Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bintey

Range Guild Rewrite

Ranging Guild

Original Guide By Salmoneus

Written By Binteybintey

Special Thanks To Lalas the Assassin, Neo Avatars, Cake, Simple013, Moneyman1580, Stakez0re, Salmoneus, Roy

Requirements: 40 Range or lower levels with certain potions.

Like the name suggests the Ranging Guild is a Guild where people go to range. To enter you must have at least 40 Range (for information on how to achieve this visit the Range Guide) however you can enter at other levels with certain potions (Shown below). There's something for everyone here, from killing archers to playing the ranging minigame!

There's also an archer here who will sell you the Archers Skill Cape/Hood upon completion of achieving the hard task of 99 Range for 99,000gp.

Potions

rangepot.gifRanged potion - Gives a 15% boost to your Range level.

Geyser Titans - Boosts your Ranged by 3% of your level while adding one level to yours.

Note that the potions do NOT stack (E.g. drinking a potion and then another but it will not take effect), and also these are only temporarily.

rangingmap.png

1. Ardougne Teleport - requires Plague City to use this method.
    • With 51 Magic, teleport to East Ardougne with 2 Law runes and 2 Earth runes and then follow the yellow path.
    • With an Ardougne tele-tab, simply break it to teleport to East Ardougne, then walk yellow path.

[*]Necklace of Skills - allows you to teleport to four different guilds, as Fishing is included. So, teleport to there and walk red path. Requires 72 Crafting to make it as well as 68 Magic to enchant it. It may also be bought from other players.

[*]Camelot Teleport - (a: with 45 Magic, gather one law rune and 5 air runes, and teleport to Camelot. Then walk the green path.) (b: with a Camelot tele-tab, break it to teleport and follow the green path.)

[*]If you have done Lunar Diplomacy, with Lunar magicks set, you will need 88 Magic to use this method. Teleport to Catherby with 3 Astral, 3 Law, 10 Water runes, and then follow the long blue path.

[*]If you have a Combat bracelet, you can use this method to simply teleport to Range Guild.

[*]Finally if you can use Fairy Rings then the one south-east of the Legends Guild is up for you to use, the code is BLR

There are quite a few attractions in the Ranged Guild, many of which can help you train Ranging.

Training at the center tower

There is a ladder located at the center of the guild, which if you climb up you will find one of four Tower Advisors.

tower.png

text1.png

Depending on your Range level they will suggest which the tower is most challenging for you.

text2.png

If you are willingly to train for a long time, then it is suggested that you bring food, lobsters and up. Also be sure to bring either a longbow, or a shortbow on the longrange mode. There are four towers, and each one allows you to train on archers of different levels:

• North - level 19
  • East - level 34
  • South - level 49
  • West - level 64

Each tower has three archers, and are respawned at around 20 to 30 seconds.

tower2.png

If you're bored, the guild has a minigame that you can play! The Competition Judge can be found in the southeast corner of the guild."

judge.png

Talk to the competition judge and say you will give it a go. However, you will need to bring 200gp to play (bring loads of money if you want to play longer), and the judge will give you 10 Bronze arrows, and you are permitted to use any bows. (Note that you cannot use the bronze arrows as you have your own.)

Move your mouse of over one of the targets and click "Fire at target" then see what you score.

target.png

Where there are the arrows, count them to see how many.

Where it says "Score" this is your current score, The maximum is 1000 while the minimum is 0.

In the center is what you hit, in this case a bulls eye, you can see how many points you got by looking for where the arrow is, the amount of points gained will be above that.

You will be rewarded archery tokens for the amount of points you get divided by 10. So, the maximum is 1000 (1000 / 10 = 100) points per game, giving 100 tickets. So, if you play the game 10 times with 1,000 points each of the game, you will receive 1,000 tickets! Not bad deal, huh? For more information on this minigame visit the Archery Competition guide.

Shops

Inside the guild there are various shops selling armour, range equipment and the like. One specialty shop lets you trade their items for your earned tickets.

