Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Leo

The Land Of Habok

OOC: Snows: Definitely; PM me with your idea and I’ll take a look.

Mightyox: App accepted. As a recap, a race of humans known as the Ancients have woken up from a millennia-long sleep and come up underground from the continents of Habok and Novogrudek to take back the planet they feel was theirs. If you look on the map, they’ve taken both Olimandias and Boka and are laying siege to Karn as well.

Hope that’s good enough info. :wizard:

IC: Feeling his vision continue to feel blurry as he tried to get to his feet, Leo shook his head several times and reached for the back of it; he felt a rather large egg forming there. What in the name of Zus did he hit me with? Thankfully, one of the nearby Habokian soldiers splashed a substantial amount of water onto his face, allowing the dwarf to freshen up. “Thanks,” he murmured, handing the man his own water pouch. Wiping his face, he got to his feet and retrieved his weapon. Surprisingly, Leo found the worm decapitated, and turned to Solos, whom was speaking to him in an apologetic tone. “It’s not a problem,” he said in response right before the former turned and called out to somebody else; almost immediately, a female armed with a rapier or longsword walked up to the dwarf, she said, “My name is Isa, and I'm a reaper like Solos, so let's deal with any awkwardness about that confrontation now.”

Shaking her hand for a brief moment, Leo said, “Welcome, Isa. Like I said to Solos, it’s all good with you. I’m not a very grudging person, depending on who you ask.” Turning to the rest of the soldiers, he gave them a signal pointing towards Boka; they immediately moved out, with Tiresias giving Leo a curt nod and following them. The dwarf then turned back to Isa.

“I suppose you will be joining us on our campaign against the Ancients?”

------------------------------------------

OOC: More stuff about the Ancients; essentially, it’s how Dom escapes from Laris’ guards and tries to make his way out of Olimandias. Not necessary to read unless you really want to.

The assault by Laris’s Ancients on their former leader Dom had been going on for almost three hours. The besiegers had even been rotating shifts due to the fact their energy weapons were starting to wear off in power output. If not for the fact I’ve just been usurped, this is actually quite amusing, thought Dom. Fortunately, his shield had enough power to hold out for a minimum of 30 hours at the rate of fire, but at any attempt to move would cut that down drastically; the Ancients’ technology was not advanced enough for portableness. However, after a few more minutes of pondering the subject, Dom came up with what he felt was a good solution to his current dilemma.

The next shift began rotating, and Dom finally made his move. Shutting off the shield, he sprinted towards the nearest window and threw himself through it; the energy blasts immediately began flying again, with one of them hitting the Ancient in the side. Flying downwards towards a tower, Dom waited for the critical moment, and then activated his shield just before making impact with the top. It worked.

The shield lost its power with his huge momentum, but protected Dom from the majority of the impact from hitting the building. Falling down several stories, he finally came to a stop near the bottom of the structure when the shield’s power finally gave out. Cursing and tossing it to the side, Dom got to his feet, wincing in pain as he felt the newly carved-out wound in his side. It’ll heal, he told himself. Thankfully, none of his bones were broken, and as soon as he managed to get a good step going, Dom limped the rest of the way down the stairway, wondering what he could do next.

Meanwhile, those Ancients still loyal to Dom, including his brother, friends, and child, were swiftly brought to the Tower and executed without cause. By doing this, Laris ensured completely control of the Ancient civilization and was ready to carry out his ultimate plans.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.

As to Mightyox, maybe you could have been attacking a smaller village around Oliminades, which got hit by the Ancients first, and because they stole the money you wanted from the town/killed one of your valued crew, you attack the ancients at Oliminades, and we try and stop you from killing yourself, and so on and so forth.

((Got it. Sorry for taking so long to reply.))

Simeon's face was red with anger. Drats! How dare those Ancients try to take my crew's money?! He snapped to himself. It wasn't exactly his or his crew's money, but you know how young men like Simeon are when they're angry, especially with someone talking what they wanted. He knew that his crew wouldn't blame him for not being able to claim the money first, but he didn't want to give up so easily.

But what was he going to do? He swiped back his brown hair, feeling sweat glisten on his palm. The Ancients were already Oliminades. He knew he could reach it easily because he was already close buy, but what then? He couldn't just be a gentlemen and ask with his sweetest smile, "May I please have your money? I know you took it first, but I wanted it first." Of course, he wouldn't be able to do that to a three year-old either, let alone the Ancients.

