Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jess

Penguin Hide And Seek

I made some optional content. I don't know if you'd want to use it or not but I made it there so you could. It's one telling about a Clan Chat for penguin hunting which I have found very helpful and some MP3s so you know what they sound like. I don't know if you want to add them or not but it's entirely up to you.

Penguin Hide and Seek

Originally written by: JJohnston

Special Thanks to: Blyaunte; Roy; Kalipop; binteybintey; The Leet World; Plaid; Rivel; ~Naughty; Mariomaniac; Ruph-_-Tyr0n3; Cake; Zemos12ndBloodClaw86; Sionnach Dhu; Angel Bunny

2yz0c1z.gifTo Start:

Talk to Larry the Zookeeper in Ardougne Zoo. Larry is located south of the Ardougne Zoo.

penguinsardougnejessbrone2.png

Larry is convinced that the Penguins are attempting to take over the world of RuneScape. Larry will give you a Spy notebook. The notebook is used to keep track of how many Penguin Points you have and how many you have got that week.

2zrnczt.png

25jdovs.pngFinding Penguins:

Penguins are hard to find. They hide in objects and are not shown on the map. They hide in barrels, bushes, cactus's, crates, rocks and toadstools. They hide in various different cities but they move around quite a bit and move to different places each week. World 60 is currently the nonofficial world for finding penguins. The Optional Content could be fit in in this area.

It's best just to go about your day normally finding them as you go along, but some choose to go out to find them. There's Clan Chats that search for them. But if you do want to look for them they are normally found in:

• Dragontooth Island or Mos Le Harmless
  • The Kharidian Desert or The Wilderness
  • Seer's Village
  • Draynor Manor
  • Lumbridge or Falador
  • Ardougne
  • Castle Wars or Yanille
  • Morytania
  • Ape Atoll
  • Neitiznot and Jatizso
  • Tree Gnome Stronghold
  • Fremennik Isles

Playing with sounds turned on and up can make it easier to find as they make a squeak. The sound is a source from "Background Noise" section of audio on the Audio.

lawrune.gifRecommended Items:

Here are some Items that may useful. But it's also useful to keep weight low because the more weight you have the faster your energy will drain.

General:

Specific areas:
  • Anti-poison for Elven land Penguins and Karamja jungle.

• Waterskins/Desert Clothing for Desert Penguins

• Jennica's ring and forinthry bracelet for wilderness penguins, as well as a knife to cut through spiderwebs

• Seal of passage for penguins on lunar isle

• Monkey greegree and m'speak amulet for ape atoll

23u5v5u.gifSpying on the Penguins:

There's exactly 10 penguins out at a time. You can acquire up to 15 Penguin Points per week. The harder ones are worth two points after the completion Cold War quest. They always have a disguise that matches with their surroundings. They also cover a lot of ground. Quests like Priest in Peril, Lost City and Underground Pass would be useful with catching them.

35n4y2a.gifRewards:

Go back to Larry in the Ardougne Zoo to claim your reward. The points can be sold for 6,500 coins per point or for experience points. The experience points depends on the level of the skill. When you cash them in, you'll cash them all in at once. There's no splitting them. Larry will only hold 50 points at a time.

Optional Content:

World 60 is the unofficial world for spying on Penguins. Penguin W60 Clan Chat is the a very active and exclusive to World 60 penguin hunting.

MP3s that have 2 audio files such as Penguin Hide and Penguin Look. These are two audio files you will hear when you find the Penguin. They are not shown on the mini-map. The only Penguin I could find was on White Wolf Mountain and I had a hard time getting it without Wolf howling and wind blowing:

http://jjohnston.oxyhost.com/sals/hideands...enguinaudio.zip

Edited by Jess

Hi,

Small correction, you say

There's always 10 penguins out at a time. And you can spy 15 times a week.

Actually what you should say, is that there are 10 penguins out at a time, and you can spy them once a week. From spying all of the penguins you can collect total of 15 points.

br,

Tws

To start

Talk to Larry the Zookeeper in Ardougne Zoo. Larry is convinced that the Pengins are attempting to take over the world of RuneScape. Larry will give you a Spy notebook. The book can be used to keep track of how many Penguin Points you get.

More accurately:

“The book can be used to keep track of how many Penguins you have spotted and how many Penguin Points you will receive.

Finding Penguins

Penguins are hard to find. They hide in objects and are not shown on the map. They hide in barrels, bushes, cactus's, crates, rocks and toadstools. They hide in various different cities but they move around quite a bit and move to different places each week.

You may wish to add:

“The usual locations to search for Penguins are:

Dragontooth Island or Mos Le Harmless.

The Kharidian Desert or The Wilderness.

Seer’s Village.

Draynor Manor.

Lumbridge or Falador.

Ardougne.

Castle Wars or Yanille.

Morytania.

