Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dabmasta

Judging People

Do you judge people? I feel that alot on forums. I know i dont have a lot of posts but I've been around the block a few times.

I do not judge people because i know people judge me. I have hearing aids from genetic stuff and people will look at me, then a normal person, and will hang out with the normal person. That is when i have friends, they are true friends.

hahaha hearing aids

Seriously though, not really. I don't give a damn unless I really hate them

I always, always try my hardest not to judge people, because I myself don't like being judged, and I don't like it when people judge others before they actually know the person. It really bothers me when people are judgmental. I tend to look past people's flaws and how they may seem on the outside, and I will get to know people before coming to any conclusions about the person.

Sub-concious judgements occur even when someone isn't trying to do so. I generally don't pay much attention to my generic first-instance judgements that my mind makes because I really don't like people that come to sudden conclusions about others.

And, yea, people definitely come to conclusions to quickly these days in what appears to be a very insecure society.

Edited by cjgone

I think even as much as we try not to judge, we still do. It's just the nature of humans.

With that said, I really try not to judge. I know I could be judged so easily, and I wouldn't want that. Even if I do judge at first once I get to know the person my starting opinions are lost and new ones replace them.

nah I never judge someone cuz I can see right through ther soul haha >.<

Everyone judges to a certain degree, even the kindest of people unintentionally judge others; it's human nature. I try my best to accept and understand all sorts of people but I won't deny being judgmental, I know at times I have been a culprit.

I am tempted to quote Jesus and say "Judge not lest ye be judged", but I won't.

But you just did >.< And yes I judge people on first impressions even tho I try my hardest not to.

I judge people, I can't help it. I judge them by the quality of their posts, and rarely, their signatures. First impressions actually last a long time with me, and it's hard for me to be persuaded otherwise once I've seen them.

I usually give minus brownie points, if they:

1) Always have some kind of closing statement to their post, for example: ~Kemosabe. Signatures are there for a reason.

2) Don't have good grammar. And can't spell very well. I don't like judging people like this, but I can't help it. >.<

I give mega minus points for:

1) They have the spoilers within spoilers within spoilers within spoilers within spoilers within spoilers within spoilers within spoilers... Well, you get the point. I hate seeing people with those in their signatures.

I judge a lot of people, but not in a nasty way (well, not too nasty IMO).

If I see someone with hearing aids I won't treat them any differently.

However, if I did saw a chav, I'd automatically assume he's up to no good.

Of course I judge people. I wish I didn't, but I guess it just makes me a human.

I judge people on their character and first impression though. Don't know if it's such a bad thing.

Kinda hard to judge people on their appearance here right.

nah I never judge someone cuz I can see right through ther soul haha >.<

And you're calling me the fool :cool:

I'm incredibly judgmental, not if someone has a disability. I'll try to see it from their perspective, and keep my mind open for at least a little while, but more often than not, I'll have accessed my opinion on someone within my first time meeting or seeing them, and it's likely it won't change.

However, if I did saw a chav, I'd automatically assume he's up to no good.

Exactly the same.

~Magical

Edited by Magical

I judge people I intend to know after I have met them and spoke to them. However, in the street, I do judge people as on a who to avoid policy.

I also tend to have a harsh view of chavs based on a rough experience before.

I'm like everyone, and have gut instincts and judge people. Anyone who says they don't is a liar, or obviously doesn't understand their own brains.

Anyways, I do judge people, although when I force myself to I forget about that and go into a situation with an open mind, forcing myself to do "the right" thing, not whatever my brain says. With training I've found my "judging" is becoming less.. I don't know. Critical. I can walk up to someone with a disability and help them through a door without a second thought now, but I still cringe a few times before I pluck myself up to help an obese person.

I tend to judge everyone, at all times. Ok not all the time but usually if someone acts out, or does something attention grabbing I'll tend to mentally evaluate them. Kinda like OP, i decided I don't like them and they're a bad person >.<

It's kind of a natural habit for a person to judge others. Of course, it's never good to be too judgmental, and I do try to stop myself from over-judging others.

