Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bubbles

~completed~ Guide To Wilderness Pking Spots ~completed~

Guide to Wilderness PKing Spots

The Wilderness is a very dangerous place in RuneScape, where people are looking to kill other players. Many people have gained and lost millions here, and its not a spot to be taken for granted. So lets get started...

Freeplay PKing Spots

Freeplay PKers don't have the special attacks to 1-hit you, or the spells to TeleBlock and to freeze you like an ice cube, but the majority of them have greater PKing skills. They have the tatics and the knowledge to turn you into minced meat. So never underestimate your opponent here.

Low Leveled Varrock Wilderness

guide16pd.png

This is a prime spot for new players to RuneScape. You won't find too many high leveled people lurking around here. This place is in multi-combat, and is a famous spot for pure teams to hang out. This spot is from around level 1-5 wilderness.

Hill Giants

guide12eg.png

This is one of the most dangerous places in Freeplay wilderness. Many high leveled players PK here. It is multi-combat zone, so watch your back. Occasionally there is a few pures here too. Ranges from levels 16-19 wilderness.

Rune Rocks

guide14tw.png

This place is famous in Freeplay because of the only Rune ores availible in Freeplay. Usually PKers look for an innocent miner to kill hoping of some free Rune ore. This is also a popular spot for clans. Level 46 Wilderness.

Demonic Ruins

guide12ji.png

Probably the most lethal place in Freeplay Wilderness. Probably the most PKed at location for clans, most of them at extremely high levels. Its multi-combat, as well as in the deep wildy, so its no place to fool around with. Don't bring anything your not prepared to lose. In level 46-47 Wilderness.

Dark Knights Fortress/Bandit Camp

guide11mu.png

These are places where mostly every PKer comes across in their RuneScape career. In the Dark Knights Fortress, you'll mostly find low leveled players taking runes from the inside of the Castle. At the entrance is a popular place for people to PK.

The Bandit Camp isn't usually used as a PKing spot anymore. Sometimes you'll find people making pizza there, and sometimes a random newb. Nothing that spectacular, but sometimes you'll find some interesting prey. Varies from level 20-24 Wilderness.

Members PKing Areas

Members Wilderness is extremely dangerous. They have the spells to prevent you from teleporting, the weapons that can tear you up like Credit Card bills in the shredder, and arrows that can pierce your flesh at a whim. The ways to kills your opponent are endless. Make sure you are aware of every moment you are in this treacherous area.

Edgeville Green Dragons

guide15gp.png

If people have a Slayer Assignment of Green Dragons, then this is the place they usually tackle it. PKers take advantage of the loot they can recieve, and its a main spot for PKers of higher levels. Its non-multi combat, so you don't have to worry about people teaming you, other than tag teamers. Level 11-14 Wilderness.

Abyss

lalala2ag.png

The Abyss is used by RuneCrafters to craft their runes, as it is the fastest way to make them. Yet, it is also the most dangerous because of the PKers that hope to pick up a glory from a RuneCrafter. Usually levels 70+ hang around here. It is non-multi combat, so if your caught in a situation and want to get away, you can run into the aggresive skeletons in the area in hopes to lose your pursuer. The Abyss is located in levels 3-6 Wilderness.

Mage Arena/Agility Training Area

guide18rf.png

This is the most dangerous place in Members Wilderness. This is where the Mage Training Arena where you can charge your God Staff, and where the Agility Course is to train your agility. People usually use the Ardounge Teleport Lever to where the Deserted Keep is on the map, and then to the shack north of the Mage Arena. If you pull the lever at the Mage Arena, you are teleported into a bank that is outside of the Wilderness. This is a extremely dangerous spot, as level 100+ usually PK there using all their effort to keep you from getting away, usually with success. People also PK at the Agility Arena occasionally, hoping to pick up a few cakes from the trainers there for food. Level 51+ Wilderness.

PKing Tactics

In the Wilderness, its not all about power. If you use good strategy and organization, you can overcome opponents that are stronger than you. If you read further you can learn more about these tips, and how to be feared in the Wild.

Death Dot

Explanation: Where everyone in your PKing group stands in a single space.

shalala5li.png

The Death Dot is a lethal trap if you are PKing in a large group or with your clan. It allows you to be compacted into one spot on the mini-map, attracting people that pass by to think it as one player, instead of running away from a large group. The element of suprise is the key here, and that is what makes you to overtake your opponent in a sneaky fashion.

Box Formation

Explanation: When the PKers in the group form a box, to maximize organization and to overcome their enemy.

The Box Formation is not known among many, but can prove to be important when a clan Runs-in. If the clan leader calls a "5x5 box" for example, each member lines up so that it creates a human box with the dimensions 5 x 5. When a clan charges at someone, it helps the people in the box to pile the enemy.

Spamming

Explanation: Where the members of your group spam the opponent using red text to decrease their visibility of their hitpoints.

Spamming the opponent can make a tough opponent minced meat. If he can't see his hitpoints, then he may not heal himself in time to stay alive. You would be suprised how much it helps, and if you don't believe me, go try for yourself.

Common Wilderness Scams-How to Avoid Them

In the world of RuneScape, there is always a soul out there trying to take your money unfairly. Many of these scams are in the Wild, but no need to worry! I will tell you how to identify and stay away from being scammed.

Whip Scam

Many people have fallen victim to this trap. Usually the person will ask you to let them get you down to 20 hitpoints with only your Whip equipped, and they will pay you 400k. Usually what happens is they get you down to 20 hitpoints, trade you four Dragon Longswords or Mystic Tops, and then kill you. The problem here is that Dragon Longswords and Mystic Tops protect over Whips. So when they kill you, you will be in Lumbridge without your Whip.

