Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Farewell

The Path Of Freewill

1233186101_Title%20Banner.png

Table of Contents

by Rush.

Myself as an Avatar in RuneScape

I began playing RuneScape II during the summer break between eighth grade and my freshman year of high school. A friend, who has long since retired and gone on to bigger and better things, showed me one afternoon, and off we go. However, I have taken many multiple-month-long breaks during the four and a half years that this account has existed. 'Helk455' is indeed the first account I created, and I have stuck with him since the beginning. I have never truly seen the point in paying large sums of money to be a member, I much prefer paying for a few months at a time. As of February first, 2009, Helk455 has been a paying member for a combined total of six months; January and February of 2007, January and February of 2008, and December and January of 2009. This means of course that the majority of my time playing this game has been spent in free-play, and it is very dear to my heart.

When it comes to goals, I seek equality and balance over spiking a few skills and leaving the rest out to dry. One could say that I prefer quantity over quality :D My skills reflect this pretty well, I have very few skills that are very high, but all of my skills are at least at the level one could consider decent. I have never deluded myself with the concept of obtaining a skill cape, wasting that much time on something that would seem so anti-climactic seems rather pointless to me. Instead, I just aim to get my lowest skills higher, and to raise my higher skills a little bit when I feel like it.

My Stats and My Bank

My Stats

In the Beginning - 2/1/09

Stats_Start.png

This image will not update

The Latest and Greatest

Helk455.png

Monthly Check-Ins

April 1st 2009

March 1st 2009

My Bank

April 1st 2009

Bank_4_1_09.PNG

March 1st 2009

January 30th 2009

The Free-Play Triumvirate

The biggest Free-Play skill competition this side of Sal's Realm. Combat, Hybrid, and I are all great friends on RuneScape, so we've come up with an idea for a competition that will help us all drive to train our weaker skills and just in general give us a reason to get better.

The Rules

The rules are quite simple. At the beginning of each month (on the 1st), we will compare all of our Free-Play skills to see who has the highest level in each skill. Then, we will tally up the number of skills that each of dominates, and announce a winner. If there is a tie, it will go to the Free-Play total level. The only prize for this winning is the title of Free-Play Triumvirate Champion for a month.

The Winners' Log

March 2009

First Place: Combat - 8 Skills

atck.gifstr.gifdef.gifrc.gifhp.gifsmithing.giffishin.giffm.gif

Second Place: Freewill - 4 Skills

magic.gifcraft.gifmining.gifpray.gif

Third Place: Hybrid - 3 Skills

rng.gifcookin.gifwc.gif

February 2009

First Place: Combat - 7 Skills

atck.gifstr.gifdef.gifrc.gifhp.giffishin.giffm.gif

Second Place: Freewill - 5 Skills

magic.gifcraft.gifmining.gifsmithing.gifpray.gif

Third Place: Hybrid - 3 Skills

rng.gifcookin.gifwc.gif

Most Recent Achievement

82 Attack

82_atck_(102cb).PNG

Goals and Major Achievements

Major Achievements

November 17th, 2007 - All Free-Play Skills 40+

This is really about the time that I decided I was more interested in equality than a few really strong skills. Up until then, most of my stats were around 50 to 60, but a few skills that I really did not like, namely Ranged and Runecraft, were very low, below 30. I decided to pick it up and grabbed this achievement in a few weeks after deciding to go for it. It is not that major, but it was a real turning point in this account.

40runecrafting.png

December 25th, 2008 - All Skills 50+

After I became for a member for the third time, this time for yet another two months, I started working on averaging out my members skills. On Christmas day, 2008, I finally reached all skills to 50+. This shows yet more dedication to equality.

23piro.png

December 25th, 2008 - 100 Free-Play Combat

Look closely, and you might something familiar about that date :P Just a couple of hours after getting 50 Herblore and skills to 50 or above, I reached the final combat level I needed for 100 free-play combat, perhaps one of my biggest goals of all time. With this final combat level, I officially hung up my weapons and vowed to never train combat again.

2mfirkp.png

December 31st, 2008 - 1600 Total Levels

Who does not like 100's? Nothing really extra super special about 1600, besides the fact that it is 100 more than 1500. Of note is the fact that I got the final level for this a few hours before the ball struck down in New York on New Years day. Another interesting thing: When I began my third period of members, I was under 1500 total, which means that in about a month, I got over 100 combined levels.