He looked at his scabbard hanging from his red belt. Inside was a shining bronze scimitar; a little crude, but still sharp and deadly. He never really fought with anything else besides this weapon. It would've been a cool story if it was a sword presented to him ever since he was a child, but no, consequently it wasn't. His very first weapon was a steel dagger, but it proved to be too small in later looting, so on his fifteen birthday he was allowed to chose a weapon from the enemy ship's weaponry and thus chose the bronze dagger. It's been with him for three years already.

The only way to get the money back...was to pursue the Ancients. But would he be able to? He pondered on this for awhile. No one was allowed to take something rightfully belonging to his crew. It was always like that from the beginning of his life. And he had much experience with fighting. Fighting enemy ships was too easy. Today he was going to challenge himself with something harder and walk out as the victor.

Turning around on his heels, he made up his mind. He was going to travel from Lindara to Oliminades to take back what was supposed to be his.

Edited by Mightyox2

OOC: If your guy is heading towards Olimandias, make sure that he sneaks around a lot, since there are probably several hundred to a thousand Ancients in there by now. :(

IC: Taking a break in an alley several blocks from the Tower, Dom ducked into what was left of a bungalow and took a break. So far, he had managed to round up some other Ancients that had heard of Laris’s actions and chose to join Dom; the Ancient himself wasn’t sure whether the group he was now in charge of could make a difference. Laris’s got this city, plus the one just north of it, and is probably invading the second continent as well. I suppose we do have to try. Gripping his weapon tightly, Dom turned to his men with an idea in mind, even though he felt that the majority of them probably wouldn’t like it..

“Here’s what we’re going to do,” he began, turning to the Ancients around him. “That Leo Crimson fellow and his friends are probably somewhere on the northern region of this continent; we’re gonna go find them and offer them an agreement.”

“Like what?” grunted one of the Ancients.

“Like working with them to overthrow Laris before he can kill us all,” replied Dom.

“Aren’t they the ones we just tried to kill after waking up?” questioned one of the other Ancients. “It seems a bit odd to be working with our mortal enemies.”

Siging in exasperation, Dom ran a hand through his hair. This is gonna be hard to explain. “Look, at this point,” he said harshly, “Laris is the greater of two evils. Working with these people, considering the kind of manpower they have, may be our only way to win this war. After that, we can decide on further actions. Any more questions or can we actually leave now?”

With none left, the group got to their feet and made their way north towards the city of Karn.

OOC: K, no prob. I suppose the only thing the rest of us can do is walk north to some city and fight the Ancients or something.

It's been a long time since I've posted and checked back on the RP. Can someone tell me what's going on with our characters' main group?

OOC: Sorry I haven't been on in so long, I'll have an IC up soon.

OOC: Sorry I haven’t been on for awhile; been trying to get back into school shape, but hopefully I’ll have more time from now on. :(

IC: Creaking open the side door that led out of the city of Olimandias, Dom ducked his head out first to make sure the coast was clear, and then signaled to his fellow Ancient fugitives to follow. Quickly but sure, the three dozen or so rebels made their way across the fields of the Lindara province to the north, where Dom said that most of Laris’ forces were heading to. With any luck, he explained, we’ll run into some of the natives and forge some sort of an alliance with them.

Most doubted the latter was possible. However, after about half an hour’s trek from Olimandias, Dom could sense the approaching presence of additional people. “Down,” he said immediately, dropping down to hide in the long grass. As the Ancients stopped, so did the strangers approaching them. For a moment, there was silence…and then…

A torch blazed out in the darkness. “Dom, surrender or face immediate death!” shouted an authoritative voice. “Give yourself up now, and Laris will show you mercy.”

Looking to their leader for instructions, the fugitives held onto their weapons; giving a shrug, Dom readied his spear. “Have at them!” he roared, getting to his feet and charging the other Ancients. The battle was quick and swift, with both sides dealing each other terrible blows.

OOC: As for now, I really don’t know what to say with Leo, so I guess anyone could just throw something in about heading for another city or something. :D

Edited by Leo Crimson

WHAT IS THIS? SOMEONE APPEARS AFTER MORE THAN TWO MONTHS TO DO THIS? HELL YEAH!

