Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SackBoy

Have Two Things I Want To Discuss.

1. I'm hearing stuff about Obama's assasination? I want to know what you think about it.

2. My brother use to know me for rap. I still like it but over the past few months I've listning to like rock. Like Linkin Park, Disturbed, Three Days Grace, ETC.

and he says that I'm going to grow up and be like a Stanist and crap. I mean I love chaos for some reason but I'm not Demonic. what do you think?

Well, I can guarantee you that President Obama was not assassinated >.<

After looking further into you're posts I would agree with Bunny and say, "No" that is not the "Devil's" music. Music from artists like AC/DC, Black Sabbath and so on might me more close to what you are talking about.

Edited by Falcon

I don't mean to sound condescending, however, your brother doesn't know what he is talking about. Just because you listen to a certain genre of music, it does not mean you need to conform to the stereotype. Needless to say, Linkin Park and Disturbed is hardly what I would call the 'Devil's music'. That's a bigot term used for actual rock. Some groups who use references to Satan and Hell are: Ozzy Osborne, AC/DC, Marilyn Manson et cetera. However, it's done just for attention, the main attraction to Rock was rebellion and stars such as Ozzy and Manson only claim Satanic association for media attention and popularity among youths.

People are always condemning the Rock and Metal genre when it comes to teen suicide, violence or anything else that gets negative media attention in the youth culture. The same goes for the video game industry, people are so quick to point the figure when really they should be taking responsibility for yourself. By that I mean, if you become a Satanist as a result of listening to Rock, that's your problem, not the problem of the 'evil music industry' or what not. After all, it's just music, it's not going to influence the person you are or your belief system unless you let it.

1. I'm hearing stuff about Obama's assasination? I want to know what you think about it.

2. My brother use to know me for rap. I still like it but over the past few months I've listning to like rock. Like Linkin Park, Disturbed, Three Days Grace, ETC.

and he says that I'm going to grow up and be like a Stanist and crap. I mean I love chaos for some reason but I'm not Demonic. what do you think?

1. He's alive and kicking

2. Kudos brother from coming to the good side.

and no, your brother is......dumb if he thinks you'll turn satanic for listening to LP, Disturbed or Three Days Grace

not even by listening to the Hardcore stuff you would become satanic.

lie bunny sai association with it is mostly for publicity.

I don't mean to sound condescending, however, your brother doesn't know what he is talking about. Just because you listen to a certain genre of music, it does not mean you need to conform to the stereotype. Needless to say, Linkin Park and Disturbed is hardly what I would call the 'Devil's music'. That's a bigot term used for actual rock. Some groups who use references to Satan and Hell are: Ozzy Osborne, AC/DC, Marilyn Manson et cetera. However, it's done just for attention, the main attraction to Rock was rebellion and stars such as Ozzy and Manson only claim Satanic association for media attention and popularity among youths.

People are always condemning the Rock and Metal genre when it comes to teen suicide, violence or anything else that gets negative media attention in the youth culture. The same goes for the video game industry, people are so quick to point the figure when really they should be taking responsibility for yourself. By that I mean, if you become a Satanist as a result of listening to Rock, that's your problem, not the problem of the 'evil music industry' or what not. After all, it's just music, it's not going to influence the person you are or your belief system unless you let it.

And the 'devils horns' that derived from rock music. The motion with your hands wasn't even originally that, the musician who started it learned it from his grandma, and it's supposed to be 'focus on what is in the center, forget the outside to think clearly or something like that.

Obama wont get killed just abunch of people insecure about a black man as president or are just trying to be funny

Going from rap to rock is a normal thing really...Young people tend to like rap but as they get older they start to like rock

No one's ever realized this, but all of the songs by the bands you listed are exactly the same (lyrics, chords, etc.). I don't know why I'm the only one that's noticed this phenomena.

1 - No. I really don't think that it's easy to kill the U.S president these days.

2 - Linkin Park? Really? That the best u got? Trust me buddy, if u want Satanic then ur hitting the wrong side of Rock. Ull find nothing over in Alternative.

