Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
djpailo

Suicide - Heaven Or Hell?

How is Hitler's status as a Christian (or whatever religion/lack of a religion he believed in) relevant to the argument at all?*

Unless you're in some weird branch of Christianity I know nothing about, Heaven is not a democracy. Just because you think that someone does not deserve to be in Heaven, it doesn't mean that he's not going to go there if God knows that he deserves to be there.

Sleepy thinks that suicided people go to heaven too. That's heaven with a lowercase h. Because they wanted to be dead. And then they are. And then they're dead so they can't feel bad anymore. Sounds like heaven to her.

I think whether you say heaven or hell depends on your religion and how you feel about God.

Could we just do what I said in my first post, rather than getting into a Heaven/Hell argument, again!

You can't discuss whether you're going to go to Heaven or Hell if you commit suicide if you don't believe in either.

Then get out and go away.

Your post doesn't make sense.

I think whether you say heaven or hell depends on your religion and how you feel about God.

Could we just do what I said in my first post, rather than getting into a Heaven/Hell argument, again!

You can't discuss whether you're going to go to Heaven or Hell if you commit suicide if you don't believe in either.

This thread is if suicide is a sin bound for heaven or hell, not wheather they exist or not. I can point out 3 debates on this the first page of the debate room alone that discuss if they exist or not.

Is it just me or are there 500 threads doing with hell?

Anyway, hell is a zealotry born of a fear of death. Which needs to be cast aside. Be satisfied with 1 damn life.

Edited by Zachorayi

This thread is if suicide is a sin bound for heaven or hell, not wheather they exist or not. I can point out 3 debates on this the first page of the debate room alone that discuss if they exist or not.

But if neither exist how can suicide get you to go to either? So the answer could still be neither, so unless you discuss whether they exist or not you have to say Heaven or Hell or neither, not just Heaven or Hell.

But if neither exist how can suicide get you to go to either? So the answer could still be neither, so unless you discuss whether they exist or not you have to say Heaven or Hell or neither, not just Heaven or Hell.

The title says heaven or hell, not neither, if you want to make this like every other hell thread, you can try, but you really shouldn't, if you don't believe in either or can only offer atheistic answers, then this thread isn't for you.

Well, according to the bible you commit suicide and you go to hell... Theres no other way to interpret that, as much as some would love to argue over it.

There is only one thing that condemns a person to hell and that is blaspheming the Holy Spirit as the Bible puts it, simple put it means if you never accept that God can save you and ask Him for salvation than you are condemned. Thus, if you were saved before committing suicide than you are going to heaven, if you were not saved before killing yourself than you are going to hell. Very straightforward. I personally believe that even if you kill yourself will the purpose in mind to go to hell (I assume that no one would actually do this though...) but you are saved than you are going to heaven. Nothing can stop God from saving you once you've accepted salvation.

I'm an atheist; so I don't believe heaven or hell exsist.

But in theory, I think someone would only go to hell if he did thinking "Z0mg ima killerz meself just to go to haeven quiker."

I don't think you'd be condemned if you had a miserable life and you were depressed.

Guest Emanick

Sins are immaterial when it comes to being saved or not. It's shocking how many Christians in this thread seem to think one sin, however bad, can land you in Hell. It's part of your religion, why throw away the most hopeful part of it?

Zach, hell has nothing to do with a fear of death. Nobody invented hell because they were afraid of nothingness, deal with it. There may be other conspiratorial and/or psychological motives for devising a fictional world, but not being able to live without misery and pain isn't the top subject for wishful thinking among the average person.

Now Heaven, I could see your reasoning there. But unfortunately for debaters who don't believe in it, the fact that something is a nice idea does not constitute an argument against it.

I really don't think, even if you committed suicide to go to Heaven, that you would.

I mean, God created your life and made sure it wouldn't be too hard so that you wouldn't have to resort to this, right? Well, then you were being unjust and you deserve to go to Hell for taking away the life that God has given you.

Hell.

God gives you everything, and you throw it all away? End it yourself?

By the way, hiring an assassin to kill yourself, is suicide.

Guest Emanick
Hell.

Where do people keep getting that? :wub: The Bible says that no sin will get you to hell by itself. Why should suicide be any different?

Hell.

So if someone gives you a choice, kill yourself or kill someone else, Wouldnt that mean you would be screwed either way? Like damned if you do and damned if you dont. Explain that! :blink:

The bible says it's a sin...

The bible says that sinners go to hell...

Ergo you go to hell....

Don't really see that there's much more to it than that....

Right that's the logical bit out the way :blink:... It really depends on personal beliefs of the person, me being an atheist believe that there is nothing after so it would make no difference to me. The next guy might be different though and the next and the next and so on.

Guest Emanick
The bible says it's a sin...

The bible says that sinners go to hell...

Ergo you go to hell....

Don't really see that there's much more to it than that....

Right that's the logical bit out the way :blink:... It really depends on personal beliefs of the person, me being an atheist believe that there is nothing after so it would make no difference to me. The next guy might be different though and the next and the next and so on.

The Bible labels many things for a sin. It also says that God has forgiven people for their sins, hence, you do not go to hell. Otherwise, everybody would.

I've never liked this mad logic of "if you do something really bad you WILL go to hell," and that's all this debate really has going for it. Hopefully, this topic will get closed now for being bumped.