Do You Smoke?

^_^  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, and I am trying to quit.
    • No, But I am going to try it.

It's funny, all you guys saying you hate the smell of cigarette smoke... I like it >.< (Oddly enough, a lot more than smoking itself.)

I tried it out for a month or two, didn't really find anything happy coming from it, so I stopped :cool:

It's a good thing you did stop, but try and keep down the passive smoking, it is harmful to you, even if you don't realise it.

On the contrary, I personally make it a habit of mine to inhale smoke from other people. It makes me happy inside.

Am I like the only person who doesn't like it and will tell people to stop it if I see them doing it in public?

~Magical

See now that's just rude.

If that actually did happen. The smoker could easily of said "stop walking, pull down your pants and I'll feel you up". Some things are best unsaid.

i dont smoke and never ever will...

i even got the same stuff in my longs as about... 200+ ciggarettes, without ever touching a single one >_>

i dont smoke and never ever will...

i even got the same stuff in my longs as about... 200+ ciggarettes, without ever touching a single one >_>

Your longs hurt?

610x.jpg

lung.jpg

Beware smokers.. of the evils of smoke!

never tried never will. most of the people i know smoke i ask my friends if they will smoke and they say yes.most people think it makes you look cool.

How does it make you look cool? It's probably the dumbest looking thing ever. I'm glad I don't smoke. I'd rather not die thank you very much.

Now that's just confusing, you just said "I saw some movies with people smoking and it looked really cool so I took it up. Not to be vain or anything, but I gotta admit it makes me look pretty damn cool."

Either you were being sarcastic one of two times, but I do not know which time you were.

It does make you look cool (I explained earlier) anyone who doesn't think it does is probably really young and will start to smoke when they are older anyways.

If people didn't think it was cool then they wouldn't have it in the movies.

I don't smoke, the smell doesn't taste smell very good and I don't want lung cancer.

EDIT:

the smell doesn't taste good...?

Whoops. x_x

Edited by Shmoe

I am so sick of all this putrid altruism. Just because something is detrimental to one's health does not make it immoral or evil.

I will smoke and continue to smoke, because I choose to. Fully knowing all the health risks that accompany said act, I take upon myself all risks. Anyone who tries to stop me simply because smoking is bad for my health, is trying to deny my life and live their life through me.

Proud to be a smoker every day. Do not tell people how to live their life.

Agreed.

Although most of the users saying these things are young, so they have been brainwashed to make smoking seem bad.

Once the get older they will see how smoking is really not all that bad and actually is a status symbol. If you see someone smoking a cigar you will think to yourself "Damn, that guy must be powerful and rich and looks badass" and if you see someone, like an old man smoking a pipe outside the grocery store you think to yourself "That man has been through a lot, he is very wise" a cigarette though is just representation of the every man, but still makes you admired.

I don't even inhale when I smoke, I appreciate the fine smell of the smoke produced by tobacco and the power you feel while you are smoking.

The first thing you said was wrong as smoking does damage your health. It's been proven by hundreds, possibly thousands of studies that the smoke has detrimental effects. I don't mind if people are fully aware of these risks and continue to smoke, it's their choice. I just don't see the point.

About the appearance thing then I have to disagree again. I've made many films so done lots of research what people feel when they see certain people with certain traits. A person with a cigar is often seen as either one of two things: Someone who either overspends their money and has little respect for monetary objects or a high ranking criminal. An old man with a pipe isn't necessarily seen as wise anymore. The reactions I gained mainly strayed towards being lonely. Lastly, I don't see the cigarette as a representation of the everyday man, more of the lower class. I know that is possibly an unfair stereotype but whenever I see someone smoking I get this idea of them being unclean or shady. Maybe it is that the smoke just smells really bad to me.

Going back to the filming, the only time I have smoked was during the filming we did. I was playing the teenage part of the story of how a hitman grew up. The hitman had a signature which was that he would light a cigarette every time he killed someone outside of a job, and as a teenage he bought a pack of cigarettes and he said he'd kill himself when he smoked them all. I as the teenage version had to smoke two cigarettes. And to be honest, they tasted disgusting. The smoke just felt like it was suffocating me and it just smelt horrible. Which made me wonder why people would ever do it.

NO. and i will NEVER even TRY it in my ENTIRE life.

I am so sick of all this putrid altruism. Just because something is detrimental to one's health does not make it immoral or evil.

I will smoke and continue to smoke, because I choose to. Fully knowing all the health risks that accompany said act, I take upon myself all risks. Anyone who tries to stop me simply because smoking is bad for my health, is trying to deny my life and live their life through me.

Proud to be a smoker every day. Do not tell people how to live their life.

Agreed.

Although most of the users saying these things are young, so they have been brainwashed to make smoking seem bad.

Once the get older they will see how smoking is really not all that bad and actually is a status symbol. If you see someone smoking a cigar you will think to yourself "Damn, that guy must be powerful and rich and looks badass" and if you see someone, like an old man smoking a pipe outside the grocery store you think to yourself "That man has been through a lot, he is very wise" a cigarette though is just representation of the every man, but still makes you admired.

I don't even inhale when I smoke, I appreciate the fine smell of the smoke produced by tobacco and the power you feel while you are smoking.

The first thing you said was wrong as smoking does damage your health. It's been proven by hundreds, possibly thousands of studies that the smoke has detrimental effects. I don't mind if people are fully aware of these risks and continue to smoke, it's their choice. I just don't see the point.

