Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pixel Bunnie

Heat Wave

Haha, we have weird weather in Melbourne. Can't wait for the AFL season to start. :(

Pixel: It's even worser for me, I'm working at night and I'm sure it'll be busy as. :blink:

Strange. Here in the southeastern States, we're getting unprecedented amounts of snow.

Strange. Here in the southeastern States, we're getting unprecedented amounts of snow.

I'm pretty sure Melbourne is in a southeastern state... unless it was moved...? (I had heard there was snow somewhere, but a lot of the southeast is in the heat wave)

I'm pretty sure Melbourne is in a southeastern state... unless it was moved...? (I had heard there was snow somewhere, but a lot of the southeast is in the heat wave)

Wrong States. :blink:

The numbers are in celsius! :blink: We've been experiencing some 40 degree weather here in South Dakota, USA, but that's fahrenheit. It's still unreasonably warm, considering it was about -40 degrees before Christmas break.

That's really hot. The hottest temps we get here are about 90f. Isn't 43c in the 100f?

That sure is quite a difference from the -3 degrees here :blink:

sad thing about hte people dying tho, :\

Edited by King Of Monra

I am pretty sure he is not referring to an Australian state :(

They're predicting 44 degrees on Sunday in Sydney :blink:

That's really hot. The hottest temps we get here are about 90f. Isn't 43c in the 100f?

It's over actually, it's approximately 109F.

43 degrees on saturday, I have to play basketball hopefully they call of the game :blink:

As780

They're predicting 44 degrees on Sunday in Sydney :blink:

Sheesh, unlucky. It's predicted to be 25 degrees in Adelaide on Sunday. Kind of odd considering tomorrow is going to be 43, and Saturday will be 41.

Where are you guys getting 40+ in Sydney from? BOM is saying 33. Unless you live in Penrith or Parra.

I had tennis on a forty degree day (competition), and now I have it again on the 47 day.

-Ming :blink:

It was on the national news that at the Australian open, because the stadium is so cramped, and the court was in full sun, the heat on the court was reaching degrees of 65+. Djochovich (I think) actually walked off in the middle of a game and forfitted, and suffered from heatstoke, as he was from England. :(

I had tennis on a forty degree day (competition), and now I have it again on the 47 day.

-Ming :(

It was on the national news that at the Australian open, because the stadium is so cramped, and the court was in full sun, the heat on the court was reaching degrees of 65+. Djochovich (I think) actually walked off in the middle of a game and forfitted, and suffered from heatstoke, as he was from England. :o

Yeah, I was reading a British article similar actually, apparently according to the Poms Australia is too hot for sporting events to be held; I can't say I disagree with them. It's near impossible being active in such conditions :blink:

Edited by Pixel Bunnie

I'm used to the heat. I live in one of the hottest places in Canada so our summers are consistently over 40C. We just keep going as normal. Turn the air up a bit more and we're fine. Or if we're out camping we just spend a bit more time on the lake or river.

Sucks that you guys have the heat wave right now, though. I thought you guys would be a bit more used to it, though. Strange how your schools don't have air conditioning; that's basically a requirement here. We'd die without it in the last few months before summer vacation.

Good luck with the heat. Hopefully it won't affect you guys too much more and passes soon.

~Bcloutier~

Oh right, States with a capital S.

I think Cairns is maxed at 37 today or something. Humidity has gotten worse, if anything. :blink:

I would so hate to be in a 5-day cricket match in SA or Melbourne. Up here in Queensland it's alright, but also hot.

What area of Queensland?

woah is it that hot?? how was it like in the heat wave?

It was on the national news that at the Australian open, because the stadium is so cramped, and the court was in full sun, the heat on the court was reaching degrees of 65+. Djochovich (I think) actually walked off in the middle of a game and forfitted, and suffered from heatstoke, as he was from England. :o

Yeah, I was reading a British article similar actually, apparently according to the Poms Australia is too hot for sporting events to be held; I can't say I disagree with them. It's near impossible being active in such conditions :blink:

I just realized I have tennis tomorrow, and according to the news, Sydney will be the hottest recorded place on the planet tomorrow.

:\

It was on the national news that at the Australian open, because the stadium is so cramped, and the court was in full sun, the heat on the court was reaching degrees of 65+. Djochovich (I think) actually walked off in the middle of a game and forfitted, and suffered from heatstoke, as he was from England. :P

I just realized I have tennis tomorrow, and according to the news, Sydney will be the hottest recorded place on the planet tomorrow.

:\

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/local/5304578...ns-warned-cool/

:o?

I'm quite enraged with our school. I have enrichment social studies, English, science, maths and also ATP maths and science. Basically as high as you'll get. None of my classes has air conditioning. Not one. Science has high CFM fans, but they're for venting gasses out of the room. Then drop it right to the other end of the scale. Room 50. "Catch up class" to put it nicely. 2 Air conditioners, and four fans! Also add to that they have high quality fluoro's (not the bar ones that hurt your eyes, new whiteboards, nicer chairs, and two teachers, with a smaller class of children. Then there's ed support. Same deal with the air-con, fans etc except they have a teacher/student ratio of 1:1!

So essentially, be as dumb as possible. You'll get 100 times as much government funding.

And to top it all off, my day went like this:

English comparability assesment.

Maths test.

Sports (!)

French

Metalwork, in which we were being shown how to use an arc welder. Do you know how easy that is? teacher put me on a friggen throne because I was that good at it. Only done it what, three years in a row now?

Edited by nonickname

Surely we cant be the hottest in Sydney tomorrow, although promises of 43 - 45 wont make it comfortable. hopefully the promises of more concrete ties stopping our train lines buckling are true , I've got a 2 hr (or so with transfers) trip in the morning to fix someone's PC, cant promise good service if heatstroke & stress are going to be killing me before I even get there.

Lived in Queensland for many years used to love the 40 degree Januarys, but I did have a pool right there to jump into.

Over here in Perth is also rather hot in some days, max I've seen was 38C. It's windy but, so I guess it isn't too bad.

Us kiwis had a heatwave too. Got up to 35 degrees when we usually have 20-25. :blink: I couldn't bare it, I kept getting minor heatstroke.

I feel sorry for you. Deeply sorry for you.