60agil1600totalct7.png

February 16th, 2009 - 1100 Total Free-Play Levels

This is when you can really tell that someone has an impressive Free-Play account. Obviously, since I've had some members time, this isn't as big as it could be, but it's still pretty big for me. I got this last level after a good five or six hours of straight Air crafting >.<

1235316922_58_rc_(1100).PNG

April 11th, 2009 - All Free-Play Skills 60+

This is huge! I've finally reached a decent level in all of my Freeplay skills. At this point, I'd had all the other skills at 60+ already, but had never really spent any time to 60 Runecraft. After finally knocking it out, it felt good. Next up is all 70+!

e7eyph.png

Goals

Here they are, the heart and soul of a skill log. These are the levels that I will be training to achieve. Because I have surrendered the ability to train combat, there are only 9 skills in total that I can train. I can train the obvious Runecraft, Crafting, Mining, Smithing, Fishing, Cooking, Firemaking, and Woodcutting. However, I can also train Magic via High Alchemy and Teleports without any risk of raising my combat level; my melee stats are too high for Magic to matter. For the most part, I tried to make these goals not insanely difficult to complete. It gets pretty depressing when a log has been around for months and not a single goal has come to pass. Also, most of these goals are simply stepping stones to some of my more major objectives. These include 80 Woodcutting, 80 Firemaking, and 80 Mining.

The date underneath each goal in progress was the date that it was announced, and the date underneath any completed goals is the date that it was completed on.