You know how sometimes you see a person for the first time and you get an immediate gut instinct like "oh, this person seems untrustworthy" or "this person will make an awesome friend"? These instincts are sometimes correct, but other times, they are wrong. So, it's ok to judge, but not too much.

I believe that I am much less judgemental than most people. The root of my attitude? My ability to forgive myself. When you learn to accept your own mistakes, others' mistakes take on much less significance.

I always try to imagine walking a mile in another person's shoes. I can honestly say that there is no one I know about whom I cannot say, with your physical make up, your experiences and environment, I could not have been anything other than you are, nor behaved other than you do. In turn this breeds an admiration and respect for those who achieve more than I imagined I would if I had been in their skin.

It's a wonderful way to live. Every day I am amazed by the power of humanity to transcend its problems and achieve wonders. Those who fail have my empathy, those who succeed my admiration.

I believe that I am much less judgemental than most people. The root of my attitude? My ability to forgive myself. When you learn to accept your own mistakes, others' mistakes take on much less significance.

I always try to imagine walking a mile in another person's shoes. I can honestly say that there is no one I know about whom I cannot say, with your physical make up, your experiences and environment, I could not have been anything other than you are, nor behaved other than you do. In turn this breeds an admiration and respect for those who achieve more than I imagined I would if I had been in their skin.

It's a wonderful way to live. Every day I am amazed by the power of humanity to transcend its problems and achieve wonders. Those who fail have my empathy, those who succeed my admiration.

believe your views on this topic defer slightly to that of the other members on this topic because your age plays a significant factor. Although it's not the only contributing fact, it's one advantage you have in this discussion.

I wholeheartedly agree with your post, that won't surprise you. I try my best to look see things from an outside perspective to give myself further insight on delicate matters and I find this is one reason why I have a broad understanding and accepting of others, beyond my years.

Again, on your topic on experience, I agree entirely. JN mentioned quoting, "Judge not, ye be judged" and it's an excellent quote. From experience one is able to learn that despite our own differences, purpose in this world, we share the same journey and we have no need to judge the billions of others who are, when you look at the core, the same as yourself.

Finally, I agree with you again Slash, it is a wonderful way to live, accepting and understanding people, understanding who they are and what makes them the way they are, then being comfortable with it.

believe your views on this topic defer slightly to that of the other members on this topic because your age plays a significant factor. Although it's not the only contributing fact, it's one advantage you have in this discussion.

Don't judge me by my age!

Seriously, I don't believe age is a factor in non-judgementalism. If you believe aging ameliorates one's judgemental tendencies, you haven't met enough geriatrics - grandparents are frequently the most dogmatic and narrow minded of all.

Age has given me the experience to understand a broader range of people better, but I was never judgemental. I never had sufficient understanding of human nature to judge another person. This might be to do with my autistic tendencies. I've always been very poor at reading body language, tone et cetera, so have spent much of my life exercising the parts of the brain that try to understand other people rather than interpret their emotions like most people are able to do. Age has also given me more patience than I had as a young man.

I am a firm believer on first impressions go a long way. If someone is an cabbage, I well see them as an cabbage. That is not set in stone, because well, everyone deserves a second chance.

I try not to judge people, because I don't like being judged myself.

HA! I think that contradicts itself?

We have this man that shops where I work, He will always seek me out on the tills and come to my till... because I am the only one there who is not a jerk to him. When I first started there I thought he was rude, he wouldn't look at me, wouldn't say anything to me, just mumble every so often. People at work were rude to him and gave him slight attitude. I talked to him like I would anyone else, after a while I got a hello out of him... He is either SUPER shy or has some kind of disability that affects his social contact, but to be honest I don't care, Its none of my business... I didn't give him attitude and now he always comes to me. I got a smile out of him the other day... that made my morning. LOL.

Sorry I rambled there..