Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Darkfall (its Like Runescape 3)

The game has been in development for 8 years, I don't think they are trying to copy WoW or anything. >.<

Edited by Chris

I mean 'wannabe amazing and original then completely and utterly fails after stealing all our moneys'. And 8 years? Lets just hope they can get in the current graphics theme before release, which by the way when is?

I mean 'wannabe amazing and original then completely and utterly fails after stealing all our moneys'. And 8 years? Lets just hope they can get in the current graphics theme before release, which by the way when is?

January 22/09

I know, the colours seem too rich and the drawings need to be smoother and more realistic, or differently unrealistic. I hardly think we can judge it on a few leaked screenshots though.

Woodcutting! Woodcutting! Woodcutting! Woodcutting! Woodcutting! Woodcutting! Woodcutting! Woodcutting!

no this isn't spam.

>.<

You can hire NPC's to work for you also, just pay them to fish for you all day. >.<

Or other tasks, even for support in battle if you program their AI to do it.

Edited by Chris

I just hope you actually have to do things, not just click. Imagine this:

*Click 'Build Ship'*

And how long would that take? I also hope you get to design it yourself, not just choose from pre-sets.

I just hope you actually have to do things, not just click. Imagine this:

*Click 'Build Ship'*

And how long would that take? I also hope you get to design it yourself, not just choose from pre-sets.

I hear it's the same way building a ship as to building a city. It'll be like "legos", each race has it's own style.

I just cannot wait for this game, I want it now!

Oh, and is there a set price for this yet, like a monthly pay or just the retail price?

Edited by Rune_Rune9

wow is it just me or are these graphics better than wow?

any estimates on how much it will cost?

dont like the way the water looks though...

Edited by Bongo Baggins

WoW is four years old...

WoW is four years old...

and even then

WoW is also not meant to look real like....for example warhammer

it's more like fantasy

Ahh! please do not make the reference between runescape and DarkFall, darkfall is meant to be a revolution in online gaming and therefore shouldnt be compared to any other mmo (especially runescape :D). Its in a league of its own! :cool:

My friend told me about this way back in november/october time. Hes been busily recruiting away on the forums to form a guild straight from the off, thing is with this game there are so many people in guilds (im talking maybe 200-300 people or more per guild) that it is hard to snatch up people early :P. The amount of people in guilds is due to the fact that there is a heavy guild influence in this game. On the world map there are locations where guilds can rule over (many of them). You can manage the kingdom any way you want, but you need to get a good economy going and good political standings with other kingdoms to make a good working kingdom. You can construct buildings, shops, harbors and more in your kingdom if you wish (aswell as constructing boats and lets face it im not the only one who wants to make a replica of the black pearl am i). In kingdoms you can collect resources which you have built yourself such as a mine or a farm and by "killing off" a certain type of Npc you can extinct it from one area and it will pop up somewere else, which is useful if you think that there is a good resource node surrounded by bears, just kill off all the bears and voila, empty resource node.

Also, if you choose to become more of a ranger or mage based character it becomes more of a fps game. I am very intrigued as to how this works and intend to become a ranger when i get it. >.<

Hundreds of Skills (in the way RS has them, woodcutting/fishing/mining/smithing/ect)

Real Quests (very rare)

1 Character to play the game

Full Loot (Old RS Pk)

Lots of content

Thats how I compare these games. >.<

Edited by Chris

It looks like an amazing game. I joined the forums.

Will the beta be available in the US or just Europe?

~Dr Skull

This game looks awesome, the graphics are awesome, and the features seem awesome. Especially

"Darkfall places NO RESTRICTIONS on player interaction, so there are no developer imposed safe zones, realms, PvP zones OR ANY OTHER ROADBLOCKS THAT LIMIT YOUR GAME.

It'd be fun to randomly kill someone for no reason whatsoever, I hope they don't remove this feature and they aren't lying.

This looks great! Atrophy r want >>.<

The whole limitless, aiming, freedom characteristics just seem so awesome.

I just hope it's free..

I don't think it's free >.<

But it looks amazing.

7 years in the making - It has to be good.

~FoX

PVP ANYWERE!! It has like 3 faction type things and 6 races. One race can have houses underground! PK ANYWHERE!! WOOT! I guess it will cost 10-15 a month with a free download. A game of these proportions will need to be paid for. Sorry freebies!

Seems good, but I wonder how the "PVP anywhere" turns out. When you die, all of your items can be lootefd? You'd probably get killed over and over again while trying to find new equipment after you died, because you're not wearing any good gear. I doubt that'll be balanced.

I don't think it's free >.<

But it looks amazing.

7 years in the making - It has to be good.

~FoX

*Points at Too human and looks back at you*

Seems good, but I wonder how the "PVP anywhere" turns out. When you die, all of your items can be lootefd? You'd probably get killed over and over again while trying to find new equipment after you died, because you're not wearing any good gear. I doubt that'll be balanced.

Well, I think that there probably are a few roadblocks (even though they claim there are none). A high-leveled character can't come out of the blue and kill a really low-leveled character, right? >.<

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.