Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
icelizard4372

Why Isn't There A Shoutbox?

Having a shoutbox has been brought up quite a few times, there's probably quite a few reasons in those topics.

We have a clan chat on Runescape, and there's always IRC. It'd be too hard to moderate, resource intensive, etc.

Having a shoutbox has been brought up quite a few times, there's probably quite a few reasons in those topics.

We have a clan chat on Runescape, and there's always IRC. It'd be too hard to moderate, resource intensive, etc.

I disagree. The clan chat is for when you are in RuneScape itself, and there is no longer an official Sal's IRC channel. Shoutboxes are easy to moderate, you can have easy IRCish commands like /ban [username] and /clear .. and you could set a post count limit, for example you need 30 posts to shout.

I don't think it'd be very resource intensive, either.

I disagree. The clan chat is for when you are in RuneScape itself, and there is no longer an official Sal's IRC channel. Shoutboxes are easy to moderate, you can have easy IRCish commands like /ban [username] and /clear .. and you could set a post count limit, for example you need 30 posts to shout.

I don't think it'd be very resource intensive, either.

And I can think of the disasters that would occur when no mods/dms are online.