About the appearance thing then I have to disagree again. I've made many films so done lots of research what people feel when they see certain people with certain traits. A person with a cigar is often seen as either one of two things: Someone who either overspends their money and has little respect for monetary objects or a high ranking criminal. An old man with a pipe isn't necessarily seen as wise anymore. The reactions I gained mainly strayed towards being lonely. Lastly, I don't see the cigarette as a representation of the everyday man, more of the lower class. I know that is possibly an unfair stereotype but whenever I see someone smoking I get this idea of them being unclean or shady. Maybe it is that the smoke just smells really bad to me.

Going back to the filming, the only time I have smoked was during the filming we did. I was playing the teenage part of the story of how a hitman grew up. The hitman had a signature which was that he would light a cigarette every time he killed someone outside of a job, and as a teenage he bought a pack of cigarettes and he said he'd kill himself when he smoked them all. I as the teenage version had to smoke two cigarettes. And to be honest, they tasted disgusting. The smoke just felt like it was suffocating me and it just smelt horrible. Which made me wonder why people would ever do it.

Well....yes you are right it is unhealthy but if you do things like space out your smokes, smoke natural tobacco, and excersize regularly, the risk of health defects is greatly reduced.

Interesting story though.....

I like tobacco. If you give me a cigarette or a cigar I'll smoke it, but I never spend money on that stuff. I also don't want to get hooked because I was told that it loses its magic if you smoke everyday. I also gotta keep my lungs healthy for sports.

Yes, but not frequently. I might go through a (10) packet in 2 weeks or so.

That much smoking isn't damaging to my health, plus I like the feeling it gets me. I'm always very tempted to smoke more, but will is key >.<

Never have, to be honest I don't know why I would.

I originally told myself I would never even try it, but then I did, and it's a lot of fun. I make sure to only to do it at parties when it's accompanied by massive alcohol intake. >.<

No, and never. Smoking's disgusting, imo, because honestly, smoking does nothing but add harmful chemicals into the lungs. And the money--I have much better things to spend the money on.

Sometimes teens are "brainwashed" into thinking smoking's "cool," especially by the media and all the ads portraying beautiful/popular people holding cigarettes. But really, smoking has a lot of health risks and I'm staying far, far away from it.

I've smoked a dried grass thing if that counts.

I like tobacco. If you give me a cigarette or a cigar I'll smoke it, but I never spend money on that stuff. I also don't want to get hooked because I was told that it loses its magic if you smoke everyday. I also gotta keep my lungs healthy for sports.

Same with me and singing. I only do it around once or twice a month. And I don't smoke anything, just anything with menthol. At least I have some standards for the harzards I put my body through. >.<

And I think dipping tobacco is much more harmful than smoking. Yet you never see "Don't dip" commercials. 1 tin of dip is about 3 packs of cigarettes. Usually people who are heavy dip users die at a pretty young age. It's because it does so much more than cigarettes because of the amount of nicotine. Makes smoking look like playing tag.

If you have any curiousity about it, just don't do it. It's way more addictive than cigarettes and most people don't know it unless they try it. What sucks about dipping and smoking is, you'll never know how bad it is until you're on that hospital bed diagnosed with tons of diseases. I'm here talking about it and I still don't know how bad it is.

I've tried a cigarette before, when I was young and curious. I hated it and quickly stomped it on the ground.

I've never smoked since, and never will smoke.

On a completely unrelated subject: I just found out my mom does not have breast cancer! The doctors found something suspicious, wanted to check it out... It turned out to be nothing. >.<

Sometimes teens are "brainwashed" into thinking smoking's "cool," especially by the media and all the ads portraying beautiful/popular people holding cigarettes. But really, smoking has a lot of health risks and I'm staying far, far away from it.

I don't condone smoking, and I probably shouldn't do it, even as sparingly as I do, but smoking IS cool. You have fire like 3 inches from your face! Awesome.

never gonna smoke

aren't there 4,000+ chemicals in a cigarette? ugh.

and I hear being addicted is a pretty bad experience. People really need to get off smoking, because it's going to sneak up on them and get them one day.

I don't condone smoking, and I probably shouldn't do it, even as sparingly as I do, but smoking IS cool. You have fire like 3 inches from your face! Awesome.

Oh yeah! Whenever I have a bon-fire at my house, I always put my face 3 inches away from the flames! >.<

I'll never understand why smoking is so cool to some people. But, oh well..

I don't smoke, the smell doesn't taste very good and I don't want lung cancer.

:D

Oh yeah! Whenever I have a bon-fire at my house, I always put my face 3 inches away from the flames! >.<

When you see someone smoking, don't you envy them? I am being completely serious. Maybe I am just shallow, but it just is cool. Don't do it because it's popular, do it because it's cool. :cool:

I don't smoke, the smell doesn't taste very good and I don't want lung cancer.

:D

When you see someone smoking, don't you envy them? I am being completely serious. Maybe I am just shallow, but it just is cool. Don't do it because it's popular, do it because it's cool. :cool:

No joke, man. Say what you will about the harmful side effects, but I think you really have to admit that smoking IS in fact cool.

No and I don't intend to start trying. (When ur Mom's a nurse and Dad's a doctor, u get enough facts about smoking to scare u for life. Horray for medical brainwashing >.< !!!)