Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesT

Forum Faq

Shouldn't this be changed?

How do I check my warn log?

A: When you post, to the left you see your profile information. At the very bottom of that you'll see something like "Rating: < -7 ( 0 ) 7 >". Just click on the number in between the parentheses to view your warn log. You can only see yours and when you try to view someone else's it just shows an error. It's a pop up so your browser might block it.

I suggest changing it to:

"You can only see yours and when you try to view someone else's it just shows an error. However, if you have moderation abilities on the Sal's Forums you have the ability to look at a lower ranking member's warn log. The warn logs will be a pop-up so your browser may block it."

This FAQ is intended for New and Forum Members, not Moderators. Mods know how the warn logs work. No change is needed because Horatio is correct.

And it's kind of obvious that if someone has the ability to adjust your warn log that they'll be able to see it :aware:.

This FAQ is intended for New and Forum Members, not Moderators. Mods know how the warn logs work. No change is needed because Horatio is correct.

No. I meant that like New Members may not know that Moderators can view your warn logs.

No. I meant that like New Members may not know that Moderators can view your warn logs.

Then:

Shouldn't this be changed?

How do I check my warn log?

A: When you post, to the left you see your profile information. At the very bottom of that you'll see something like "Rating: < -7 ( 0 ) 7 >". Just click on the number in between the parentheses to view your warn log. You can only see yours and when you try to view someone else's it just shows an error. It's a pop up so your browser might block it.

I suggest changing it to:

"You can only see yours and when you try to view someone else's it just shows an error. However, if you have moderation abilities on the Sal's Forums you have the ability to look at a lower ranking member's warn log. The warn logs will be a pop-up so your browser may block it."

Should be "The moderating team can also view your warn log." Nothing to do with "if you have moderation abilities"

if you have moderation abilities on the Sal's Forums you have the ability to look at a lower ranking member's warn log.
Erm, no. DMs can't view warn logs. Only mods and admins can view a warn log that is not theirs.

Of course a Mod that can give you a warning can also read your log of previous warnings. :aware:

Edited by Agent F

Erm, no. DMs can't view warn logs. Only mods and admins can view a warn log that is not theirs.

So it should include in there that moderators and administrators may view other's warn logs including yours?

So it should include in there that moderators and administrators may view other's warn logs including yours?

It's implied that Mods and Admins can view warn logs. They are authority members.

Not sure if this goes here, but were do chinchompas go in the marketplace?

~X

You ought to make a new topic for that, but no worries :)

They'd go in the Ranging, Fletching and Herblore section, as they're to do with Ranging.

edit: Don't post early in the morning, you screw up the coding :aware:

Edited by Jamster

I used to think 1,2,3 was good

& -1, -2, -3 Was bad

I like to think of it as a pathway to a bad place.

You can either go backwards (negative) or you can go forward (positive.) You would like to go backwards which would be a negative number.

HOW DO I POST IMAGES ON FORUMS THAK I MADE ON mICROSOFT pAINT?!?!?!?!?!

Please don't ask the same questions on different threads. :aware: The answer to your question is here.

Edited by Un0
And please don't backseat Mod. -.-

There are a lot of things explained in the Rules such as different rankings, try linking it at appropriate places like "What is a DM?!??!?!"

And for things like Screenshots, it doesn't hurt to link the topics that tell you how as well. Looks good at the moment but I'll try and help later to elaborate it.

Edited by Doomcreator0

There are a lot of things explained in the Rules such as different rankings, try linking it at appropriate places like "What is a DM?!??!?!"

And for things like Screenshots, it doesn't hurt to link the topics that tell you how as well. Looks good at the moment but I'll try and help later to elaborate it.

We have a whole tutorial on Forum Ranks, [here].

how do i post an image on my thread?
Type:

[img=Image URL]

So:

[img=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/style_images/ip.boardpr/logo4.gif]

Would appear as:

logo4.gif

how do i post an image on my thread?

You enclose it in img tags example

[img=url of your image]

Or you can click the icon rte-image-button.png in the full editbox. :aware:

Hello :aware: You look new. To post an image on your thread you can save it, go to imagechack (If you can't find it, it should be the first one here Google Search: ImageShack)

Once you are there, click browse and find your picture. Then enter your email adress (no need to worry about spam, they only send you an email once) and click host.

Alternatively you could use the option underneath the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom/top of the topic and use the Host an Image tool there.

Once you have hosted it, copy the "Hotlink for forums (1)" code and paste here.

Have a good time at Sal's :)

~Tezza

PS: I think there is a Guide for this in the Screenshot Place

EDIT: Inviting friends over FTL

Edited by tezzamonkey

@Tezza, the email is optional, you only need to enter it if you plan on registering an account.

The topic in Screenshot Help you're talking about it here.

Honestly, I believe that there should be some memo on how to get yourself on the hiscores. :aware:

There are countless topics on them, as far as I'm aware.

How to get my Runescape name on Sal's highscores, remove my character, and manually update my stats?

In the forum header on the left is a link for the Highscores. On the left menu is a link for Manage my highscores. Enter in your Runescape username in the field and hit the Update info button. You will have to wait up to a week for your character to be added to the highscores as this is an automatic process.

You can remove your character in the Manage my highscores page and clicking the Remove character button. It can take up to a week before it is removed.

You cannot automatically edit your stats on the highscores, but you can manually update your stats once each day. Go to Manage my highscores and you'll see the last time your stats were manually updated. The date doesn't show automatic updates. Next to this time is a link to "Update my stats."

Edited by Xaria
Thank you, I've edited that in now. :) ~Xaria

This looks really helpful and it looks like it will answer a lot of common questions people have. I'll move this to the questions board and sticky it. >.<

Why not, Make it, Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Verrrrrrrrrrrrrry Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry helpful lol =D