Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesT

Forum Faq

i dont understand one thing... my rating is < -7 ( ) 7 >

what the heck does that mean?

Nobody will read it.

though a small and easy to miss post, that may turn out to be true. Many newbie forumers don't even look for something like that to figure out thier questions.

dark, that simply means that you have absolutely no warn history. mine is 0, that means that I have been warned before but the mods and I talked it over and decided it wasn't a credible warn so it was taken away. Trust me, it's a good thing to have a blank there :P.

Add this:

Q:What do I do if someone is breaking the rules?

A:Simply report them using the Report Post function right under their post(on the left.)

What is the difference between a Global Mod and a Forum Mod?

On most forums a Global Mod has more powers than a Forum Mod. Forum Mods can usually only Moderate different sections of the forum but a Global can Moderate the whole forum. On this forum, the Global and Forum moderators can Mod the whole forum with equal powers. The only difference is that a Global Moderator is supposedly higher rank than a Forum Moderator. They are usually closer to being promoted to Admin aswell.

Why is my warn level 1 (or -1)?

A: A positive warn level, like 1, 2, 3, etc, is bad. It means you have done something you shouldnt have done. A negative warn level, like -1 or -2, means youve done something exceptionally good/helpful

that's a little akward don't u think? i think it should be changed to +1, +2,+3 ect... being good and -1, -2, -3 ect... being bad

to prove this fact it's better to have more money than being in debt :P

Why is my warn level 1 (or -1)?

A: A positive warn level, like 1, 2, 3, etc, is bad. It means you have done something you shouldnt have done. A negative warn level, like -1 or -2, means youve done something exceptionally good/helpful

that's a little akward don't u think? i think it should be changed to +1, +2,+3 ect... being good and -1, -2, -3 ect... being bad

to prove this fact it's better to have more money than being in debt :P

People are already used to it this way so new members will have to adapt.

Help! How do I change the text under my avatar????

A: You can only change you member title of you are a Admin, Moderator, Distinguished Member, and Tech Support. If you are not in those groups, the you can not manually change your member title. Admins and Mods, will NOT change it for you.

Should be “then”?

Whats a DM??!

A: DM, or Distinguished Member is a respected member, a DM is a person that posts well, and without any flames. They are also one step closer to becoming a Mod.

Should be “becoming”?

I got warned for an unfair reason, what to do?

A: PM the mod that warned you, he may have a different vision of the situation. And never start a topic, it is considered spam, will be lock, and you can possibly get a warn.

Should be “locked”?

Just a couple spelling errors, but anyway, it’s still a good guide for newbies! =)

I have a link to the kevan.org brain eating thing but it shows up as a website adress. How do i make it into click here to see funniest picture then it lures them to the website.

I have a link to the kevan.org brain eating thing but it shows up as a website adress. How do i make it into click here to see funniest picture then it lures them to the website.

Misleading links ain't allowed, so just forget about that.

ADD FLICKR!! at www.flickr.com

Also, if you get warned for minor offences such as bumpin n spam, u may Pm the Mod who warned u one month later to ask if it can be lowered. No guarantees though.

edit: OH SHIZZLE. I just realised the poster above Arcane bumped. :king: There goes my recently reduced warn...

Edited by Theta

Its okay, I'll allow it. People sometime need to add stuff or add FAQ questions.

You will allow what? Bumping?

You're what... are a Mod here?

There's nothing to stop any Mod/Admin from warning... unless you can somehow get them not to?

Still.... :king: Thanks. :holiday:

Edited by Theta

You will allow what? Bumping?

You're what... are a Mod here?

There's nothing to stop any Mod/Admin from warning... unless you can somehow get them not to?

Still.... :king: Thanks. :holiday:

Exactly what I was thinking.. :holiday: You wouldn't be warned, though. Only the person who bumped would be warned. :)

Anyways lets get back on topic now. :)

-

Maybe after "What is a DM?" have "How do I become a DM?" I know they are similar questions, but someone is going to ask it. :holiday:

:king:

Must you be so rude?

Like this:

Click [url=url of link]Here [/url]

edit: Steve.... Getting 6k? :holiday:

Edited by Theta

Its not code.I just put it in code tags so you could see what to type easily.

Let me test.

EG:

Flickr

Like this:

[url=http://www.flickr.com]Flickr[/url]

Edited by Theta

Post what are you typing. Add the

tags for me to see.

Here is what you would do:

[url=URL OF THE SITE YOU WANT]TEXT YOU WANT[/url]

So if I wanted a link to http://runescape.salmoneus.net/ that said Sal's RuneScape Realm I would use:

[url=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/]Sal's RuneScape Realm[/url]

Sal's RuneScape Realm

If it doesnt work for you can you show us the code you are using and what it comes out as for you? Then we can see the problem and fix it for you. :D

Steve... thats exactly what I posted. :D

But thanks still? For saying it clearer. :P

edit: he obviously made it work now.

Edited by Theta

How do I get my warn level reduced?

A: Post good posts, contribute to the site, and help others. Never PM or start a topic asking for your warn level to be reduced.

Sal once said that you could get it reduced if it is a positive by waiting 3 months after you got it (I went from a +1 to a 0 because I had mine for about 6 months)

What does a mod do?/!?!?!

A: mod, or Moderator basicly Moderates the forum, making sure everyone follows the rules, stopping fights, and giving warns occasionaly.

Maybe add that moderators can not ban people.

A: You can only change you member title of you are a Admin, Moderator, Distinguished Member, and Tech Support. If you are not in those groups, the you can not manually change your member title. Admins and Mods, will NOT change it for you.

Fix to:

A: You can only change you member title of you are a Admin, Moderator,Distinguished Mod, Distinguished Member, and Tech Support. If you are not in those groups, then you can not manually change your member title. Admins and Mods, will NOT change it for you.