Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Magical

Tree Gnome Village Rewrite - 100%

Tree Gnome Village

Written by Magical
Original Guide by Jure 7he Kin.
Special Thanks to Char-lite, Stakez0re, Roy, Cake, Warren and BinteyBintey.

Tree Gnome Village is located between Yanille and Ardougne, to the far west of the map. It’s close by to the Fight Arena and Port Khazard (located to the east), as well as the altar to the north west and the Ogre Cities to the south. The Village can also be useful for questers, as it provides an easy teleportation to the Grand Exchange and of the many quests in the area, such as the Tower of Life and the Fight Arena quest.

Getting There
bintysmap.png

leatherboots.gifWalking A way to get to the village, especially for newer members, is by walking from either Yanille or Ardougne. Castle Wars is also close by, using the Ring of Dueling, and from there you can walk north east. It's not recommended to walk all the way from the central areas of Runescape, Varrock, Camelot, Falador etc. because they are far away.

ardougnetelepor.gifTeleporting Teleporting to either Yanille, Castle Wars or Ardougne and walking from there is the quickest way if you wish to teleport.

30kattc.gifSpirit Trees The common way of reaching the village is by using the Spirit Tree Teleport. To use this, you must have completed Tree Gnome Village Quest and teleport from either of the other trees around Runescape. The trees available are in the Battlefield of Khazard, Tree Gnome Stronghold (this is one-way unless The Grand Tree quest has been completed), The Grand Exchange and the Canyons east of the Poison Wastes (requires The Path of Glouphrie Quest). These will teleport you directly to the centre. If you have the correct farming level, you can also plant a Spirit Tree right by the entrance and then once it has grown, travel straight there as you would any of the other trees.

dramenstaff.gifFairy Rings The closest Fairy Ring is only a short walk away from the village entrance, and uses the code: CIQ

A very easy way of reaching the village is by using the Amulet of Glory to teleport to Edgeville or teleport to Varrock, and then running to the Spirit Tree in the north east section of the Grand Exchange.

The Maze
Unless you teleported directly into the Village using the Spirit Trees, you will first have to make your way through a simple maze to the centre. However, once you have done the Tree Gnome Village Quest, there is a gnome, Elkoy, at the north west entrance who will take you there directly. There are also several Giants, Wolves, Goblins, Moss Giants, Rats, and Ogres of various levels throughout the maze, be careful around them, as they’re aggressive!
tgv06qp5.png

To make your way through the maze, go to either start point to the north west or south east of the maze. This map will help guide you through, take the red path from the south east, and the yellow from the north west. But remember – monsters litter the paths to the centre. Once you’re at the end, you’ll have to squeeze through the fence to enter. Elkoy will only appear at the north west entrance.

mazemap1.png

Attractions
Locations:
gnome-1.png

Other than talking to the local gnomes, there are three main attractions to the village, as well as some nice spots to visit.

1) The Spirit Tree This is the most used feature of the village. Talk to the tree and it give you options to a variety of places, dependent on which quests you have completed.

tgv03wk9.png

Choose the option that you’d like to go to:

tgv04gv7.png

2) The Shop There is only one shop in the village, Bolkoy’s General Store. It’s located on the second level, so to get up there you must first climb one of the ladders.

tgv05pf5.png

Once there, it’s much the same to any ordinary shop. The prices are as follows:

11abfba.png

Bolkoy is also used during a clue scroll. He’ll ask you a question before giving you the next clue. He will ask how many flowers there are under his hut, the answer is 13.

3) The Dungeon The Dungeon is located just east of the bars you must squeeze through to get to the inner part of the maze. It’s main use is during the Waterfall Quest. To enter the dungeon, climb down the ladder.

tgv01en6.png

The dungeon is not incredibly large, yet contains several Hobgoblins (level 28), Zombies (level 13) and Bats (level 6).

tgv02au6.gif

Other Areas
You may wish to talk to the King by the Spirit Tree to start the Tree Gnome Village Quest or The Path of Glouphrie Quest, or visit his Throne Room on the second level.

thrownroom.png

Non Playing Characters

Depending on which Quests you have completed or started, the NPCs around the Village will react differently when spoken to. They will mostly hail you as a hero once the majority of the Gnome Quests are complete.

