros. I wonder how high the price can go.

omg they can 1 got as high as 560 euros!!good money for charity! :) :s :) ;) ^_^ :D :wub:catrat666.png

~cat~