Forrest Jump

The Steam Thread

Sitting in an english garden...  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What class would you want for the next TF2 update

• Engineer
    • Demoman
    • Soldier

I'm surprised nobody said about Garry Mod.

I was all excited today because my dad agreed to let me buy TF2 through Steam (I play X360 tf2, tired of waiting for the updates). I bought it, but then it told me I didn't have the required specs D: is there any way I can get my money back?

Which is why you use something like System Requirements Lab first (it's a sticky thread in Computer & Online Games), or look at the System Specs on the page in which you buy TF2 via Steam.

I run TF2 at about 55FPS, with everything maxed.

Also, if you do get it working, prepare to get owned a lot. If you're good at the 360 version it helps a little bit but when I moved over it took me at least a weeks worth of playing to finally go +K/D more or less every game.

I know. Unfortunately, I found the thread after I bought it. My comp isn't fast enough ( I have 1.6 GHz and it needs 1.7) and I only have half the Video RAM needed (64 MB). :\

I assumed that if I could run WoW on a busy Saturday night in Orgrimmar, I'd be able to play TF2. Apparently not.

But yes, I have realized that PC players are MUCH better. I was, in fact, ready to get owned. :eyebrows:

You could almost definately overclock to 1.7GHz, quite easily. And my graphics card was only £30, that can run TF2 fine on middling settings, i'm sure we could find you something...

You could almost definately overclock to 1.7GHz, quite easily. And my graphics card was only £30, that can run TF2 fine on middling settings, i'm sure we could find you something...

What do you mean by 'overclock'?

i need halp, i r not gud techn0 :eyebrows:

Edited by Atrophy

What do you mean by 'overclock'?

i need halp, i r not gud techn0 :eyebrows:

Do more than it says you can.

So I'm playing TF2 decently. Lowest settings, 1024x768 getting usually between 10-30 fps.

I'm good unless there's a bunch of explosives. :eyebrows:

Anyways, I'm rocking with the pyro. I've unlocked all the gear. Now I'm gonna work on sniper.

So I'm playing TF2 decently. Lowest settings, 1024x768 getting usually between 10-30 fps.

Anyways, I'm rocking with the pyro. I've unlocked all the gear. Now I'm gonna work on sniper.

My brother recently purchased the Orange Box and got me a 3-day trial of TF2. The only class I like is the Sniper, especially with the bow. Getting better and better with it as I discover the better uses of it as well as other techniques in different sorts of situations. It's a fun game too, not as dull as Counter-Strike: Source. If it were up to me, I'd buy it... but I don't got any money. ;)

I got a couple questions to ask though:

1. Does the level of the weapon really matter? I got level 5 Jarate and then level 1 Jarate, so I threw the level 1 out, although didn't compare the stats.

2. Is getting new weapons completely random and is it the type of weapon affected by anything?

Edit: I play on 1440x900 and get 20-40 frames, no AA though but everything is on max recommended. If I put the slightest AA on, it will bump it up by a factor of 16x due to my graphics card settings. I don't want to touch those, then I gotta put them back on when I go to Runescape. :ice:

Edited by Warrior Zynk

Who doesn't rock with the Pyro?

W+Mouse1

;)

Oh fudge. Fallout 3 half off on Steam. I think I'm going to get, even though I can't run it. In the future I will be able to.

I should've waited. Man, I bought F3 for 50 bucks... well aleast I get free DLC's. :eyebrows:

W+Mouse1

;)

That tutorial is pro :ice:

Edited by Jump

W+Mouse1

;)

AIRBALAST IS STRON!

;D I love that video.

hopefully going out to buy a new graphics card this weekend. Then maybe I'll be able to run TF2 :ice:

I'm good unless there's a bunch of explosives. ;)

W+Mouse1

:ice:

AIRBALAST IS STRON!

;D I love that video.

hopefully going out to buy a new graphics card this weekend. Then maybe I'll be able to run TF2 :)

And this is when I wish I had a desktop. :eyebrows:

Hey has anyone tried Neotokyo yet? It's like Dystopia and CSS mixed together. http://www.neotokyohq.com/

Never heard of Dystopia, but I'll try it out.

I think you should try the Dystopia first because after playing NT yesterday I was somewhat disappointed.

1. The 3 class system is so flawed. Say a Recon meets up with a Support on a 1v1. The support would win even if the recon hits the support everywhere and the support would only have to shoot the recon once to bring him down.
  2. You only know that your getting shot at but not where.
  3. You have to unlock weapons and they don't usually carry on to the next map/server.
  4. A stacked team will unlock weapons quicker as opposed to the losing team. Thus, the stacked team will continue dominating.

:\

I just got 2 gigs of RAM a couple of days ago, so I'm finally able to play the PC version of TF2 now. Unfortunately, I suck at it. I do WAY better on the Xbox version, but I guess it'll just take some time getting used to. I just ordered a new graphics card too, which should be delivered by Monday or Tuesday. Should help make things run a bit smoother.

My steam name is XenoBurn, and my current nick is Cold Karnage. Feel free to add me.

I do want that bow, but I'm having trouble getting the achievements for the sniper. :eyebrows:

I found the sniper achievements kinda easy. Just keep trying is all I can tell you.

I do want that bow, but I'm having trouble getting the achievements for the sniper. :ice:

I found the sniper achievements kinda easy. Just keep trying is all I can tell you.

I got the bow. I'm really good with it. ;)

One thing I don't like about the PC version is that there's only one dustbowl server. :eyebrows:

I do want that bow, but I'm having trouble getting the achievements for the sniper. :ice:

I got the bow. I'm really good with it. ;)

One thing I don't like about the PC version is that there's only one dustbowl server. :eyebrows:

No, there are lots. Did you un-click the tab that says something like "show map icons"? That will give you a full list.

I do want that bow, but I'm having trouble getting the achievements for the sniper. :o

I got the bow. I'm really good with it. :(

One thing I don't like about the PC version is that there's only one dustbowl server. ;)

No, there are lots. Did you un-click the tab that says something like "show map icons"? That will give you a full list.

:ice:

All I see is like one dustbowl and like one other...something else, and then TONS of weird custom maps for achievements. :)

But I'll do that when I open up the game next time (I have to restart to play because it's installed on my windows 7, not my Vista). :eyebrows:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.