Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bintey

Pvp Worlds

After reading your guide, I noticed a few mistkaes. I have edited parts of it to make it more gramatically correct or for other reasons.

NOTE:Pvp(Player vs player) is not safe! You will become skulled when you attack someone. This means that when you die you keep no items unless you use the Protect Item prayer which keeps one more item on death so you will keep only 1 item, A gravestone will not appear!

PvP also known as Player vs Player used to only be in the wilderness and bounty hunter however people suggested to jagex for PvP all over runescape and the only safe place is banks and the Grand Exchange! PvP is available for Free Players and Members!

PvP (Player vs. Player) is not safe! You will become skulled when you attack someone. This means that when you die, you keep no items unless the Protect Item prayer is switched on, letting you keep only ONE item. Beware: A gravestone will not appear!

PvP (also known as Player vs. Player) used to only be in the Wilderness and Bounty Hunter. However, people suggested to JaGex (the creators of RuneScape) for PvP all over RuneScape, which is exactly what has happened. The only safe places are banks and the Grand Exchange! PvP is available for both Free Players and Members!

If your planning to stay in a player vs player world then its recommended that you have around 10-18 lobsters or better at least, 2-6 potions or lumbridge explorer ring (3) (for 3x50 run restorations) and the 4-8 free spaces are for drops and/or teleportation runes in emergences.

If you're planning to stay in a Player vs. Player world, then it is recommended that you have around 10-18 lobsters or more, 2-6 potions, or Lumbridge Explorer Ring (3) (obtained by completing the Lumbridge/Draynor Achievment Diary,) for 3x 50 run restorations, and the remaining 4-8 free spaces for drops and/or teleportation runes used in emergencies.

I will have at look at the rest of the guide later, and see if I can edit anything then.

Edited by BunnyofDoom

PRetty good guide, I'll get some pics of the F2P armour tommorow ok?

okay, thankyou

Yep, I'm back, and I've edited some more.

u should have at least 40 in the combat skill you are using (40 strength, defense and attack, 40 magic and 40 range)

and have at least 30 prayer (43 highly recommended though).

Agility (Members) for energy restoration

You should have at least 40 in the combat skill you are using (e.g. 40 strength, defense and attack, 40 magic, or 40 range) and have at least 30 prayer (recommended.) Also, for members, it is better if you have a high Agility level, for quick run restoration.

I'll do more later, maybe.

As promised, I've edited some more. Also, I noticed if you look at my post about 5 posts ago, I edited some there, but you didn't add it in. (It was the beginning bit.)

Now thats out the way let me tell you what worlds to go on and how to make it easy to find a PvP world.

You MUST be combat level 20 or higher!

You probably dont want to go through all the worlds to find a PvP world so here's a way to find them quick and easy.

As seen in the picture above there's a little skull on the top right of the bit with the worlds, you just have to press the up arrow to make all PvP worlds come to the top.

It will then be like the picture below.

The best PvP world is completely up to you! You might like a busy world or a not so busy world!

Before you can start fighting, you will need to know which worlds are PvP and how to get on to them. Note: You must be level 20 combat or higher! To save some time, you probably don't want to go throught all the worlds to find a PvP world, so here's a quick and easy way to do it:

As seen in the picture above, there's a little skull on the top right-hand corner of the screen with the worlds. All you have to do is press the up arrow near the skull to make all PvP worlds come to the top. It will then be like the picture below.

No offence but your guide on what to bring is really wrong a f2p pkers inventory should be.

26 lobsters/strength potion/secondary weapon.

Dont encourage teleing/.

Your will always want to use strength amulet for melee fighting/melee hybriding in f2p or a power ammy for ranging and no less than mithril arrows.

I can continue picking out flaws but really but alot of the strategies/all of the gear pretty much is flawed.

Pures are a big part of pvp and you will need to include that as lots of people do make new accounts to pk on.

There are endless possiblilties to use as weapon/armour but i will list some basics

Lets see.

For mains.

Melee.

Rune Full helmet

Rune Platebody

Rune platelegs

Rune kiteshield

Rune Weapon (scimitar reccomended)

Strength amulet

Rune gaunts/Leather gloves

any boots/cape

Inven

KO Weapon (2h or b axe reccomended)

20 Tuna+

4 Anchovie pizza's (optional for combo food)

1 strength potion

Teles if your nh/sad

Monk robes for no arming (optinal)

Ranging

Rune Full Helmet/Green d hide coif

Green d hide body

Green d hide chaps/Rune plate legs

Green d hide vambs

power amulet

Mith arrows minimum/Addy reccomended at least 50

Any cape

Any boots

Maple shortbow (longbow isnt good)