King Bolren
KingBolren.png

Local Gnome
Gnome.png

Elkoy
elkoy.png

Bolkoy
bolkoy.png

Remsai
Remsai.png

Gnome – Level 1
Gnome.png

Edited by Magical

[p][center][u][b]Tree Gnome Village
Written by Magical
Special Thanks to Char-lite
Original Guide by Jure 7he Kin. [/b][/u][/p][/center]

[p]
[b]Quick Links[/b]
[list]
[*][anchor=locate][b]Location[/b][/anchor]
[*][anchor=gettingthere][b]Getting There[/b][/anchor]
[/list]
[/p]

[p]
[name=locate][b]Location[/b][/name]
Tree Gnome Village is located between Yanille and Ardougne, to the far west of the map. It is located by the Fight Arena and Port Khazard (located to the east), as well as the altar to the north-west and the Ogre Cities to the south. At level XX Magic you can cast the Watchtower Teleport spell which is easy transport to the village. The Village can also be useful for questers, as it provides an easy teleportation to the Grand Exchange and of its many quests, such as the [url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/TowerOfLife.html"]Tower of Life[/url] and the [url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/FightArena.html"]Fight Arena[/url] quest.
[/p]

[p]
[name=gettingthere][b]Getting There[/b][/name]
[/p]

[p]
[img=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/itemdb/images/leatherboots.gif] [b]Walking[/b] A way to get to the village, especially for newer members, is by walking  from either Yanille or Ardougne. Castle Wars is also close by, using the Ring of Dueling, and from there you can walk north east. It's not recommended to walk all the way from the central areas of Runescape, Varrock, Camelot, Falador etc. because they are far away.

[img=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/itemdb/images/ardougnetelepor.gif][b]Teleporting[/b] Teleporting to either Yanille, Castle Wars or Ardougne and walking from there is the quickest way.
[/p]

Fixed up a few things.

Edited by Char-lite

For the rewards you get 2 quest points, 11,450 attack exp you can use spirit trees to teleport to certain areas throughout the land of runescape and you get and a Gnome Amulet.

I'll be submitting more info later, after I run through a few guides to freshen up my memory of the quest so I can write some material and possibly get some pictures.

For the rewards you get 2 quest points, 11,450 attack exp you can use spirit trees to teleport to certain areas throughout the land of runescape and you get and a Gnome Amulet.

I'll be submitting more info later, after I run through a few guides to freshen up my memory of the quest so I can write some material and possibly get some pictures.

:blink:

it's the "tree gnome village" city guide. not quest

I'm redoing the guide for the city, not the quest :blink: Thanks for your interest, though.

~Magical

Another way of getting there is by using the Spirit Tree

in the center of the village. I believe you need to have

completed both The Gnome Village and The Grand Tree

quests in order to use it.

The tree itself is located at the quest point on the map

of the Tree Gnome Village. Because of this method, you

should change the part about teleporting being the quickest

way of getting there.

Edited by Stakez0re

way of getting there.

You only need to do the Grand Tree if you are going there via the Spirit Tree in the Gnome Stronghold. You do not need to do The Grand Tree to get to the stronghold from the village. The spirit trees at the Grand Exchange and Khazard battlefield only require the Tree Gnome Village quest.

way of getting there.

You only need to do the Grand Tree if you are going there via the Spirit Tree in the Gnome Stronghold. You do not need to do The Grand Tree to get to the stronghold from the village. The spirit trees at the Grand Exchange and Khazard battlefield only require the Tree Gnome Village quest.

But to to the Tree Gnome Village quest, you

need to do The Grand Tree quest as well.

way of getting there.

No you do not. Neither of them have any quest requirements.

way of getting there.

No you do not. Neither of them have any quest requirements.