See if you can figure out who I am. :(

IC: Kevin awoke in a forest. At least... that's what he thought it was. Twisting trees of brown wood confused him, as he got up. It was nighttime, yet there were no stars or moon in the sky. Was... was this reality? He quickly got up from where he lay and walked around.

"Hello?" he asked out loud.

His voice echoed eerily around the forest, however receiving no response. He stood in an extremely small clearing. He looked at his feet and in surprise discovered no underbrush... let alone any signs of life. He decided to attempt to breach the wall of twisting trees around him. Yet as he was about to walk through two, they twisted and crackled to warm an unpassable barier.

Kevin was taken aback, and he took a step back. From the side, one tree sot its branches out behind his leg so he tripped.

"AH!" he screamed.

He landed ungracefully on his bottom, eyes wide in fear and breath beginning to quicken.

A whispery voice then spoke,

"In this maze of twists and turns,

It's hard not to gather burns,

However don't find your way out,

You'll be dead, I have no doubt..."

"Who just said that?" Kevin asked fearfully.

Laughter. Mad laughter. Echoing, dancing around the small clearing. Mad, insane laughter. The forest went ablaze.

Kevin close his eyes and shook his head back and forth, "STOP!" he commanded.

A surprised gasp followed by the deforestation of the trees answered. Crying now, yet again, he collapsed on the ground, suddenly drained of any strands of energy, and fell asleep.

He woke up once more. Not in that dreadful forest, but leaning inside a small... hut? Is that what they were called? A small hut that was quite small and looked cozy. He lay in bed, under a simple sheet of linen on a harder-than-he-would've-liked mattress. There was a cold towel on his head. He glanced sidelongingly to see a man sat on a chair nearby, looking deep in thought.

Somehow not startled at all, he snuggled deeper into the covers and glanced to his side once more and queried, "Who... who are you?"

OOC: Rabbit, says so in your profile in RS names. :(

IC: Listening and pacing around as one of his lieutenants from Olimandias relayed bad news, Laris was fuming and could not believe what he was hearing. The fact Dom managed to get away is bad news, he grimaced. If the former leader of the Ancients was able to rendezvous, say, with the indigenous Habokians, it would be very bad for the former as a whole. All our secrets to the enemy; our underground tunnel network, the source of our powers, all released to the public. Wishing he could vomit all his fears away, Laris pushed that aside and tried to focus on how to solve the issue.

“Sir?” he heard the messenger ask uncertainly. “Your orders, sir?”

Realizing his knees were buckling heavily, Laris regained his composure and faced the messenger with a pained look on his face. “Recall all forces not involved in the invasions of the two northern cities,” he said weakly. “I want them either securing the southern plains from any possible attack or searching for Dom and his fellow conspirators.”

“Yes, m’lord. Right away.”

Turning down another tunnel as the messenger left, Laris grabbed a torch from a bracket on the wall and made his way forward. I suppose I don’t really have any other choice left, he thought heavily. Personally, he seriously doubted that the foot soldiers would be able to track one that had come up with literally every search tactic in the history of the Ancients. The only real solution in Laris’ problem was at the end of this tunnel.

--------------------------------------------

He awoke.

The first thing he saw was darkness, which was not really a sight at all. No sooner had his moved his right arm upwards than light illuminated the cavern that he was in; several tunnel entrances could be seen on the walls, leading to unknown locations. Was that my doing? he wondered. The arm he was gazing at was coloured jet-black, as was the rest of what appeared to be a metallic body. I am a mechanical being, then. A robot. Almost immediately, he thought, How did I know that? What kind of information do I have? Who am I? Where am I? What am I doing here? The questions continued to pile up, until the robot could feel that his brain could no longer handle the pressure. Must…stop…the questions.

All of a sudden, as though it had popped right into his mind, the robot felt somewhat of an objective appear: kill all peoples that are not of the Ancient species. What are Ancients? As though his thoughts had been heeded, information began filling inside his brain about the Ancients, their civilization, its history, and those called ‘Habokians’ he was meant to kill. Although he was still unsure of why he was supposed to kill people on the basis they weren’t part of a specific group, the robot felt that focusing on the task helped ease the pressure on his brain somewhat. Another piece of information presented itself, and the robot filtered that into his new mission directive. My name is Prospero. I will eliminate all those termed under the name ‘Habokian. Details of the planet Verden and the tunnel network he was in right now appeared and guided him to the quickest route to the surface.