Maging

(Not good on its own past 40 combat)

Wizard Hat/Fog

Wizard Body/Fog

Any bottoms robe skirt is best/Fog

Mage/Power amulet

Staff corresponding to the spell your using

Any boots/cape/gloves

Antifire shield/none

Inven

3 Spaces for runes

4 combo food anch pizza's

21 tuna+

Hybrid

Rune Full Helmet

Green D hide Body

Green D hide chaps

Maple Bow/Rune 2h/Rune Scim

Gauntlets/Green Vambs

Str/power amulet depending on preference

Any cape+Boots

at least 50 mithril+ arrows reccomend addy

Inven

Strength potion

2 spots for weapons

Rune Kite for scimming

4 combo food

20+ Tuna

*If you are a pure or unable to wear runite/green d hide bodys then replace with the next best armour or robes/leather/iron instead*

There much better f2p equipment

P2P

needs much more detail but.

Main p2p.

Melee

**Never wear any melee armour below rune if you are 40+ def**

***Dharoks is for full dharok pking only works with full set***

Berserker/Netiznot helm reccomended/Dharoks/Other barrows/Statius/Vesta for set pking/Runite helm as a last option/Barb assault Helm

Torso (if willing to lose)/Rune platebody/Dharoks/Other barrows/Statius/Vesta for set pking/Other high leveld equipment

Rune legs/Dharoks/other barrows/Dragon skirt/legs/Statius/Vesta/Other high leveld equipment

Glory/Strength amulet /Fury

Dragon Boots/Rune Boots/Climbing Boots

Rune+ Gauntlets if not use somthing below or a combat bracelet/regen bracelet

Whip/Dragon scim/Godsword/Saradomin Sword/Dragon Long (not reccomended)/Statius/Vesta/High leveld melee weapon/Dds-Gmaul-Dmace-Other high spec weps (ko only not as a primary)

Rune defender/Rune kite/God book (if not two handed)

Team Cape/Skill cape/Obby Cape/Fire cape

Recoil/Zerker/Warrior

Inven

Super Strength potion

Super defence potion

Super attack potion

22 sharks--/Brews/Restores if you want

Recoil in inven

2nd ko weapon

2x+ Prayer potion

Ok i hope this sort of helps thats all im going to do.

I can tell you have little pk experience so try and go out and get some to help with the guide.

Always bring the best you can wear within in reason and if you cant afford say that and have to use full addy instead of rune then you really shouldnt be in pvp.

Dont encouarge teleing thats just imo

The other stuff is good and the strategies are coming on nicely

No offence but this guide is terrible. It hardly shows anything, it is very inaccurate and picture are badly cropped.

I'm sorry this is horrible.

You have bad equipment, grammar, the stats you give are bad, etc etc.

just no.

Firstly, I must advice you, you forgot to put a magic free play section, (Hard to think of a strategy for that) anyway nice guide, I didn't know about the brawling gloves though >.<

A pvp world guide would have to be pretty massive anyway, this guy proberly cant do everything anyway as you need pics of people in lots of different gear from that approach i would be willing if a few other people would to help make the guide better? >.<

thanks! i will update this more when and if my range guild guide is accepted, also this is my first guide so im not too good at writing guides

[*]Corrupt God Armour

What do you mean?

You can get Rune God Armour, and Corrupt Ancient Warrior (Zuriel, Vesta etc.), but not Corrupt God Armour.

Its not very good I'm afraid.

The least you could do it take the equipment screenies again without all the clutter and names on it >.<

6gyel3.jpg

As you can see, you have other players names in the chatbox, above it, etc. Some most likely don't want their name to be featured.

and the Background is just distracting. Take it again in a less distracting enviroment, turn off public and private so the name don't appear as well.

~Darth :cool:

Edited by Darth KJ

You should add a part about vengance pking. Use whip and when the other player gets low health click vengance and swing your whip at the same time to inflict large amounts of damage.

you should also note that magic is rarely used by itself. Veng pking for melee, and Ancient pking for rangers. This is because magic's max hit is 30 and alot of people bring in ranged armor with high defense to K.O magers.

Magic is effective in a clan, because of multiple other forms of attack, and the freezing ability is helpfull.

Unfortunately, you may also have to add a section on 1 itemers, pjers, and 3 itemers.