Aaron's Archery Appendages

archerstorechaps.png

Here you can buy a variety of range Armour's for all your dangerous adventures.

Coif: 200gp

Leather Body: 21gp

Leather Chaps: 20gp

Leather Cowl: 24gp

Leather vambraces: 18gp

Hardleather body: 120gp

Studded Body: 850gp

Studded Chaps: 750gp

Authentic Throwing Weapons

autehnticranger.png

If the bows and arrows are not your preferred type, this shop has stocks of the throwing weapons that can be purchased.

Bronze javelin: 6gp

Iron javelin: 8gp

Steel javelin: 37gp

Mithril javelin: 98gp

Adamant javelin: 246gp

Rune javelin: 624gp

Bronze thrownaxe: 4gp

Iron thrownaxe: 13gp

Steel thrownaxe: 38gp

Mithril thrownaxe: 105gp

Adamant thrownaxe: 262gp

Rune thrownaxe: 698gp

Darguad's Bow and Arrows

archerbowarr.png

Here you can buy the types of shortbows and longbows, from normal bows to willow bows, as well as arrows are also sold here. This is only the shop that sells all of the arrows, except for Dragon ones.

Arrow Shaft: 12gp

Bronze arrowtips: 10gp

Iron arrowtips: 26gp

Steel arrowtips: 36gp

Mithril arrowtips: 68gp

Adamant arrowtips: 160gp

Rune arrowtips: 460gp

Bronze arrows: 7gp

Iron arrow: 20gp

Steel arrow: 46gp

Mithril arrow: 76gp

Adamant arrow: 172gp

Rune arrow: 510gp

Shortbow: 50gp

Oak Shortbow: 100gp

Willow Shortbow: 200gp

Longbow: 80gp

Oak Longbow: 160gp

Willow Longbow: 320gp

Ranging Guild Ticket Exchange

tickettrade.png

The tickets you get above can be used to purchase the items without the need of money! As well as being the only shop in the guild that needs the tickets, it is also a good shop to buy some items that in other places in Runescape would be unavailable.

20 Adamant Javelins: 2,000 Archery Tickets

30 Barb bolt tips: 140 Archery Tickets

50 Rune arrows: 2,000 Archery Tickets

Coif: 100 Archery Tickets

Green D'hide Body: 2,400 Archery Tickets

Studded Body: 150 Archery Tickets

Edited by binteybintey

ok good base to a guide. Its a good idea to change the title size and underline it. Can i ask why is there a range guild guide needed? Cause JaGex haven't really done anything new to it. Anyways I'll leave you to it

ok good base to a guide. Its a good idea to change the title size and underline it. Can i ask why is there a range guild guide needed? Cause JaGex haven't really done anything new to it. Anyways I'll leave you to it

ups i forgot to cxhange title size, i will do that soons . its because if you go into the rewrites needed bit it says ranging guild. dont ask me why

err how i hijack you? i used diffrent words how ever if it makes you better we could right one together? up to you

keep all ur images transparent. go to iaza.com and make em transparent

y transparent, i thought you shouldn't make em transparent

no u know ur Aaron's shop pic has a cyan coloured edgeing next to the title. U have to make that transparent.

yeh i know its cause i was seeing if i could get the same colour as the background of this forum but it diddn't work

I'm not going to post anymore. I'm going to let the mods take care of this.

im sorry redskin, okay?

i will make it transparrent

upon completion on achieving the hard task of 99 Range for 99k.

99,000gp

You can use a Combat Bracelet or you can just walk!

You can use the Bracelet to do what?

Visit the Getting Around guide for other and quicker forms of transport to get to the guild.

If there are faster methods to get there, why not say?

Theres quite a few attractions in the Ranging Guild, Most of which help you to train.

*list of shops*

How do shops help me train? >.< Put the list of shops at the end in a shop section so it makes more sense.

http://i40.tinypic.com/5vn9yt.png

Images should try to be under 615px wide. Also, the mini-map stuck on looks out of place and badly cropped.