Goals in Progress

1200 F2P Total

2/16/2009

helk455.png

85 Attack

3/3/2009

helk455.png

85 Strength

3/3/2009

helk455.png

75 Ranged

3/3/2009

helk455.png

80 Magic

2/1/2009

helk455.png

75 Crafting

2/22/2009

helk455.png

76 Fishing

2/1/2009

helk455.png

80 Firemaking

2/28/2009

helk455.png

80 Woodcutting

2/4/2009

helk455.png

Completed Goals

60 Runecraft

4/11/2009

helk455.png

80 Defence

3/22/2009

helk455.png

75 Firemaking

2/28/2009

helk455.png

70 Crafting

2/22/2009

helk455.png

1100 F2P Total

2/16/2009

helk455.png

65 Crafting

2/4/2009

helk455.png

75 Woodcutting

2/3/2009

helk455.png

Skill-by-Skill Log

cb.gifCombat cb.gif

Starting Level: 100

Goal: 105 Free-Play

Plan: Training other Combat skills

82_atck_(102cb).PNG

102 | 101

atck.gifAttack atck.gif

Starting Level: 80

Plan: Training on Flesh Crawlers and Giant Spiders

82_atck_(102cb).PNG

82 | 81

str.gifStrength str.gif

Starting Level: 83

No levels yet

def.gifDefence def.gif

Starting Level: 77

1237734411_80_def_(101cb).PNG

80 | 79 | 78

rng.gifRanged rng.gif

Starting Level: 70

Plan: Training on Lesser Demons and Flesh Crawlers

72_range.PNG

72 | 71

pray.gifPrayer pray.gif

Starting Level: 62

Plan: Purchasing and burying Big Bones

No levels yet

magic.gifMagic magic.gif

Starting Level: 75

Plan: Casting High Alchemy

1235316918_76_magic.PNG

rc.gifRunecraft rc.gif

Starting Level: 56

Plan: Crafting Air Runes using the eastern Falador bank

e7eyph.png

60 | 59 | 58 | 57

hp.gifHitpoints hp.gif

Starting Level: 82

Plan: Training other Combat skills

83_hits.PNG

craft.gifCrafting craft.gif

Starting Level: 64

Plan: Purchasing Hard Leather and crafting it into Hard Leather Bodies

70_craft.PNG

70 | 69 | 68 | 67 | 66 | 65

mining.gifMining mining.gif

Starting Level: 71

Plan: Mining and banking Coal and Mithril from the Mining Guild

72_mine.PNG

smithing.gifSmithing smithing.gif

Starting Level: 61

Plan: Purchasing Ores and making bars, then smithing them

65_smith.PNG

65 | 64 | 63 | 62

fishin.gifFishing fishin.gif

Starting Level: 72

Plan: Fly Fishing in Barbarian Village or Catching Lobsters

75_fish.PNG

75 | 74 | 73

cookin.gifCooking cookin.gif

Starting Level: 81

Plan: Cooking a secret Fish that I buy

1235317126_82_cook.PNG

fm.gifFiremaking fm.gif

Starting Level: 72

Plan: Burning Maples in Edgeville

76_fm.PNG

76 | 75 | 74 | 73

wc.gifWoodcutting wc.gif

Starting Level: 73

Plan: Chopping Willows near Rimmington or Yews near Draynor

77_wc.PNG

76 | 76 | 75 | 74

My Submissions

I have never regarded Sal's Realm as the premier fan site when it comes to reliable, easy-to-read information (sorry guys). I actually use Zybez.net 90% of the time. However, in the months of December and January of 2008 and 2009 respectively, Sal's Realm held a Database Drive to help get in a lot more submissions for all three of the databases. One afternoon, finding myself with nothing else to do, I decided to give it a shot. In about two to three hours, I submitted somewhere around ten to fifteen NPC's, taking the NPC database competition by storm. I was content after that day to ride that wave and see if I would win anything. However, about an hour before the competition closed, Hawk was on and submitting quite a few more NPC's, which started to make me uneasy. I dropped what I was doing (Pyramid Plunder I believe) and submitted another ten or so NPC's. This was enough to let me take the lead and come in first place, winning this:

NPC-1.jpg

This was back before I changed my name, so it displays my previous name, Helk. Since then, I have embarked on a quest to submit every NPC, Monster, and item available in Free-Play. Below, I'll post all submissions that I make. However, I do not know how to make transparent images, so if someone is willing to make a few transparencies, simply follow the links below and you'll find the images.

NPC Database

Mubariz - A'abla - Sabreen - Jaraah - Zawha - Surgeon General Tafani - Hamid - Fadli - Afrah - Ima - Dalal - Jeed - Sabeil - Jadid - Captain Daerkin - Head Registrar - Brother Jered - Drogo Dwarf - Dwarf [Mining Cape]

Item Database

None yet

Guides I've Written or Co-Written

Lumbridge/Draynor Achievement Diary - Link

Writers: Freewill, Desireful

Date Accepted: July 20th, 2008

Seers' Village Achievement Diary - Link

Writers: Freewill

Date Accepted: January 30th, 2009

Fremennik Achievement Diary - No Link

Writers: Freewill, Desireful

Date Accepted: N/A

Great Logs to Visit

I've always been a huge fan of skill logs. These are a few that I enjoy reading and keeping track of the owners' progress. Great job guys :P Note that the underlined headers are links to the topics.

Magic of Woodcut's Log to 99 Hunter

I've been good friends with MoW for a very long time, back to his old account Runedudemr. I hope he doesn't give up this goal, the money he can make will most likely keep him on it :P

Hybrid's Log of a F2p

I've only just recently met Hybrid, but when I saw his log, I knew I'd found a new friend. It takes real dedication to make a Free-Play log worth viewing (I know from personal experience :)) and he's done it.

Desireful's Log to 99 Firemaking

Desy is another good friend of mine. He really doesn't play as much as a lot of us, he's just too busy making these forums awesome. He's a member of the Database Kr3w, and also a very active poster all over the forums.

Jacky's Log of Epic Free-Play Combat

Jacky, like Strength, is another new friend of mine. I took one look at his stats and realized that what he was doing was near insane. The speed that he trains combat in Free-Play at is simply wrong.

W1z K1ll1ng, the Noob in a Mage Cape

This guy is the little noob with the Magic Cape you see running around. He's a great guy though, and what he does with Farming kinda scares me sometimes. Slow down a little please? :P

Do You Believe?

Of course you have no obligation to use this, but if you enjoyed reading my log, like the way this little banner looks, or just have no reason at all, put this in your signature :D The code below will make it link straight back to my log, so all you have to do is copy and paste :D

2lo4ta1.gif

[url=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=264265][IMG=http://i43.tinypic.com/2lo4ta1.gif][/url]

[name=thank]

Thanks For Reading

If you're reading this, you deserve a standing ovation for reading my entire log :cool: Thank you for taking quite a few minutes out of your busy life to relax and see what I've been up to. I'll do my best to keep this log up to date, although it won't be an easy task. If you have the time, why not add to your post count and give me a little support, to let me know that all the work I put into this was worth it.

Thank you,

I will choose a path that's clear

I will choose Freewill.

Edited by Faithless

Good Luck Helk!! Good luck on all your goals and I hope you do well in f2p! Pwnage log too.

P.S. Add me to supporters list if you have one?

Later

~Ultra

And why was I not informed of you creating a log? D:

Not much time to look at log right now. Doing English essay as I speak. >.<

Will look at your log throughly within 2-3 hours. :cool:

Great look so far, nice layout and all, I think it has great potential, I support. :blink:

Awesome layout man. Do you have to be so neat, I love the way you plan everything. Good luck with all your goals I'll visit this log often :(. Can you add my log to the "Great logs to visit"?