Ape Atoll.

Nietzenot or Jatiszo.

also add:

“Playing with your sound effects turned on is very helpful. You can hear the sound of the Penguins walking about nearby.”

It's best just to do normal things and look for them as you go normally. But some don't choose to. Watch out for clan chats that are only for the penguins. They're very useful!

You may wish to add that World 60 is currently the unofficial Penguin Hide and Seek world.

Spying on the Penguins

There are always 10 penguins out at a time and you can acquire up to 15 Penguin Points per week. They always have a disguise that does not necessarily match with their surroundings. They also cover alot of ground. Quests like Priest in Peril, Lost City and Underground Pass would be useful with catching them.

Adding more quests would be recommended.

Rewards

Since half of the penguins are easy to find, after you get the hang of it, they're worth one point each.

The more difficult Penguins are worth two points each after completion of the Cold War quest. The points can be sold for 6,500 coins per point or for __________ experience points per Penguin Point.

You can cash your Penguin Points in by talking to Larry at the Ardougne Zoo. Larry will only hold 50 points, so cash them in.

Trnasperancy of that book:

2yz0c1z.gif

[IMG=http://i44.tinypic.com/2yz0c1z.gif]

Thought someone made a guide about this already, well it's time for me to start one!

I would include in your guide the following suggested items:

General

Teleport runes, Lunar Staff

Boots of lightness, spotted/spottier cape to reduce weight

Energy/Super energy pots or terrorbird pouch and scrolls

Specific areas

Antipoison for Elven land penguins

Waterskins/enchanted water tiara for desert penguins

Jennica's ring and forinthry bracelet for wilderness penguins, as well as a knife to cut through spiderwebs

seal of passage for penguins on lunar isle

monkey greegree and m'speak amulet for ape atoll

This is soo totally not ready.

How about add a more detailed description.

Also as gloves: penance gloves, reduce weight. \

~Naughty

two places i have seen penguins that aren't on the guide, The teak south of castle wars, Tree gnome stronghold (near the yews (South of agility place))

two places i have seen penguins that aren't on the guide, The teak south of castle wars, Tree gnome stronghold (near the yews (South of agility place))

It says Castle Wars and I'll add Tree Gnome Stronghold. This is just a list of General Areas because they move around lot.

Hi,

Small correction, you say

There's always 10 penguins out at a time. And you can spy 15 times a week.

Actually what you should say, is that there are 10 penguins out at a time, and you can spy them once a week. From spying all of the penguins you can collect total of 15 points.

br,

Tws

I believe you can spy them any number of the penguins a week. You're just regarding to "penguin points" from the Cold War.

Good guide. >.<

EDIT: You need Cold War quest before getting "2 penguin points." Anyone who haven't finished it will have one point limit.

Edited by Spleen Cake

Add pics in where they are supposed to go, add in info about lunar spells and info about w60.

You put boots of lightness twice in recommended items. You might also want to format the top of your "guide," so it looks like it is actually completed, with a title, and credits. More pictures of the various costumes of the penguins would be beneficial too.

This last section doesn't really work.

Optional Content:

World 60 is the unofficial world for spying on Penguins. Riods2525 Clan Chat is the a very No "the" active and exclusive to World 60 penguin hunting.

MP3s that have 2 audio files such as Penguin Hide and Penguin Look. These are two audio files you will hear when you find the Penguin. They are not shown on the mini-map. The only Penguin I could find was on White Wolf Mountain and I had a hard time getting it without Wolf howling and wind blowing:

If you only have one, I think it best you get two, as just saying you couldn't get it isn't very good and don't write in the first person. Also, with the pictures at the end, are they going to be placed anywhere?

~Magical

This last section doesn't really work.
Optional Content:

World 60 is the unofficial world for spying on Penguins. Riods2525 Clan Chat is the a very No "the" active and exclusive to World 60 penguin hunting.

If you only have one, I think it best you get two, as just saying you couldn't get it isn't very good and don't write in the first person. Also, with the pictures at the end, are they going to be placed anywhere?

~Magical

I have two.

Nietzenot -> Neitiznot (on the commonly places list)

Great guide.

mmkay, but it looks unprofessional...

~Magical

It's not done, your images are to close together and look sloppy you should make the pictures a little spread out and put more detail in to the hole post. It's basically all spelled right. But it looks like you just threw this all together hoping to get a little "fame"

Maybe you should make the images smaller, thin get more images like a picture of riods2525's clan?

-Logan

for the images.. try not to put them together (they look like they are stuck together :blink:)

some penguins are in disguises: try putting some disguises in the guide

Edited by User

mmkay, but it looks unprofessional...

~Magical

Well, wha else do you think it needs?

Did you even read any replies on the first page? :blink:

Okay, I went ahead and put the images in where I think they'd go. I'd like to have a Spy on Penguin emote.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.