Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Neo Avatars

Black Dragon

Name of Monster: Black Dragon

Examination: A fierce dragon with black scales!

Picture(s) of Monster: BlackDragon.png

Type of Monster: Dragon

Level: 227

Life Points: 1990

Drops: Dragon Bones (100%), Black Dragonhide (100%), Coins (196, 330, 346), Adamant Javelin (30), Adamant Dart (p) (16), Adamant Platebody, Adamantite Bar, Mithril Axe, Mithril Battleaxe, Rune Longsword, Law Rune (10), Loop Half of a Key, Tooth Half of a Key, Fire Rune (50), Dragonic Visage (Extremely Rare), Gold Charm (3), Green Charm (3), Crimson Charm (3), Blue Charm (3), Rune Knife (2), Chocolate Cake, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Spear, Mith 2h Sword, Starved Ancient Effigy, Clue Scroll (Hard & Elite)

Primary Locations: Taverly Dungeon, Evil Chicken's Lair, Lava Maze Dungeon

Description: These dragons can be safespotted and ranged safely in both Taverly Dungeon and the Evil Chicken's Lair. You should wear a Anti Dragon Shield or drink an antifire potion. If you don't, you will probably die very soon. They are the only dragons (other than metal dragons and the King Black Dragon) to drop Visages. They are weak to stab attacks.

Contributors: Neo Avatars, Mano, Roy, Ej_, Matt T, Magical, finisterra, Jacky, heb0, Randomness, Jacky

Edited by Rivel

3ut.gif

[IMG=http://i43.tinypic.com/3ut.gif]

They can also be found inside the Lava Maze Dungeon.

, [url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/lava_maze.html"]Lava Maze Dungeon[/url]

Edited by Dr Skull
Added + Added Points.

They also drop rune knife (2) and chocolate cake and adamant dart (p) (16).

The law runes are dropped in 10s, and I believe they also drop Dragon Meds but i'm not 100%.

Edited by Matt T
Added and linked. Law runes was already in the submission. I won't add Dragon Meds because you're not 100% sure. Thanks, Matt

You could also add another location but it' the KBD; would that still be classified as a black dragon? Or as it's own.

Edited by Dr Skull
The KBD is different.

I can confirm that they drop Dragon meds AND dragon spears.

I knew I saw a pic somewhere, Thomas the Tank had pics of both being dropped on his log a while back, I'll give links to pics.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj226/s...blackdragon.jpg

EDIT- second image didn't work :cool:

EDIT2- Just got Mith 2h from them, I forgot about this drop >.<

Edited by Ej_

You've put adamant dart twice.

Adamant Dart (p) (16), Adamant Platebody, Adamantite Bar, Mithril Axe, Mithril Battleaxe, Rune Longsword, Law Rune (10), Loop Half of a Key, Tooth Half of a Key, Fire Rune (50), Dragonic Visage (extremely rare), Gold Charm (3), Green Charm (3), Crimson Charm (3), Blue Charm (3), Rune Knife (2), Chocolate Cake, Adamant Dart (p, 16)

The second one is differently written to the first, so is it deliberate?

~Magical

Add that the Draconic Visage is about 1/20,000 I believe, and 1/18,000 with a Ring of Wealth. I'm not sure but, I think those are the odds of getting a visage from a Black Dragon. From a Mithril Dragon it is like... 1/10,000 or something.

~Vincent

Add that the Draconic Visage is about 1/20,000 I believe, and 1/18,000 with a Ring of Wealth. I'm not sure but, I think those are the odds of getting a visage from a Black Dragon. From a Mithril Dragon it is like... 1/10,000 or something.

~Vincent

If you aren't sure about the odds, why add them in? They seem a bit off, especially because for the D Chain, using a Ring of Wealth increases the drop rate almost two-fold.

Add Runite bar to drop list >.<

Edited by Ej_

I really don't kill these much, but I know for a fact that they drop lv3 clue scrolls:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/itemdb/ViewItem.php?ItemID=260

Luke >.<

Shouldn't you add that you need an anti dfire shield or a pot to melee them?

Also as I've seen people with baby black dragons (summ) I guess that they drop eggs.

Edited by President-Elect Skull
I added the first part. Not sure about the eggs though. Can anyone confirm this?

ok umm they

drop: mith 2h , silver ors 100 noted , chaos tally . nature tally , dragonstone? , left of the dragon shield , 15 blood rune

i guess thats all i got in my mind

ok umm they

drop: mith 2h , silver ors 100 noted , chaos tally . nature tally , dragonstone? , left of the dragon shield , 15 blood rune

Are you sure on the ore, chaos tally, or the dragon stone, I have killed 2k of these and had none of these? >.<

Shouldn't you add that you need an anti dfire shield or a pot to melee them?

Also as I've seen people with baby black dragons (summ) I guess that they drop eggs.

Confirmation for President-Elect Skull:

8vxnpe.png

They're a dragon drop and are available in four colors so since there are four colors of dragons to slay (not counting metal dragons) a Black dragon drop a black dragon egg.

Edited by Roy

ok umm they

Are you sure on the ore, chaos tally, or the dragon stone, I have killed 2k of these and had none of these? >.<

yea i am sure but for the dragonstone i put a question mark that i'm not sure about that one

May want to add that they are the only Chromatic Dragons to drop a Visage and they are weak to stab.

Edited by heb0
+1 for two corrections/additions ~heb0~

Drops Starved Ancient Effigys

and drops hard and elite clue scrolls.

Edited by Rivel
+1 Point -Rivel