[topic=218813]Stormer's fortress of roaring thunder![/topic]

Thanks.

-Storm :blink:

Good luck on all your next levels Helk. :(

Having 3 digit Combat is win. :blink:

I will read it in full detail later.

nice to see you finally made a log :blink:

You know that i will support you all the way :(

First post and gl bro

:D Thanks Monkey, good luck with all your stuff too ;) Also, thanks for using my signature.

goodluck on all your goals!

nice log btw! very neat and interesting!

Thank you ;)

Good Luck Helk!! Good luck on all your goals and I hope you do well in f2p! Pwnage log too.

P.S. Add me to supporters list if you have one?

Later

~Ultra

Oty Ultra :P I don't have a supporters list right now, I'll consider adding one though.

And why was I not informed of you creating a log? D:

Not much time to look at log right now. Doing English essay as I speak. :(

Will look at your log throughly within 2-3 hours. :D

:D Because it was a secret. Sorry :blink: Ahh, I remember the good times of procrastinating from homework by looking around the forums :D

Amazing layout, I wish you good luck in everything. :P

Thanks Earth :D

Great look so far, nice layout and all, I think it has great potential, I support. :o

Well then, thank you for believing :D

Awesome layout man. Do you have to be so neat, I love the way you plan everything. Good luck with all your goals I'll visit this log often :P. Can you add my log to the "Great logs to visit"?

[topic=218813]Stormer's fortress of roaring thunder![/topic]

Thanks.

-Storm :P

It shall be considered. I can't put every old log on there, but I haven't looked at yours lately.

Thanks for the support.

Good luck on all your next levels Helk. :D

Having 3 digit Combat is win. ^_^

I will read it in full detail later.

Three combat digits truly is a win.

Thanks for the support Jacky :P Gratz on all those Fishing levels, I might join you soon.

nice to see you finally made a log :o

You know that i will support you all the way :D

I did indeed finally make a log, although it's been an idea of mine for a long time.

Can I still call you Helkie? ;) Very nice log and good job with all the animation to the log :P

Can wait for achievement pictures :D

N0va

You sure can, a lot of people still do :P

And thanks N0va, you're still a beast :D

My Two Cents

Here I am, back in the world of annoying advertisements and ten second waits before I can log in. It's all good though, I was getting kind of bored of members to be honest. I'd been working on this log for so long that I just wanted to get it up and running :D This log has been in the works for about two to three weeks now, I just kept "Creating" a new topic and not posting it, using the preview, then just copying the code into Notepad. I simply enjoy just writing stuff like this for the fun of it, so I didn't mind having to wait.

RuneScape

I won't be getting any levels today, I've got a drum line competition that will last all day. I have done a little Woodcutting with Yews though. I log out with around 7k XP to 74 Woodcutting, which will be my first level.

Things of note about my Log

- The "Starting Stats" signature is a screenshot of a signature when this log was started. It will not change.

- I will always have my Desert Boots, Cape of Legends, and Book of Balance equipped.

- This format will probably be my standard format for when I reply.

- To find my free-play total level, subtract 543 from my overall total. That is the sum of all my members levels minus 9, because all freeplayers have 1 in every skill.

Love all of you guys. I really didn't expect so many replies so quickly :P

I will choose Freewill.

You wouldn't go to ITT tech, would you? Nub.

Good luck with your goals :blink:

Nice layout btw :(

Edited by Packman9898

Greatest skill log.... I've seen.

Anyway, good luck on your goals and I hope we can become friends. :blink:

EDIT: Can I borrow your icons - attack, strength, defense, etc.?

Edited by Spleen Cake

About time. I'm a terrible editor. That's Slashing's job. :blink:

Good luck dude. Since I don't play anymore, I hope to see the pictures of what happened in this topic. Have fun dude.

Best layout ever. :blink:

F2P ftw no?

Get some levels soon mkay?

TIP: Instead of writing your log codes in Notepad, how 'bout writing them in your blog. Set that blog entry as a draft so only you can see it and I personally think it is easier to see your edits and how your log looks in its current state.

Edit:

Changed my name from "Strength" to "Hybrid" so it would be nice if you updated that in your "Great Logs to Visit" section.

Edited by Hybrid

You wouldn't go to ITT tech, would you? Nub.

Good luck with your goals :D

Nice layout btw :o

Nope, I would not :P Thanks :D

Greatest skill log.... I've seen.

Anyway, good luck on your goals and I hope we can become friends. :P

EDIT: Can I borrow your icons - attack, strength, defense, etc.?