Another whip scam is that someone (preferrably you) are at Green Dragons with a whip, and then someone comes and drops 3/4 Dragon Longswords. Then the person with the whip picks them up, then they person that dropped the swords kills the person with the whip. And viola, free whip for them.

Luring

This is an extremely dangerous scam. Usually on the official RuneScape forums, someone will agree to buy/sell an item. Then they will tell you to meet at a place that is near the Wild, such as Oziach's Platebody Shop, Monastery near Edgeville, Jolly Boar Inn, or other places. Usually they will lead you into the Wild (or in some cases you are right on the edge of it anyways) and then kill you. People have lost millions, or even their rares to this scam. So be careful!

Summary:

The Wilderness is an extremely dangerous place. Keep alert, as you may be there one minute, and gone the next. Make sure you prepare well, and most importantly, have fun! :P

Note: I need to get some pictures of the PKing tactics. Help would be much appreciated :/.

Edited by Mr. Bubbles

Very well writen, to say the least. The guide might not be the most necessary, but it provides all the information needed.

Good work :P 9/10

i would suggest you add the new monster and also ad moss giants because they are also good pkin locations

Very well writen, to say the least. The guide might not be the most necessary, but it provides all the information needed.

Good work :/ 9/10

Thanks, I didn't expect such good feedback from my first guide :P

i would suggest you add the new monster and also ad moss giants because they are also good pkin locations

Ok, i'll change that after I eat my pie. Can't forget pie! :/

I notice you left out the area west of the chaos temple and north of varrock, there are almost always a few mid lvled rangers or mages there in f2p.

Also, you occasionally see high lvl people hanging around in mining areas, etc, so you have to always be careful when you go to any training spot.

9/10, besides the minute amounts of missing info, and it would be nice to see a guide to what types of combat are most likely to be used in what areas.

I notice you left out the area west of the chaos temple and north of varrock, there are almost always a few mid lvled rangers or mages there in f2p.

Also, you occasionally see high lvl people hanging around in mining areas, etc, so you have to always be careful when you go to any training spot.

9/10, besides the minute amounts of missing info, and it would be nice to see a guide to what types of combat are most likely to be used in what areas.

There really isn't a specific combat type to the places. I usually see the same amount of combat types in each spot. As for the areas, these are some places where you will find some stray PKers, but not the most important areas. I'm just listing the ones that are most important, and left out a few such as axe hut, edgy dungeon, chaos temple and so on. These places are dangerous but not as bad as the ones I listed, but then again, isn't every place in the wild dangerous? I don't know if i'll add them, i'll await more feedback till I decide :P

Edited by Mr. Bubbles

Well thought out guide.

btw Did you put in Greaters?

Greaters are Demonic Ruins. Demonic Ruins is the official name :P

That is quite nice. Good pictures, by the way.

ill give you a 8.5/10, the reason you didnt get a 9/10 or 10/10 from me is that you didnt go there in person and take pics of good places to do "death dots" or even what it looks like. Those pics + the ones you have would be the best. its still a great guide.

Guest magex2

this guide is good, it could just do with 'sharpening up' a little. You could include pking strategies like the death dot and others. Also im suprised that you didnt include luring as this is becoming more popular as we speak.

8/10

I put in the PKing tactics and scams sections. I need to get some pictures that I will probably have by tonite :P

Great guide, except one thing..

You could add a part into pking tactics where 2-3 or more players get on one guy, near the bandit camp, castle area, then when they arent in multi, one attacks you. then, he stops attacking you and lets the other guy attack you, therfor it would be a 2 on 1 or more. Idk, it happened to me, so I just thought it would make sense to add it. anyways, 10/10

Great guide, except one thing..

You could add a part into pking tactics where 2-3 or more players get on one guy, near the bandit camp, castle area, then when they arent in multi, one attacks you. then, he stops attacking you and lets the other guy attack you, therfor it would be a 2 on 1 or more. Idk, it happened to me, so I just thought it would make sense to add it. anyways, 10/10

I don't want to encourage tag teaming :P

Good Guide! There's only one thing I'd like to add to that and that is another concept of luring:

For example, a player is training on Green Dragons, then some one comes(and this is the one luring) and drops 3/4 dragon longs and waits until the person sees them, so the player runs over and grabs them and the lurer attacks that person, the player dies and then the lurer gets a free whip :P

~Neo~

Good Guide! There's only one thing I'd like to add to that and that is another concept of luring:

For example, a player is training on Green Dragons, then some one comes(and this is the one luring) and drops 3/4 dragon longs and waits until the person sees them, so the player runs over and grabs them and the lurer attacks that person, the player dies and then the lurer gets a free whip :rolleyes:

~Neo~

I never heard of that one... but i'll add that now :P

For example, a player is training on Green Dragons, then some one comes(and this is the one luring) and drops 3/4 dragon longs and waits until the person sees them, so the player runs over and grabs them and the lurer attacks that person, the player dies and then the lurer gets a free whip :P

~Neo~

I never heard of that one... but i'll add that now :D

I say its awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :rolleyes::rolleyes:

wow, what some intresting tactics to get a whip, or to save yourself from losing one

Guest data sh4rk

nice guide, Its very well written, and as a f2p pker I find it very useful, why hasnt this been published yet?

have you pmed salmoneus

if not you should

Good guide. Save this: the road to the wilderness in varrock is a good place to see a mix of pkers. on crowded worlds, prepare to be attacked out of nowhere.

Add pictures of the tactics and stuff like that. :) Like Sneezingtree's pking guide.

I am, but its hard to get one in a team since our clan isn't very big, if anyone can help me out that would be great (pics for pking tactics :) ) :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.