'saftey' is not how you spell 'safety'. Just generally run a spellcheck through the guide to pick up multiple other typos.

Once you have some food (if you're a low level)

...and why don't high levels ever need food?

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vx1w87.png

What does that show?

Here is where the minigame is,

Why the comma at the end of the sentence? Explain where it is found for those who dislike big images.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2uhy0i9.png

Try and make it 615px wide.

(you MUST spend 200gp on the arrows , You can't bring bronze arrows in to use!)

Swap the ' , You' for 'and'.

then see what you get.

score, not get.

http://i39.tinypic.com/10dbnlt.png

(1) This shows how many remaining shots you have, count the arrows to see how many.

(2)This shows your current score, The maximum is 1000 while the minimum is 0.

(3)This is what you hit, In this case a bulls eye, You can see how many points you got by looking for where the arrow is, The amount of points gained will be above that.

Check the spacing to make it consistent.

Strange colours on both the images and text make it hard to read. :cool:

The guide isn't finished, there are still corrections.

Like the name suggests the Ranging Guild is a Guild where people go to range, To enter you must have have at least 40 (for information on how to achieve this visit the Range Guide) Range however you can enter at other levels with certain potions, Theres something for everyone here. It might be killing archers or maybe just doing the Minigame! Theres also a archer here who will sell you the Archers Skill Cape/Hood upon completion on achieving the hard task of 99 Range for 99,000gp.

Theres -> There's or There is

The Ranging Guild is located south of Seers Village and North of East Ardougne, You can use a Combat Bracelet to teleport to the guild or you can just walk! You can teleport to Camelot (45 Magic) and walk there or teleport to East Ardougne (51 Magic and Plauge City complete) and walk. Visit the Getting Around guide for other forms of transport that may suit you to get to the guild.

Plauge? Lol. It should be Plague.

Theres quite a few attractions in the Ranging Guild, Most of which help you to train.

Again, Theres -> There's or There is.

Training at the center tower

In the center of the guild there is a ladder located at the center of the guild, east of the entrance.

119ms8j.png

Once there climb up the ladder and accept the saftey precautions.

Talk to one of 4 saftey advisers and they will give you the same information.

dvgqc.png

4 should just be four, and saftey should be safety.

iyfvh3.png

If you are going to train for long periods here then it is recommended that you bring some food as the archers can/will deal damage on you and bring a longbow or a shortbow (on long range) then you're ready to go and fight.

Theres 4 diffrent towers ,North, East, South and West, Each one having diffrent level archers for you to train on;

Fix into this:

"There are four different towers...."

Theres 3 at every tower and they have a respwan rate at about 20-30 seconds.

2vx1w87.png

By God, can't you spell there?! >.<

Theres -> There are

respwan -> respawn

The Ranging Guild has a little Minigame that you might like to have a go at,

Here is where the minigame is,

2uhy0i9.png

Go to the south east corner and talk to the Competion Judge.

1twynt.png

Again, competion should be Competition.

Say "Sure i'll give it a go" and he will give you 10 bronze arrows for 200gp (you MUST spend 200gp on the arrows , As you can't bring any bronze arrows in to use!)

Capitalize i's.

You will be rewarded archery tokens for the amount of points you get Divided by 10, The maximum is 100 (1000 / 10 = 100) points per game.

Fore more information on this minigame visit the Archery Competion Guide

Competion - > Competition.

Ranging Guild Ticket Exchange

fz54qc.png

The tickets used to purchase items at this shop is explained above.

As well as being the only shop in the guild that needs the tickets it is also a good shop to buy some items that in other places in runescape would be unavalible.

runescape should be capitalized. Like cities, countries, etc., they needs to be capitalized.

unavalible should be unavailable.

Requirements: 40 Range or lower levels with certain potions.

You might want to list the "certain potions". That way someone with a lower level know what to do.