Ok so the first one has pretty much been worked over, but i would like to say something about the 2nd question. Anyone who takes rock and roll to be satanic is actually not reading into it enough in a way. The whole devil thing uh, make up, satanic symbols tbh its all an act its part of the show. Truth is as a disgruntled teen/young adult if you see something that rebels against everything you know ,hence rebelling Christianity, you would want to fall into that group. Theres really nothing horrible about it, and another thing... if you think linkin park or 3 days grace is heavy and or satanic you just need to get out more lol.

I listen to black metal, most bands sing about Satanism, death, anti-Christian themes etc . I don't run around killing Christians, burning churches and sacrificing animals.

To be fair just blame this on the media. Like Pixel Bunnie said, when for example a teenager kills himself they look towards his background if he like rock or heavy metal they blame it on that. I don't think killing yourself over hearing some music is going to make myself do it. I'll rather listen to the music and relate.

Satan is nothing to believe in. The devil horns is something Ronnie James Dio first started to use, it was something Italians (>.<) used to do to scare evil people away or something.

I listen to black metal, most bands sing about Satanism, death, anti-Christian themes etc . I don't run around killing Christians, burning churches and sacrificing animals.

To be fair just blame this on the media. Like Pixel Bunnie said, when for example a teenager kills himself they look towards his background if he like rock or heavy metal they blame it on that. I don't think killing yourself over hearing some music is going to make myself do it. I'll rather listen to the music and relate.

Satan is nothing to believe in. The devil horns is something Ronnie James Dio first started to use, it was something Italians (>.<) used to do to scare evil people away or something.

DID SOMEONE SUMMON ITALIANS

Yeah - and since I can't really explain it, I'll let good old Wikipedia do it:

In contemporary Italy, the "horns" are placed behind someone's head, or explicitly pointed at a person (in Italian, 'fare le corna', to make the horns). The conveyed meaning is that this person, usually a man, is a 'cornuto', a cuckold, bearing the cuckold's horns. The gesture is used with the same meaning in many countries: in Spanish-speaking countries (known as los cuernos), Portugal and Brazil (corno, cornos or chifre), Albania (briret), Slovakia and Czech Republic (known as paroháč), Greece (κέρατα), and Malta (kurnut).

In Cuba, Mexico, Italy and in Portugal, to place the 'corna' on someone's head when taking a picture is a common joke (similar to using the V sign as "bunny ears" among Americans), and young Italian tourists in foreign countries might be noticed looking nervously over their shoulders in group pictures.

The origin of this use of the idea of horns has been said to derive from the legend of the Minotaur, who was born from queen Pasiphaë's infidelity with a white bull, betraying her husband King Minos of Crete; the most prominent proof of the betrayal, the horned offspring, was taken as its symbol

When confronted with unfortunate events, or just when these are mentioned or suggested, a person wanting to avoid that fate could resort to the sign of the horns to ward off bad luck. It is a more vulgar equivalent of knocking on wood. Interestingly, superstitious ones can alternatively "touch iron" (tocca ferro) or touch their noses, which are not considered as vulgar alternatives, or (for males) grab their testicles (the left one with the right hand in Argentina, a country very influenced by the Italian culture), which is considered very vulgar, but is perhaps the most commonplace of the three.

President of the Italian Republic Giovanni Leone shocked the country when, visiting Naples during an outbreak of cholera, shook the hands of the patients with one hand, and with the other, behind the back, made the corna. This act was well documented, as all journalists and photographers were right behind him, a fact that had escaped President Leone's mind in that moment.

lolwut (@second paragraph: exactly why I stay in the back in most photos :cool:)

And since the 'satanic' part has been dealt with handsomely by Pixel and Whitey, I suggest listening to Enochian Crescent and explain to your brother that the lyrics are in Finnish, so that he will look them up. The results, either way, will be hilarious.

Mayhem also works if you don't want to go through the boring look-up-translated-lyrics stage. :D

Edited by Arianna

Satan is nothing to believe in. The devil horns is something Ronnie James Dio first started to use, it was something Italians ( >.< ) used to do to scare evil people away or something.

There is nothing like coming home after a long day and relaxing to some Death Metal, ironically enough, it puts me in a positive mind set, even though it's associated with death, gloom and depression by most standards. It just goes to show, music is how you interpret/make of it.

