Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Neo Avatars

Stealing Creation Rewards System To Change

i think this update is good cause the armor will give 2 times exp :wub: but they shouldn't get rid of getting exp in the game cause i was getting good exp in mage with anchients

"AMG I can't cheat no more or get like infinity points you ruined jagex"

Do some of you realise how stupid you guys sound?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Skillers never got xp...

They didn't take away the combat aspect of the game...

Oh sure -- they didn't take combat "away" per se -- they merely eliminated all the XP and game points that you got for it. As such, there's little point to killing anyone, which means that very few people are going to PK in game.

Hence "NERFED".

Get it? No?

Shall I draw pictures for you?

Here's a concept.

How about people playing the game FOR FUN?

Amg nowai, fun is for loserz.

To be honest I was tiered of people with ancients camping outside, Ice Barraging anyone who came close.

But that's probably because I don't have ancients myself. :wub:

Well I got one set of armour (all I really wanted) and a bunch of the tools. More xp will only make my fletching goal even easier.

Message to jagex:

Nice job ruining yet another minigame. this was was kinda fun. nice job ruining it :wub:

OMG, they've just released a decent minigame, along with lots of other updates, and to make it a little bit better in their opinion they change it, and now you're saying they're ruining it!

Anyway, that wasn't a flame post, so please don't take it as one!

~Magical

i guess your right, they didnt ruin it (completly) but i have all the armour and weapons/ all tools (of both types) and now im gunna lose half of them along with my 300k/500k points that i have.

and now i can't ancient for xp =[

So the game isn't nerfed, you're just mad that you're going to lose some of your stuff (which you can change the objects you have into anyway), and that you can't get anymore free xp.

Uh - no -- the game's been nerfed.

The structure of the mini-game for MOST players, as it was played prior to this "update", was to gather clay, make high level equipment, and then attack the opposing team -- or defend against their attackers.

Now they've eliminated all combat experience from the game, and turned it into a "skilling-fest", there's no longer any "point" to attacking your opponent.

It's all about "skilling" now ...

Hence "NERFED".

It was never supposed to be all about combat, it was ment to be skillers working with fighters. Obviously it didn't work out, and in a way they did "nerf" it in the same sense that previously combat was overpowered in the minigame.

This isn't a bad thing, they're making the game more even in itself, and the drops are considerably better. Even with the low stats I could see some of that combat gear being used for the exp bonus on yaks and things that don't require good equipment to fight in the first place. Personally I'll prob just stock up on tools if I ever get around to that minigame again.

Edited by Hotbabe69

"AMG I can't cheat no more or get like infinity points you ruined jagex"

Do some of you realise how stupid you guys sound?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Skillers never got xp...

They didn't take away the combat aspect of the game...

Oh sure -- they didn't take combat "away" per se -- they merely eliminated all the XP and game points that you got for it. As such, there's little point to killing anyone, which means that very few people are going to PK in game.

Hence "NERFED".

Get it? No?

Shall I draw pictures for you?

Here's a concept.

How about people playing the game FOR FUN?

Amg nowai, fun is for loserz.

Zachy, barely anyone plays for "fun." *sigh* It's all about becoming the best...

I've never played this minigame so I wouldn't know much about the topic.

i think this update is good cause the armor will give 2 times exp :) but they shouldn't get rid of getting exp in the game cause i was getting good exp in mage with anchients

Tchyeah -- I wonder who they have "play-testing" these mini-games and various other updates prior to launching them?

I mean, really, every time (and I mean EVERY freaking time) they launch an update in this game, they have to turn around and nerf the damn thing because "... people are using them in ways [they] didn't think [were possible] ..."

:wub:

Stealing Creation was made for players like me -- good skill levels and kick-bottom combat skills -- which allowed me to rack up the points and roll in the experience. Now the game is useless to me in terms of providing ANY experience whatsoever.

... and yes, I know, the armour and the tools will give me *bonus* XP -- Oh how lovely! I guess I'll avoid wearing my Bandos and Armadyl and Barrows sets in order to wear "level 40" armour to get *bonus* experience.

Allow me a moment to contain my excitement ...

^_^

Edited by Blyaunte

i think this update is good cause the armor will give 2 times exp :) but they shouldn't get rid of getting exp in the game cause i was getting good exp in mage with anchients

Tchyeah -- I wonder who they have "play-testing" these mini-games and various other updates prior to launching them?

I mean, really, every time (and I mean EVERY freaking time) they launch an update in this game, they have to turn around and nerf the damn thing because "... people are using them in ways [they] didn't think [were possible] ..."

Stealing Creation was made for players like me -- good skill levels and kick-bottom combat skills -- which allowed me to rack up the points and roll in the experience. Now the game is useless to me in terms of providing ANY experience whatsoever.

... and yes, I know, the armour and the tools will give me *bonus* XP -- Oh how lovely! I guess I'll avoid wearing my Bandos and Armadyl and Barrows sets in order to wear "level 40" armour to get *bonus* experience.

^_^

Those *bonuses* are double normal exerience, this is very good for training up combat stats. Plus they didnt change how you played the minigame, you can still use the combat equipment to kill the skillers who make tons of runes and arrows and rack up points fast for yourself, who cares if you do not recieve experience, you barely got much xp to start out with from that game, you spend 5-7 minuites finding, gathering, and makeing resources/ gear, and the rest of the time which would be around 10 minuites to try and barrage or w/e as many people as you can find, that dosn't sound like ideal combat training to me.

i think this update is good cause the armor will give 2 times exp :D but they shouldn't get rid of getting exp in the game cause i was getting good exp in mage with anchients

^_^

Those *bonuses* are double normal exerience, this is very good for training up combat stats. Plus they didnt change how you played the minigame, you can still use the combat equipment to kill the skillers who make tons of runes and arrows and rack up points fast for yourself, who cares if you do not recieve experience, you barely got much xp to start out with from that game, you spend 5-7 minuites finding, gathering, and makeing resources/ gear, and the rest of the time which would be around 10 minuites to try and barrage or w/e as many people as you can find, that dosn't sound like ideal combat training to me.

Tchyeah -- "double 'normal' experience" with level 40 gear. As I said before, imagine my excitement. :)

With my normal combat training gear, I get a +173 strength bonus and I hit in the 50's to 60's with regularity. With the "clay armour" I hit in the teens and 20's -- in other words, the clay armour gear is practiucally useless to me.

Because I could use my ancients without costing runes, it was decent *free* magic training for me -- I managed to get over 500k mage xp in less than 3 days play and it didn't cost me anything.

Now I can't even get *that* out of the game ...

Am i right in thinking that it says that you don't get melee xp any more? If so that is just another pointless mini-game thats failed to launch!

DING! DING! DING!