Kay gosh, you dun have to 'no you do not' me.

Khazard Battlefield: Requires Tree Gnome Village

Grand Exchange: Requires Tree Gnome Village

Gnome Stronghold: Requires Grand Tree

I'll work on more transport methods later :-) I'm just recovering from the snow at the moment :blink: Thanks for the help, though.

~Magical

Can i help Magical! What do you need help with - *Helps Magical from snow*

Can i help Magical! What do you need help with - *Helps Magical from snow*

'twas deep today lol... Very cold as well :-( But snow makes me happy!

*ahem*

Anyhow, I'll need you to do some maps for me once it's done, if that's okay :-)

~Magical

Sure, I like Maps!

Walking A way to get to the village, especially for newer members, is by walking from either Yanille or Ardougne. Castle Wars is also close by, using the Ring of Dueling, and from there you can walk north east. It's not recommended to walk all the way from the central areas of Runescape, Varrock, Camelot, Falador etc. because they are far away.

Teleporting Teleporting to either Yanille, Castle Wars or Ardougne and walking from there is the quickest way.

should be especially for new players

and also once you have done tree gnome village (i have,yay!) you can talk to a guyy to go to the center

Edited by binteybintey

Sure, I like Maps! Also i can think of somthing about the yews that you could put

Yep, I'll finish the getting there guide before starting on the other bits, though :-)

~Magical

you might want to use this for the spirit tree, the arrow thing thats on the mini/world map

30kattc.gif

[IMG=http://i44.tinypic.com/30kattc.gif]

Thanks, Bintey :-) I'm writing it now in Word :blink:

~Magical

~Magical

okay, add me to the special thanks list Pl0x?

use this if you like

de1spg.png

[IMG=http://i41.tinypic.com/de1spg.png]

also use this if you like ...

2eo9r3p.png

[IMG=http://i43.tinypic.com/2eo9r3p.png]

Edited by binteybintey

~Magical

okay, add me to the special thanks list Pl0x?

use this if you like

[IMG=http://i41.tinypic.com/de1spg.png]

also use this if you like ...

2eo9r3p.png

[IMG=http://i43.tinypic.com/2eo9r3p.png]

Very nice map, but I thought this one I made

would be better, because the route is going

through the text 'Tree Gnome Village', so I

removed that.

tgvfinalqt6.gif

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4818/tgvfinalqt6.gif

Now it's up to Magical. :3

Sorry Bintey, but I prefer the second map - thanks, though :-) Is it possible if you could add the line for the route from the south east?

It follows the path all the way round then goes up...

~Magical

Sorry Bintey, but I prefer the second map - thanks, though :-) Is it possible if you could add the line for the route from the south east?

It follows the path all the way round then goes up...

~Magical

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

Well, you've drawn the path from the north west to the centre on it, and I'm asking if you could also put the one from the south east on. Though, I think then it would require a key, so best just to keep it at that...

Forget everything I've said lol...

~Magical

Well, you've drawn the path from the north west to the centre on it, and I'm asking if you could also put the one from the south east on. Though, I think then it would require a key, so best just to keep it at that...

~Magical

Okies.

Anyway, you can cast the Watchtower Teleport at

Lv. 58 Magic.

Edited by Stakez0re

~Magical

Okies.

Anyway, you can cast the Watchtower Teleport at

Lv. 58 Magic.

Thankies :-) I'll add it in the next update.

~Magical

Edited by Magical

The Maze Part

Unless you teleported directly into the Village using the Spirit Trees, you will first have to make your way through a simple maze to the center. However, once you have done the [url=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/TreeGnomeVillage.html]Tree Gnome Village Quest[/url], there is a gnome, Elkoy, at the main entrance who will take you there directly. There are also several Giants, Wolves, Goblins, Moss Giants, Rats, and Ogres of various levels throughout the maze, be careful around them, as they’re aggressive!

To make your way through the maze, go to the start point to the north west of the maze. This map will help guide you through, but remember – monsters litter the paths to the center.

:blink:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.