Edited by Pixel Bunnie

I love the whole Satanic association to Metal. It's... hilarious at the least. :cool:

I'll help with the fight against people hating death metal and such. When ever someones disses the lyrics (like saying "I'll rip out your eyes and eat them" or such) reply with "They only do it because they don't count on you actually making the lyrics out." C'mon seriously, can you really understand what Cannibal Corpse are saying? I couldn't :D

OnYx >.<

and he says that I'm going to grow up and be like a Stanist [sic] and crap. I mean I love chaos for some reason but I'm not Demonic. what do you think?

I am assuming you meant "Satanist" and not "Stalinist" ... :cool:

Honestly, I wasn't aware that people actually still thought that "rock" was the "devil's music".

Of course, the "devil's music" used to be "rock n roll" -- then before that it was "R&B" -- then before that it was "jazz" -- then before that it was ...

>.<

DID SOMEONE SUMMON ITALIANS

Ohi thar, thanks for clearing that up for me.

And since the 'satanic' part has been dealt with handsomely by Pixel and Whitey
My metal knowledge is useful at least sometimes :cool:

And since the 'satanic' part has been dealt with handsomely by Pixel and Whitey, I suggest listening to Enochian Crescent and explain to your brother that the lyrics are in Finnish, so that he will look them up. The results, either way, will be hilarious.

Mayhem also works if you don't want to go through the boring look-up-translated-lyrics stage. >.<

Yeah there we have it two fine examples of bands who claim to be Satanic. But just sing about it, yes with Mayhem there has been deaths/murders surrounding the band but they really have to do with teenagers who haven't got Playstation 3's to vent anger out :D.

There is nothing like coming home after a long day and relaxing to some Death Metal, ironically enough, it puts me in a positive mind set, even though it's associated with death, gloom and depression by most standards. It just goes to show, music is how you interpret/make of it.

Yup same with me. I listen to death metal too, it normally makes me want to get a few beers out and go playing pool or something other than wallowing in self pity. To be fair just listen to doom metal for the whole gloomy, depressing vibe but even then there is really nice upbeat stuff to.

I think music as a whole is something that is stereotyped before people actually go ahead and listen.

(Also to the post above rock was first, and then r&b :P unless you meant soul/motown?)

(Also to the post above rock was first, and then r&b >.< unless you meant soul/motown?)

Fairly sure he means the blues.

(Also to the post above rock was first, and then r&b :cool: unless you meant soul/motown?)

Fairly sure SHE means the blues.

Fixed

Indeed, I was merely trying to use a context for the common denominator ...

>.<

Mayhem also works if you don't want to go through the boring look-up-translated-lyrics stage. :cool:

Yeah there we have it two fine examples of bands who claim to be Satanic. But just sing about it, yes with Mayhem there has been deaths/murders surrounding the band but they really have to do with teenagers who haven't got Playstation 3's to vent anger out :D.

Lest we forget the awesome story of Euronymous and his makeshift jewelry which would probably lead the other guy to a series of strokes... >.<

I am assuming you meant "Satanist" and not "Stalinist" ...
THE DEVILSKI IS COOLEVICH KOMRADE

Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out

They leave the west behind

And Moscow girls make me sing and shout

They Georgia's always on my my my my my my my my my mind

Oh, come on

Hu Hey Hu, hey, ah, yeah

yeah, yeah, yeah

I'm back in the USSR

You don't know how lucky you are, boys

Back in the USSR

Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out

They leave the west behind

And Moscow girls make me sing and shout

They Georgia's always on my my my my my my my my my mind

Oh, come on

Hu Hey Hu, hey, ah, yeah

yeah, yeah, yeah

I'm back in the USSR

You don't know how lucky you are, boys

Back in the USSR

I always knew somethin' ain't right with that Paul McCartney guy!

If one can actually establish a clear topic out of this thread, mind staying on that topic please? >.<

If one can actually establish a clear topic out of this thread, mind staying on that topic please? :cool:
Topic? What topic? Where? Who? Can we make it about bunny-ears? Or should we stay with music? Or can we combine music with bunny-ears? Or was it the hang-loose hand sign? Or the V hand sign?

Right, stay on topic >.<