Sign in to follow this  
JamesT

Forum Faq

I have some Forum Frequently Asked Questions to add:

What are all the member groups?

Here is a screenshot of all the member groups:

membergroupswn7.png

What's a Validating Member?

Validating means that the member just signed up and has to recieve the validating email to become a member.

What's a New Member?

New Member means that this member has under 15 posts. (according to this.)

What's a Retired/Inactive Mod?

To explain Retired/Inactive Mod, here's a quote:

Retired moderators have no privilege or power on this forum. They do not have the privileges that the Distinguished members or that the tech support members have, nor do they have moderating powers. Their title is mainly an honorary title to thank them for all the hard work they did to help this forum be a better place for everyone to hang-out.

What is a Distinguished Mod?

A Distinguished Moderator is a Moderator who "have shown that they are responsible, hard-working, respecting, and are willing to take part in staff discussions."

(Quote from here.)

What's a Forum Admin?

A Forum Administrator is similar to a moderator except a forum administrator has more powers, for example, they can ban members, while moderators cannot.

What's a Site Admin?

The Site Administrator is a group for just one person, Salmoneus. :D

Here's the code for my frequently asked questions :D :

[b]What are all the member groups?[/b]

Here is a screenshot of all the member groups:
[img=http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4969/membergroupswn7.png]

[b]What's a Validating Member?[/b]
Validating means that the member just signed up and has to recieve the validating email to become a member.

[b]What's a New Member?[/b]
New Member means that this member has under 15 posts. (according to [url=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26680]this[/url].)

[b]What's a Retired/Inactive Mod?[/b]
To explain Retired/Inactive Mod, here's a quote:
[quote=Forum Staff - All About Us]Retired moderators have no privilege or power on this forum. They do not have the privileges that the Distinguished members or that the tech support members have, nor do they have moderating powers. Their title is mainly an honorary title to thank them for all the hard work they did to help this forum be a better place for everyone to hang-out.[/quote]
[b]What is a Distinguished Mod?[/b]
A Distinguished Moderator is a Moderator who "have shown that they are responsible, hard-working, respecting, and are willing to take part in staff discussions." 

(Quote from [url=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64818]here[/url].)

[b]What's a Forum Admin?[/b]
A Forum Administrator is similar to a moderator except a forum administrator has more powers, for example, they can ban members, while moderators cannot.

[b]What's a Site Admin?[/b]
The Site Administrator is a group for just one person, Salmoneus. :P

This is from my post here.

Edited by Prashanna

A: Post good posts, contribute to the site, and help others. Never PM or start a topic asking for your warn level to be reduced.

This is wrong. The mods say that if you want a warn reduction, you can pm them and they'll give it to you if they think you've earned it.

And sorry, but you could've written this better. Sounds like you're just mocking all the new members.

Edited by Solemn Judgment

Well you can pm them asking them what went wrong, but you can't really just pm the mod saying, "Dude! I totally don't deserve this! :( Take it away."

What I meant is that if you think you deserve a negative rating, you can pm the mods and ask them for one. Not just if you get in trouble. Several of the mods said that.

Edited by Solemn Judgment

Here are the answers to many of the most asked questions here.

How do I change the text under my avatar?

The text under your avatar is called your member title. Only Tech Support, Distinguished Members, Moderators, and Admins can have custom member titles, meaning they choose what it is. All other members will have their member title change based on post count. You can see what post count is required for each member title in this topic.

How do I change my avatar and signature?

Refer to this tutorial written by BaconBoy, PrettyObvious, and Purchased.

How do I upload an image to my signature?

You need to upload it at an image host. Some of the most commonly used image hosts are ImageShack, PhotoBucket, and Tiny Pic, though any image host will do. Then copy the URL that it gives you into your signature, and put the IMG tags around them.

What are all the different ranks on the forums?

Refer to this tutorial by Salmoneus. It explains what DMs are, what moderators do, aswell as lots of other information about all of the ranks on Sals!

Where do I get those underbanners that say XX For Life?

They were created by a member of RuneHQ, however we also have them here on Sals. You can get those from this topic. You can post in the Requests and Competitions Forum if you want a custom underbanner created.

I was warned and I dont deserve it. How do I get it removed?

PM the moderator that warned you explaining why you think the warn was unjust. The moderator may have seen it differently than you. Starting a topic is sharing your warn log, which is against the rules of Sals, and can result in another warn.

How do I get my warn level reduced?

Getting your warn level reduced requires making good, thoughtful posts, helping others, and overall being a good member of the forms.

