Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ihatebacon56

Transferring Music

Alright, I am trying to transfer all of my music from my old computer (about 1700 songs) to my new computer. I could just plug my ipod in and transfer it that way, but whenever I try to download the compatible version of itunes, the computer shuts down.

I don't know any other way to do it except if I buy a lot of blank CD's, and I really want to spend the least amount of money.

Help?

Just use the ipod in disk mode (assuming that this is an iPod Classic/5G, Nano or under (Not iPod Touch or iPhone)) and use sharepod: http://www.getsharepod.com/

instead of itunes and you should be set

And sharepod is free, so it's cheap

Edited by Panda200x

Try to fix the iTunes problem first so you can use the iPod as the medium. At which point in the download does your computer shut off?

Try to fix the iTunes problem first so you can use the iPod as the medium. At which point in the download does your computer shut off?

Well, I plug my ipod into the computer and it says I need iTunes 8.0 or later, so I go to the website, and as soon as I click download, it shuts off. I thought not having activeX might be the problem, but then I downloaded that, and it still shut off.

The old computer is only from 2007, a Compaq.

You could try a USB, that's the easiest way...

Why not use a USB-Flash Drive? Also, if you're doing CD's you should only have to rewrite the disc ~9 times.

Or over the internet through Network Places?

~Bcloutier~

Would a USB carry all the music on one trip?

An 8GB one would. You have 1700 songs so I'm guessing it's about 6GB, giving each song 4MB.

~Bcloutier~

If you're using a USB, don't forget to do this.

iTunes Folder>Copy the iTunes library file>Paste in USB>Bring to new computer>Paste in iTunes Folder/Replace existing file.