Moving towards the nearest tunnel exit, Prospero picked up a spear off the ground and proceeded to make his way aboveground with long and purposeful strides; after all, he had a mission to carry out.

Out of the shadows stepped Laris, a satisfied grin on his face. Now, at last, we will win this war.

OOC: Double post/major bump, but hopefully this’ll stir up a bit of activity.

IC: Now turning to the group of Habokians and others as a whole, Leo shouldered his axe and began to talk. “Now that this is all good, I suppose next we’ll have to-”

The dwarf never finished his sentence, as a giant chasm opened in the ground and several tentacles snaked up and dragged him down; Leo didn’t even have enough time for a scream. “Get back!” shouted one of his lieutenants, as several Ancients began to climb out of the same hole; however, these Ancients were different from the others. They had what appeared to be mechanical wings screwed to their backsides; their faces had bestial-like expressions, and seemed to be more savage in an overall fashion. As the chasm closed up, the Ancients immediately attacked the Habokians, their moves and actions more ferocious than those the soldiers of the Second Alliance had fought before.

Drawing his blade and gripping it tightly with both hands, the lieutenant went head to head with the Ancient group leader. “Hold them!” he shouted unnecessarily. “And somebody try to see if the General’s still alive!”

-------------------------------------------

As the robot named Prospero finally reached the end of the tunnel that led to the surface, the first thing he saw was the bright rays of the sun, illuminating a new day on the planet of Verden. So this is what the real world is like. Fortunately for him, Prospero’s brain was already filled with information about the world and general universe itself; in essence, he possessed all the knowledge of the Ancients and their predecessors. And yet, for some reason the directive to attack all known Habokians continued to nag at his brain, even though Prospero felt that it was of foreign nature compared to the rest of his knowledge base. It also seemed to Prospero that whenever he attempted to push the matter out of his mind, more than a few of his minor systems would begin shutting down or malfunctioning until the directive was given a higher priority. Is this what I’m meant to do, kill and destroy?

After passing through several fields and crops, Prospero finally caught a glimpse of a city on the distant horizon. Irondum, the database informed him. City of the dwarves, whom were also classified as ‘Habokians’. What better place to start this…mission that I’ve been given? As soon as he thought that, the robot’s systems began to ease up and action became much easier.

With no idea what lay for him ahead, Prospero readied his weapon and made his way towards the dwarven capital.

"What the hell?" Rahu launched several bolts of black lightning at the monsters, bringing them down, but they slowly got back up. "These things were supposed to be discontinued! Take off their heads!"

“Thanks for the advice!” shouted back the lieutenant with no sarcasm intended in his voice (unfortunately, the best compliments also bring along some of that with them). Ducking out of the swing of one of the hybrids, he brought his sword up high and swung it downwards. It took a few more strikes, but the lieutenant finally managed to decapitate the ‘experimental’ Ancient. Unfortunately, he was then stabbed repeatedly by another one of the winged monsters.

And there was still no sign of Leo emerging from the chasm.

-----------------------------------------

“Identify yourself, traveler!” ordered a dwarf guard with his sword raised in defence. He and a contingent of dwarves were moving towards Prospero, who merely walked on calmly as though there was no difference in the world to him. I must act fearless, or they will not hesitate to attack me, thought the robot. Still, he was feeling uncertainty at the goal that continued to push itself through his brain; Prospero did not want to kill anybody, but the order was so strong that he decided to compromise.

Watching straight towards the dwarf leader, Prospero raised his hands and concentrated as the small squad of soldiers surrounded him; within seconds, a bright light had built up to full strength from a whole in his chest, stunning all those in the near vicinity and leaving only Prospero standing. With his job finished, he next moved on towards the city proper.

IC:

Blake jumped down the chasm after Leo, past the new ancients, and reached Leo's legs. He cut the tentacles holding him and more kept coming and coming. Leo managed to get his axe an help. After a short spam of time, Leo and Blake fell in a series of tunnels, Ancients running everywhere. 

"This must be their way of traversing Habok. Let's find their main headquarters." Blake said as more of their company fell down next to them.

OOC: Guess we're waiting on the others?

