Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chocncoke

Best Barrows Armour And Weapon?

Question

I'm just about to get 70 defence and already have 70 attack and strength. I was wondering, which is the best armour and/or weapon (I have a whip atm; should I get a barrows weapon instead?)?

Thanks in advance >.<

Edited by chocncoke

9 answers to this question

Torag's is best for Defence bonus, but DO NOT use the weapon, although it trains Str.

If you want a really useful set, use Guthan's for healing if you have around 4M

They all have different uses:

Ahrim's for mages, Karil's for rangers.

Torag's is for defense.

Dharok's is good for training and hitting high.

Verac's for PVP.

Guthan's is good for staying at a certain training spot for days, it eliminates the need for food.

If any of those relate to what you're doing, buy it. >.<

I'm just about to get 70 defence and already have 70 attack and strength. I was wondering, which is the best armour and/or weapon (I have a whip atm; should I get a barrows weapon instead?)?

Thanks in advance >.<

daroks amour with guthans helm if cant affourd plate get bassard

Thanks in advance >.<

daroks amour with guthans helm if cant affourd plate get bassard

Don't listen to that one, he can't even wield barrows yet :cool: I don't suggest using barrows weapons at all, unless you are after a set effect (healing, hitting through prayer)... I would say to get torags plate legs and helm because its good defense, or if you can afford it guthans is very handy to have (full set)... I don't really care for verac's, but thats just my opinion. Dh is amazing if you are training somewhere where you can keep low hp, other than that i wouldn't buy it.

Torag's Helm has the best defence.

All the platebodies and platelegs of the melee brothers have the same def stats, but verac gives a prayer bonus.

Do not go for a barrows weapon, you'll find an Abyssal Whip much more effective.

First of all no barrows weapon (excluding the karil's x-bow) should be used alone

@micronblast, verac's plate is significantly weaker than torag's or dharok

karils: This is mostly used for magic, range or summoning defence because its equivilent or worse than black d hide in all other aspects. The crossbow is a good pk weapon.

Ahrims: Really the best magic robes, with good defence and magic attack bonuses

Torags: best for defensive situations, cheap and very effective armor

Dharoks: The best for training (assuming you have the full set) its also great for pking and combat minigames

Guthans: Good defence and great for slayer or camping at a place

Veracs: This is my personal favoirite because of the prayer bonus. Its extremely useful for situations like fight caves, kalphite queen and duel tournaments.

Edited by Funny Bunny

First of all no barrows weapon (excluding the karil's x-bow) should be used alone

@micronblast, verac's plate is significantly weaker than torag's or dharok

karils: This is mostly used for magic, range or summoning defence because its equivilent or worse than black d hide in all other aspects. The crossbow is a good pk weapon.

Ahrims: Really the best magic robes, with good defence and magic attack bonuses

Torags: best for defensive situations, cheap and very effective armor

Dharoks: The best for training (assuming you have the full set) its also great for pking and combat minigames

Guthans: Good defence and great for slayer or camping at a place

Veracs: This is my personal favoirite because of the prayer bonus. Its extremely useful for situations like fight caves, kalphite queen and duel tournaments.

*Double Checks* True.

So best melee combo would be: Torag's Helm, Torag/Dharok/Guthan Body, Verac's Skirt?

Ahrims: Magic.

Karil: Range.

Dharoks: Strength .

Guthans: Hitpoints.

Torags: Defence.

Verac: Prayer.

~Danish382, >.<