Why do some people have a warn level of 0, while others have no warn level at all? or Why do I have a warn level of 1, 2, 3 etc (or -1, -2, etc)?

The way the warn system works is the following. A neutral warn level, meaning ( 0 ) or ( ), indicated that you havnt been bad, and you havnt been extraordinarilly good. Its normal to have this warn level. A positive warn level, such as ( 1 ), ( 2 ), ( 3 ), etc, means that you have been bad and have gotten a positive warn. Don't worry, you can get it removed. Just act well and dont break the rules, and moderators will remove your warn level. Negative warn levels, such as ( -1 ) and ( -2 ), are very tough to get. You have to be one of the best forum members to achieve these warn levels, by rarely breaking the rules, being a helpful poster, and being a positive influence on new forum members.

I cant post pictures! Why?

Due to an incident occuring back during the summer, new forum members cannot post images on the forums until they get 30 posts. This is a necesity for the safety of the forum.

This topic really needs to be rewritten. I started it, but Im sure more should be added

Quotes arent working right now, no idea why. :mad:

Edited by Steve

umm, one problem with the sig thing, this is what it says after clicking the link.

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken

needs a fix :rolleyes2:

i started a topic how to check it.I cant get back it.

If you started a topic and you wish to find it, click on your own username on any post.

Profile Options.

Find members topics.

You can see your own topics easily this way.

just wondering why have 30 posts?

no point

Why you ahve to have 30 posts to post images? Well, one person made lots of accounts and posted gross pictures all over the forum, so the rule was designed to slow him down (you can't make more than 1 post every 30 seconds or so, so that would take him 15 minutes to be able to post those images, hopefully long enough for teh mods to suspend him and his accounts.)

Edited by Kittenblob

Sorry if this is bumping. Just wanted to point out that for the member groups, we don't have the distinguished mod anymore so you should remove that from there.

You mean in that image? It's changed now, thank you for pointing that out. Don't worry about bumping, it's allowed in stickies. ~Xaria

Edited by Xaria

:pirate2: its kk but needs better work like how to get the special toolkit iwell thats wot i wont to know lol

http://img255.echo.cx/img255/8852/70combat0th.gif[/img][/img]

http://img134.exs.cx/img134/1200/ranger4life608pz.gif[/img][/img]

http://img69.echo.cx/img69/8250/zammy8yx.gif[/img][/img]

You first need 30 posts then you would put it like this

[img=[url=http://img69.echo.cx/img69/8250/zammy8yx.gif]http://img69.echo.cx/img69/8250/zammy8yx.gif[/url]]

-gazisere :D

i got this tricky thing going on , i had to make another account to sals because forgot my password and

cant remember the e-mail address that i putted to the form when i made the account .

so can the other account be deleted some how , or what should i do ?

i got this tricky thing going on , i had to make another account to sals because forgot my password and

cant remember the e-mail address that i putted to the form when i made the account .

so can the other account be deleted some how , or what should i do ?

Contact a forum admin and explain the situation.

-gazisere :deformed:

I heard if you havent had a warn for a month you can PM the mod that last warned you andd appeal

Yes, after a month, you are allowed to PM a moderator and request a warn reduction. That moderator will look over your recent posts and decide if you deserve it or not. Then depending on their decision, you'll get a reduction or be told to wait.

Go to My Control -> Change Display Name. You can only do this once every 90 days, though, so make sure that you choose a name that you won't regret.

I heard if you havent had a warn for a month you can PM the mod that last warned you andd appeal

Yes, after a month, you are allowed to PM a moderator and request a warn reduction. That moderator will look over your recent posts and decide if you deserve it or not. Then depending on their decision, you'll get a reduction or be told to wait.

What if the mod that added the warn is retired? should I pm another mod?

Yes, you could PM another mod.

Yes, you could PM another mod.

It's good to know about that function <_< . But is it necissary? I'm sure mods will see if you behave well... However... I might be able to make use of it. :P

Maybe you could ad to the first post:

Q: What are the official forum worlds?

A: 62 for freeplay, 123 for members.

Edited by Knight Haleth

It's good to know about that function :P . But is it necissary? I'm sure mods will see if you behave well...
There are so many members on this forum, we wouldn't be able to see everyone who behaves well and a lot of people would still have warns that they don't deserve anymore. :P
Maybe you could ad to the first post:

Q: What are the official forum worlds?

A: 62 for freeplay, 123 for members.

Good idea, I've added that to the first post. :wub:

2 Questions :unsure:

Do you have to wait another month afetr having a warn taken off to get another one taken off?

Are unofficial warns removeable?