1 itemers - These people walk around with one item (most common is a DDS, people also use Godswords, Saradomin sword, Crystal Bow, and Dragon claws) and attempt to kill people, and when they die they use protect item to keep their item. Some of these use food and potions, some don't. Mass amounts of one itemers are found around Lumbrige, Faladore and some at Cammelot. This is because after they die, they can resprawn and get back to attempting to get a kill. These are especially dangerous when there in numbers, if you are wearing lots of expensive items you will be targeted. You should avoid the resprawn locations if you wish to pk with the pestering of one itemers. This pking is not recommended because if your prayer points run out, you will lose your item. If you do manage to kill somebody then chances at a valuable drop are low because you aren't risking much and probably didn't spend to much time in a hot zone.

pjers - These are "player jumpers". There name basically says it. They watch you fight somebody secretly and when you are low hitpoints and the other person eats two food(this allows enough time for you be considered not fighting someone else), they jump with high hitting weapons (most common is a Dark Bow, people also use DDS, Dragon claws, Godswords) and attempt to kill you. The only problem is that they won't get the drop, but rather the person fighting you does. They might attempt to kill them afterwords, or ask for a portion. Sometimes friends PJ to protect each other or get each other loots. One itemers are known to player jump. Keep an eye out for these. Again, this is not recommended because you are at risk while waiting for an opportunity to jump.

3 itemers - These people walk around with 3 items (sometimes 4 if they plan on using protect items prayer) and attempt to get other people to attack them, so they remain unskulled and have no risk of losing items. They sometimes insult other players in the hopes of them snapping and skulling on them. The best thing to do is ignore these people. This style of pking isn't reccomended because you don't spend as much time fighting, and the loot will be worse because you are not risking much.

Again these are just ideas, and rough outlines. you can rewrite those or copy them or just leave them out entirely.

This guide looks good >.<

The quick links section under "brawling gloves" is miss sized. Also I haves content sumission-

Another thing you can do on pvp worlds is get a fried to meet up with you in a major city or the deep wilderness and do something called "Camping." Camping is when to players go somewhere and one of them kills the other player over and over again for many hours until you get a very valuable drop. When you are camping, the person who will be the attacker needs to risk 75k+, not including their weapon, in order to get a drop. This process can take more than ten hours, so patience is a requirement. Other than that there is really nothing else you need, just make sure your friend is not more than ten levels above, or bellow your combat level and that you can trust them.

That was a pretty simple first version. I will probably add on to it soon.

Just don't forget to put my name on the hellers list >.<

Just some updated pics of suggested armor:

f2pmeleeen1.png

[img=http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/8118/f2pmeleeen1.png]

^I would suggest using a rune scimitar or r2h (or combination). Anti dragon shield is okay, but a rune kite is also good.^

f2pmageid7.png

[img=http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/7123/f2pmageid7.png]

^Power ammy is optional.^

f2prangehm6.png

[img=http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1561/f2prangehm6.png]

^Power ammy gives better range attack and defense bonuses, so I suggest using that. Wizard hat and fighting boots are optional (fighting boots -1 range attack bonus).^

klnpf2.png

[img=http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9974/klnpf2.png]

^This I took when I was members, use if you want.^

Edit: Found this >.<

klodf9.png

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9397/klodf9.png

Another combination of gear would probably work better (like d boots), but use if you want.

Edited by packman9898

Thanks all for the new info and pics

When you first enter a PvP world you start in the safe area around Lumbridge Castle. You care also given a book in your inventory. You can speak to Doomsayer in Lumbridge to get another, both of these only happen the FIRST time you log into any PvP world, after that you are on your own.

Here is a transparency of the book I made a while back for when someone else attempted this.

PvPBook.gif

[IMG=http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb74/ajonesse/PvPBook.gif]

Thankyou, i forgot that you get the book.

Hey i made some of the corrupt armour transparent. here they are.

corruptdchainih1.png

[IMG=http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/7776/corruptdchainih1.png]

corruptdlegsvr8.png

[IMG=http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8322/corruptdlegsvr8.png]

corruptdskirtnj4.png

[IMG=http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7392/corruptdskirtnj4.png]

i had more but somehow i deleted them ill put them on tomorrow.

Edited by armpitfarts

just saying, but i think that a mage amym will bebetter fer the f2p magers

the mage bonus will be +25 instead of +22

Hey i made some of the corrupt armour transparent. here they are.

corruptdchainih1.png

[IMG=http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/7776/corruptdchainih1.png]

corruptdlegsvr8.png

[IMG=http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8322/corruptdlegsvr8.png]

corruptdskirtnj4.png

[IMG=http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7392/corruptdskirtnj4.png]

i had more but somehow i deleted them ill put them on tomorrow.

i might not use all of theme, i might just use one as im not making a full list of the corrupt drag items

just saying, but i think that a mage amym will bebetter fer the f2p magers

the mage bonus will be +25 instead of +22

i dont get what you mean

okay, im probly confusing it with the new god armour (i think) that was released with pvp worlds, is there somthing like corrupt god armour?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.