I shall add you in-game, I'm of course "Helk455" Thanks for the support ^_^

The only problem with borrowing those is... I don't use any of those. I only have non-combat and Magic. PM Hawk for them, he's who gave them to me.

Nice log :blink: YOU ARE LIKE EXTRA 1337 CUZ YOU HAVE MAD SKILLZORZ?? :(

Click down and win the lottery. CLICK THE GREEN BUTTON FTW

About time. I'm a terrible editor. That's Slashing's job. :o

Good luck dude. Since I don't play anymore, I hope to see the pictures of what happened in this topic. Have fun dude.

You'd do a better job than the editor for our yearbook... That thing is despicable. I shall indeed have fun.

Best layout ever. :P

F2P ftw no?

Get some levels soon mkay?

TIP: Instead of writing your log codes in Notepad, how 'bout writing them in your blog. Set that blog entry as a draft so only you can see it and I personally think it is easier to see your edits and how your log looks in its current state.

Edit:

Changed my name from "Strength" to "Hybrid" so it would be nice if you updated that in your "Great Logs to Visit" section.

I'll get right on changing that, I noticed last night you'd changed your name. That's a good suggestion, but at this point, I just make my edits in the actual topic and copy the code to Notepad to back it up.

Good Luck on your goals! Impressive Skill-log!

~Darth :P

Thanks ;)

My Two Cents

Hey guys ;) I'm really surprised by all these replies. I didn't think my lay out was that good... Thanks for all the support, I really appreciate it :P

RuneScape

The first level is in ;) I've been doing Yews a lot just to make a few bucks on the side, I imagine I'll return to Willows eventually. I actually cut Yews at a faster rate than I expected. Eleven levels until 1,100 Free-Play Total :D

74_wc.PNG

I imagine my next level will be Magic, it's reasonably close to 76. My general plan is to get a level in every skill first, then start working towards my goals. I don't like how all my sections are so empty. I want to fix that first.

More levels on the way eventually,

I will choose Freewill.

Nice log dude, congrats on 74 Woodcutting. I wish you the best of luck on all your Goals :blink:

Check out my log sometime mmk? :(

Congratulations on 74 Woodcutting :blink:

Edit-Page 2 ftw :(

Edited by Ej_

Grats on 74 wc, and good thing you don't go to ITT tech, cause that school is for nubs :blink:

:(

What is with you and this ITT Tech thing?

Anyway congratulations on the level. Good luck because I want to see 80 soon. Oh and thanks for the comment about my writing/editing.

Nice log dude, congrats on 74 Woodcutting. I wish you the best of luck on all your Goals :D

Check out my log sometime mmk? :P

:D Thanks for using my guide to do the Seers' Village Achievement Diary. Also, Congratz on 90 Farming.

Congratulations on 74 Woodcutting :o

Edit-Page 2 ftw :P

:D Two Pages in under a day. I'm impressed. Thanks Ej.

Grats on 74 wc, and good thing you don't go to ITT tech, cause that school is for nubs :(

:P

:D Mmkay. Thanks ^_^

Grats on 74 wc, and good thing you don't go to ITT tech, cause that school is for nubs :o

:P

What is with you and this ITT Tech thing?

Anyway congratulations on the level. Good luck because I want to see 80 soon. Oh and thanks for the comment about my writing/editing.

Heh, you're funny. Oh, and how 'bout them Steelers! :P

Gratz on killing 74 trees. }:[

:P I does not! I only kill trees when I used to dig them up for Farming. Now I cut them just enough so they can regrow and make me even more money ;)

My Two Cents

To be quite honest with you, I'm a very happy person right now. As I type this, the Steelers are being presented with their franchise's sixth Lombardi trophy, making them the only team in the NFL to win six Super Bowls. Life is indeed good :blink: That's how I spent the evening, watching the Super Bowl with some friends.

RuneScape

Earlier this morning I did a little bit of the Great Orb Project, I'm interested in getting the Green Runecrafting Robes Top, Bottom, and possibly the Hat. That green should go nicely with my Book of Balance. This will be my formal wear. I currently have the top and 35 Tokens. After that, I fished a few inventories of Lobsters and then went back to Woodcutting. I'm around 70k from 75 now, and I've got somewhere around 400 Yews banked ;)

After that, I decided it was time for some databasing. I submitted a total of eight NPC's today, most of the ones around the Duel Arena. I was pleasantly surprised to find that all of Al Kharid had already been submitted ;)

I've got class tomorrow, so I won't be playing much.

I will choose Freewill.

Edited by Freewill