And, Leo, if that was to much control of your character, I apologize. 

OOC: Nah, its fine, but it would probably be better if your character reacted more to the fact that he just fell into a huge network of hidden underground tunnels. :(

And yeah, I’m just waiting for the others to kill off the hybrids, and then move on something else or whatnot. Still trying to figure out what to do with this chapter. :D

IC: Falling into the tunnels with a loud thump, Leo’s first sight were Ancients moving around; before any of them could get a good look at the newcomers, the dwarf cast a large shadow field that encompassed both himself and Blake.

Listening to the explanation given, Leo agreed with it. “They probably spent their years in existence digging this as a backup or something,” he observed, the shadow field still active. “Let’s head down this one and see what we can find.” With that, the dwarf readied his axe and made his way down the larger tunnel.

OOC: If you want, Sea, you can make up a creature or some kind of encounter for our characters.

OoC: Now I shall do my best to revive this RP. Forgive me if my memory of what's been going on is a little fuzzy and I get some details mixed up.

IC: Steve's liquid metal arm morphed into a mace, and he swung it upward into one of the winged Ancient's jaws, smashing it to pieces and ripping the lower half of his face apart into a bloody mess. The Ancient took a step back and tried to scream, but couldn't now that his mouth was a complete mess. The only thing that happened was that blood spurted out of his open throat. The Ancient's strength slowly left him as he died, and he fell to his knees. Steve's arm morphed into an axe, and he swung it down into the Ancient's skull, splitting it open. The Ancient died instantly, and his brains slowly oozed out of the wound. Steve ripped his arm out of the Ancient's skull as another Ancient lunged at him. His arm morphed into a sword, and he parried the Ancient's attack. Then he manouevered his sword around and knocked the Ancient's weapon out of the way, giving Steve an opening to attack the Ancient, which he did. His arm morphed into a dagger, and he stabbed the Ancient in the heart. With that done, he ran to the hole that Leo and another companion had disappeared into and saw hordes of Ancients moving around underground. No way am I going down there, Steve thought. Didn't matter what he thought though, because at that moment with his back turned, and Ancient swung at Steve with his sword, making a large gash in his back and sending him down in the opening. He fell on his back. Several Ancients attacked him, but he killed them all. Then he ran off down the way he saw Leo and the other person run, covered in blood and battle wounds. Scorpion, after staving off a few of those Ancients himself, jumped down the hole and followed after as well.

OOC: Scorpion, you wanna make up the enemy our characters run into in the tunnels?

IC: Moving silently down the Ancient tunnels with Blake leading the way, Leo heard a scrape behind him and instinctively whirled around; another surprise stared him in the face.

“Scorpion! How did you get down here so quickly?” said the dwarf.

-----------------------------------------

The gates of Irondum were destroyed, along with most of its sentry towers and outposts on the outer walls. Walking through the streets as he went, Prospero blasted opposing dwarves with beams of light from his hands, causing them to reel backwards and flee the scene. Soon enough, all of Irondum was emptied, with its population retreating into the mines below and barricading the entrances; oddly enough to the dwarves, none of them had been or seriously injured, just stunned or bruised. No longer interested in the fleeing people, Prospero’s next instructions that popped into his head were to search the city’s administrative centers for any information regarding strategic military plans to counterattack the Ancients’ siege. This is of great importance, the ‘Voice’ insisted. Still unsure of where this was all leading up to, Prospero merely shrugged and carried on with his task.

Blasting down the door with one of his energy beams, Prospero walked into what seemed to be a large office filled with desks and paper. This must be it, he thought triumphantly. Ruffling through the papers on every desk with efficiency, taking mere seconds to completely scan and read them, the robot finally came across a pile that seemed to have what he was looking for. It read:

Ancients moving through Habokian cities with ease; must regroup on continent of Novogrudek in Arbiter’s Grounds or mountains. Spread word to General Crimson’s forces to move immediately.

There, the writing stopped abruptly, as though the writer was interrupted. Probably by my attack. Tossing the parchment aside, Prospero sat and pondered his options; he could either return to the underground tunnels where he was constructed, or give chase to this General Crimson himself. Since he had no idea who his master was, assuming he had one, the robot chose to follow the latter option and made his way out of Irondum, towards the continent of Novogrudek.