Introduction

Like the name suggests the Ranging Guild is a Guild where people go to range, To enter you must have have at least 40 (for information on how to achieve this visit the Range Guide) Range however you can enter at other levels with certain potions, There's something for everyone here. It might be killing archers or maybe just doing the Minigame! There's also a archer here who will sell you the Archers Skill Cape/Hood upon completion on achieving the hard task of 99 Range for 99,000gp.

How to get there

The Ranging Guild is located south of Seers Village and North of East Ardougne, You can use a Combat Bracelet to teleport to the guild or you can just walk! You can teleport to Camelot (45 Magic) and walk there or teleport to East Ardougne (51 Magic and Plague City complete) and walk. Visit the Getting Around guide for other forms of transport that may suit you to get to the guild.

1st bolded: Comma should be a Period.

2nd bolded: Part between brackets should come after Ranged followed by a comma.

3rd bolded: Period instead of comma

4th bolded: Period instead of comma

Attractions

There's quite a few attractions in the Ranging Guild, Most of which help you to train.

No: There are quite a few attractions

Once there climb up the ladder and accept the safety precautions.

Talk to one of four safety advisers and they will give you the same information.

Advisors

--Simple--

Thankyou for finding these simple mistakes!

you should include teleporting via a necklace of games, its faster

hows is it quicker? the closest place it teleports too is the barbarian outpost

Geyser Titans - Boosts your Ranged by 3% of your level and adds one to your new level.

Note, The Potions dont stack what they give you (So you can drink one and then another but the second one wont take effect) and also both potions are temorary

Change to:

Geyser Titans - Boots your Ranged by 3% of your level while adding one level to yours.

Note that the potions does NOT stack (E.g. drinking a potion and then another but it will not take effect), and also these are only temporarily.

Code.

[quote]Geyser Titans - Boots your Ranged by 3% of your level while adding one level to yours.

Note that the potions does NOT stack (E.g. drinking a potion and then another but it will not take effect), and also these are only temporarily.[/quote]

Also, to show more manner, why don't you find a picture of a Ranged potion with 3-4 doses? You can find them at our item database.

EDIT: The pic had one dose.

Edited by Spleen Cake

Geyser Titans - Boosts your Ranged by 3% of your level and adds one to your new level.

Note, The Potions dont stack what they give you (So you can drink one and then another but the second one wont take effect) and also both potions are temorary

Change to:

Geyser Titans - Boots your Ranged by 3% of your level while adding one level to yours.

Note that the potions does NOT stack (E.g. drinking a potion and then another but it will not take effect), and also these are only temporarily.

Code.

[quote]Geyser Titans - Boots your Ranged by 3% of your level while adding one level to yours.

Note that the potions does NOT stack (E.g. drinking a potion and then another but it will not take effect), and also these are only temporarily.[/quote]

Also, to show more manner, why don't you find a picture of a Ranged potion with 3-4 doses? You can find them at our item database.

Thank you! I did go to the item database but when i took the pic (i right clicked and copyed) it just got me one dose :box:

Change to:

Code.

Thank you! I did go to the item database but when i took the pic (i right clicked and copyed) it just got me one dose :box:

Problem solved:

rangepot.gif

[img=http://image1.desireful3.net/rangepot.gif]

Although it's really a Magic potion, but since it looks like as a Ranged potion, so you don't need to worry. :box:

EDIT:

Introduction

Like the name suggests the Ranging Guild is a Guild where people go to range. To enter you must have have at least 40 Range (for information on how to achieve this visit the Range Guide) however you can enter at other levels with certain potions (Shown below). There's something for everyone here. It might be killing archers or maybe just doing the Minigame! There's also a archer here who will sell you the Archers Skill Cape/Hood upon completion on achieving the hard task of 99 Range for 99,000gp.

Delete one repeated word.

Edited by Spleen Cake

Thankyou, Again, I will put in the pic and edit the intro.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.