Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesT

Forum Faq

Do you have to wait another month after having a warn taken off to get another one taken off?

Yes, that's right. So, for example, if someone had three warns and then followed the rules well for awhile, it would take at least another three months to get the warn level back to zero if they requested and received a warn reduction each month.

Are unofficial warns removable?

No :unsure:. For one thing, an entry in a warn log is permanent, so how exactly would you remove it? And the unofficial/verbal warns are not a big deal, they're just something to tell you that you've broken a rule, and it's there to remind you and to show other mods that you've been told it's against the rules. They're important so that if you break one of the rules that we give verbals for (like one word posting and bumping), the moderator can see that that person has been told it's against the rules and can give them a full warn. And it just wouldn't make any sense in removing them since they don't raise your warn level either.

How do I get my warn level reduced?

A: Post good posts, contribute to the site, and help others. Never PM or start a topic asking for your warn level to be reduced.

I thought you could PM a Mod after a month to review your past posts and if you didn't do anything wrong they could lower it?

Oh god, I'm sorry. I didn't see the posts above me :P

Edited by Wazir563

Guest nkaujhmoob20

this fourm is compilcaited...:box: I'm lost in everyway thats possible.

Edited by nkaujhmoob20

Ok. Here's my question. There's a topic (that isn't an old topic, btw) that I want to bump to the first page (this is not in the marketplace forums). But the problem is this: I had the last post in that topic. And if I post to bump that would be double posting. What should I do at this point ?

Ask a friend, moderater, admin or anyone online to post in it for you, unfortuantly if you post again it will count as double posting.

-gazisere :ice:

how do i change my screen name?????

Go to My Control -> Change Display Name. You can only do this once every 90 days, though, so make sure that you choose a name that you won't regret.

Just wondering, i looked in my control panel and there was no option to change display name. I joined on the 14-December 2005, and as far as i know thats more than 90 days. So please someone help me out.

TIA, Sledge

Edited by i'll answer ur qestions if i can

You need to be a forum member (30 posts) to change your display name.

How do you make a sig with your stats. Ive got the url, but they said something in the url wasnt allowed? ? ? :2thumbs: ? ?

A couple of places offer them, one is Draynor. Copy the url and surround it in tags like this:

[img=URL HERE]

And then post it somewhere, like in your log or in your signature. I guess it's saying to you that Dynamic Image URL's aren't allowed? What site are you trying to get the stats from?

Edited by M__a__t__t_2

What's a New Member?

New Member means that this member has under 15 posts. (according to this.)

It's 30- I know thats a sure thing, at least it was for me <_<

Edited by Dragons777dr

When you post, to the left you see your profile information and stuff. at the very bottom of that you something like "Rating: < -7 ( 0 ) 7 >". Just click on the number in between the parentheses to view your warn log. You can only see yours and when you try to view someone elses it just shows an error. It's a pop up so your browser might block it

When posting, I have seen some people make the text appear in red, and the post being something along the lines of *<Their name> <performing an action in the third person> without the brackets. How do I do this?

To do that, write "/me" and then whatever you want, like for example, "waves". That turns out to: *Xaria waves.

How do I get those skill signature and goal banners?

I'm sure if you're looking here you're wondering how people get those uber cool skill signatures and goal banners. They can be obtained from only a few RuneScape fansites, so if you're looking for one, check out the following links.

http://www.draynor.net/forum/signatures.html

http://www.rsbandb.com/runescape_skill_signatures-sig

http://www.runeweb.net/index.php?page=rw-sig

Once you have your signature and you wish to update it, visit the website your signature was obtained from and click the "update signature" link after typing in your RuneScape username and your signature will be updated with your latest progress.

If you have any more queries about any of the above, feel free to post in the Forum Help!

Edited by Johnny

How about adding:

what does a Subscription do???

How do I edit my personal picture?

Can I beg for Fr33 st0f?

Subscriptions aren't something that we have on Sal's.

EDIT: Unless you meant subscribing to a topic, which I'm pretty sure means you'll get emailed whenever someone posts in the topic.

You can't edit your personal picture unless you are a DM or higher.

No, you can't. That's right in the rules.

Edited by Steve

Subscriptions aren't something that we have on Sal's.

EDIT: Unless you meant subscribing to a topic, which I'm pretty sure means you'll get emailed whenever someone posts in the topic.

You can't edit your personal picture unless you are a DM or higher.

No, you can't. That's right in the rules.

I meant adding to the thing in the first post...

We dont need to add about begging since thats already in the rules, Eventually people will ask to have the whole rules written onto this thread :(. So i dont agree ^_^

how do fairy rings work?

That would go in "Runescape Questions"

I have a suggestion see how my signature has to be scroll to see the whole thing... is there a way to fix that and if not can you make it so it is bigger so people can see it. thankz :king:

I have a suggestion see how my signature has to be scroll to see the whole thing... is there a way to fix that and if not can you make it so it is bigger so people can see it. thankz :king:

Nope - the scroll bar is default. Plus your signature is oversized. As a rough guide, if your signature scrolls because of an image it's probably oversized.

This sticky is open more to ask questions about the FAQ or for additions to the FAQ, not to ask general questions. If you have another question post it in Forum Help instead and more people will see your problem - meaning you'll get helped quicker.

Shouldn't this be changed?

How do I check my warn log?

A: When you post, to the left you see your profile information. At the very bottom of that you'll see something like "Rating: < -7 ( 0 ) 7 >". Just click on the number in between the parentheses to view your warn log. You can only see yours and when you try to view someone else's it just shows an error. It's a pop up so your browser might block it.

I suggest changing it to:

"You can only see yours and when you try to view someone else's it just shows an error. However, if you have moderation abilities on the Sal's Forums you have the ability to look at a lower ranking member's warn log. The warn logs will be a pop-up so your browser may block it."

Edited by Say Topdog