Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rpn

Best Movie Of 08? Best Upcoming Movie In 09?

08:el Tranio(i can't spell the one with Clint eastwood)

Gran Torino?

2008: Indiana Jones 4

2009: I dunno :D

I find that lots of people only rate The Dark Knight high because of Heath's death (No dis-respect what-so-ever) Because if Brad Pitt, for example, died while acting for Benjamin Button, That movie was be receiving extra-ordinary high reviews (Not sure if it is irl)

I didn't find the Dark Knight all that interesting at all :cool:

~Darth >.<

2008: High School Musical 3

2009: High School Musical 4... or Harry Potter.

I swear to god if your not kidding I will come to your house and karate chop you in your soul.

And Harry Potter will be good.

Dark Knight for 08

Then...I dunno.

I'm adding Slumdog Millionaire to my 08 list. It was kinda offensive to me but it was an incredible movie.

I've seen four films this year, and I think Valkyrie was the best. Dark Knight for last year, though.

~Magical

edit: are you fudgeing kidding me topdog?

ASHLEY TISDALE IS LIKE HOT!!111!!!!!!!1!!!!

I really don't like HSM, but when you compare HSM to other musicals... HSM is pretty good, even with the cheesy plot. But even with that said, I have to agree with the statement that I made above.

I wouldn't exactly consider High School Musical up there with performances such as Rent, Les Misérables or The Producers, however, each to their own.

I thought the Dark Knight was probably the best of 2008, though that's not saying much. I haven't seen anything good in a while.

2008 - Dark Night

2009 - New Moon or The Pink Panther 2

The Dark Night was a great watch and I liked the prequels of New Moon and The Pink Panther 2 so I guess these will be good as well.

Definitely the Dark Knight for 2008.

Don't know bout 09' though, just have to wait and see.

I like SlumDog Millionaire though, I could understand what they were saying when they didn't talk in English. >.<

~No, not real, just Fake.

Edited by Fake

I'm thrilled about Watchmen. I read the novel back in about October/November last year in anticipation for the movie. Hopefully, the movie will be good.

As for 2008, I didn't find The Dark Knight to be so great. Yes, the Joker was great, but the plot seemed far too thin. I don't remember much from 2008, so I'm going to leave a blank there.

I like SlumDog Millionaire though, I could understand what they were saying when they didn't talk in English. xd.gif

Same. That definitely made the movie way more enjoyable than it would if I had to read all the subtitles. It also caused me to nitpick the way they said some of the stuff though. >.<

08: The Dark Knight

09: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Pink Panther 2,

Lighten up. I was just joshing.

I just like the flow and happiness of HSM, that's all. Other musicals don't have that upbeat tempo.

Most people do >.<

They would be good movies if the actors weren't little idolized teen royaltees who are completely backed by Disney.

Edited by Falcon

I just saw Underworld 3, and I have to say I am highly pleased with it. Although short, it really gave a great explanation of the beginning. Although it just makes me more upset that Raze died in the first movie, dang it.

I'm looking forward to Terminator: Salvation, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and 2012.

I'm a really big film fan and cant really think of 1 good film of 08 more a bunch! :blink:

Bankcock Dangerous was gd cept from the ending.

Kung Fu Panda gave me a gd laugh

Iron Man was great

Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor was good but I was expectin better

Forbidden Kingdom was kl

Indianna: KOTCS was good

2008: Indiana Jones 4

What the hell.

That's all I can say.

Anyway.

2008: only decent new film I saw was The Dark Knight, so I guess I'll go with that. :\

2009: I haven't kept up well enough tbh...Gran Torino sounds like a good plot but I haven't read much on it. I might see it if I happen to be in Jakarta then though.

Recep Ivedik 1 and Recep Ivedik 2 - the Turkish version of Borat - awesome movie, you should watch it!

And College, from the teen comedies is fun.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realise that I bumped this topic. I've barely posted here for 2 years, so I might forget some rules :blink:

Edited by Anubis

08: Gran Torino (came out in 08, wide release in 09)

09: Can't tell yet, but I look foward to Inglourious Basterds

(The title is intentionally mispelled)

Edited by Bennett

I like SlumDog Millionaire though, I could understand what they were saying when they didn't talk in English. xd.gif

Same. That definitely made the movie way more enjoyable than it would if I had to read all the subtitles. It also caused me to nitpick the way they said some of the stuff though. :blink:

I actually didn't mind having to read the subtitles.

Besides, Indian is a cool language to listen to.

Slumdog Millionaire is defiantly my pick for best movie of 08. It had cool visuals, awesome music, pretty good acting, and a decent plot. (The ending was kinda lame imo. :() The doesn't really mean much though, since I saw like four movies in 08.

As for 09 I really can't say. I've only seen one movie this year so far, Taken, and it was a decent action film, but nothing Oscar worthy. I haven't really seen any trailers I'm excited over either.

2008: Gran Torino

2009: Inglourious Basterds

2008: Gran Torino

2009: Inglourious Basterds

Sir, you have an excellent taste in movies, it seems.