Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesT

Forum Faq

The official freeplay world is 62, and the members world is 42.

The freeplay world is 62, but the members world is 66.

The official freeplay world is 62, and the members world is 42.

The freeplay world is 62, but the members world is 66.

No, it is 42.

Already added content:

When I click on "Change Personal Photo" to try and add a photo, why won't it work?

To have a personal photo, you must be promoted to the rank of Distinguished Member (DM) or higher. Sorry, but unless you are promoted, you will not be able to add your own personal photo to your profile.

How do I stop someone from sending me Personal Messages (PM's)?

If someone is sending you annoying, or offensive PM's, or cluttering up your inbox with useless massages and you want to stop them from sending you messages, there is a simple solution to this problem.

When you are in your PM center, you will see an option next to the senders name that is entitled "[block]":

picture3ebi.png

If you click on this option it will transfer you to a window that will enable you to enter the name of the desired user to block from sending you PM's and lets you give an optional explanation of why you are blocking them.

Code:

[b]When I click on "Change Personal Photo" to try and add a photo, why won't it work?[/b]

To have a personal photo, you must be promoted to the rank of Distinguished Member (DM) or higher. Sorry, but unless you are promoted, you will not be able to add your own personal photo to your profile.

[b]How do I stop someone from sending me Personal Messages (PM's)?[/b]

If someone is sending you annoying, or offensive PM's, or cluttering up your inbox with useless massages and you want to stop them from sending you messages, there is a simple solution to this problem.

When you are in your PM center, you will see an option next to the senders name that is entitled "[Block]":

[img=http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2118/picture3ebi.png]

If you click on this option it will transfer you to a window that will enable you to enter the name of the desired user to block from sending you PM's and lets you give an optional explanation of why you are blocking them.

Got these asked a few times.

Not yet added content:

If I only want to be able to view a few select forums, how do I do this?

Lets say you only want to view a few forums such as Forum and Site Talk and Everything Runescape. To do this, you simply look at the right side of the forum heading, and click on the small minus (–) icon to hide the desired Forum(s):

picture22n.png

After clicking on the minus icon, it will be replaced with a plus icon (+) that, when clicked, will open the Forum for viewing again.

Code:

[b]If I don't want to view all of the forums on Sal's, how do I make it so some of them disappear?[/b]

Lets say you only want to view a few forums such as Forum and Site Talk and Everything Runescape. To do this, you simply look at the right side of the forum heading, and click on the small minus (–) icon to hide the desired Forum(s): 

[img=http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6563/picture22n.png]

After clicking on the minus icon, it will be replaced with a plus icon (+) that, when clicked, will open the Forum for viewing again.

Why are my posts not being added to my post count?

When you posts in the 'Scape Lounge, even though you did infact make a post, it will not be added to your post count.

Another reason that your post count did not highten, or actually was reduced is because a mod might have deleted 1 or more of your posts because they did not add anything to a topic, or were offensive. Such styles of posting may get deleted my moderators:

-Flame: Talking in an offencive way about something or someone; dissing.

-Spam: Adding nothing to a topic, therefore making your post useless.

-Advertising: Advertising something that is outside of Sal's, or inside that has nothing to do with the topic you are posting in.

-Topic Hijaking - Using someone elses topic to exploit your own needs; a way of advertising

For more info on inappropriate posts, visit the Forum Rules.

Code:

[b]Why are my posts not being added to my post count?[/b]

When you posts in the 'Scape Lounge, even though you did infact make a post, it will not be added to your post count.
Another reason that your post count did not highten, or actually was reduced is because a mod might have deleted 1 or more of your posts because they did not add anything to a topic, or were offensive. Such styles of posting may get deleted my moderators:

-Flame: Talking in an offencive way about something or someone; dissing.
-Spam: Adding nothing to a topic, therefore making your post useless.
-Advertising: Advertising something that is outside of Sal's, or inside that has nothing to do with the topic you are posting in.
-Topic Hijaking - Using someone elses topic to exploit your own needs; a way of advertising

For more info on inappropriate posts, visit the [url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2"]Forum Rules.[/url]

Edited by Falcon
Added, thanks.

Why are my posts not being added to my post count?

In the 'Scape Lounge or Website & Forum Announcements

I want to be a mod! How do I become one?

Moderators are hand selected by Sals Realm of Runescape staff. Never, ever, asked to become one. It lowers your chances and it's plain ol' annoying.

asked -> ask

Edited by finisterra

I've seen this a few times:

If all promotions are posted in "Forum Announcements" then why are retirements not announced?

There could be many reasons for this, but there are a couple key reasons:

• Retiring staff probably don't want to be begged to stay or flamed for leaving. Creating an announcement for all to see would simple make that more popular
  • It is not a huge deal, staff come, they go, if they want to publicize their retirement, they will most likely post an entry about it in their blog
  • The last small reason is that quite a few staff that retire, come back (are re-promoted to their former rank) and thus it is not necessary, and would possibly be a bit confusing to make a big announcement about staff retiring, if they soon decide to return.
  • Another reason is the possibility that the mod was demoted from their rank by lack of activeness, sticking by the rules, upholding their responcibilities, or a number of other reasons and it could be embarrassing for them to have the whole forum aware of their demotion.

There it is, constrictive criticism is appreciated:

Should I add more reasons?

Change any of my current reasons?

Delete any current reasons?

Thanks

Edited by Falcon

If all promotions are posted in "Forum Announcements" then why are retirements not announced?

• Retiring staff probably don't want to be begged to stay or flamed for leaving. Creating an announcement for all to see would simple make that more popular
  • It is not a huge deal, staff come, they go, if they want to publicize their retirement, they will most likely post an entry about it in their blog
  • The last small reason is that quite a few staff that retire, come back (are re-promoted to their former rank) and thus it is not necessary, and would possibly be a bit confusing to make a big announcement about staff retiring, if they soon decide to return.

Thanks

Well, some of the staff actually get demoted to Retired/Inactive Staff.

;)

Thanks

:lol:

No they don't. If someone is demoted, they either become DM or forum member. If someone is retired, meaning that they can come back, they're moved into the Retired/Inactive Staff group.

I would not classify that as a frequently asked question. It's almost never being asked. ;)

Thanks

:lol:

No they don't. If someone is demoted, they either become DM or forum member. If someone is retired, meaning that they can come back, they're moved into the Retired/Inactive Staff group.

I would not classify that as a frequently asked question. It's almost never being asked. ;)

Well, I've seen it asked a few times, and it'd be useful to have it here if ever questioned again.

The FAQ is an informational tool. There shouldn't be a set requirement of the number of times the question has been asked before it's added. It helps people understand the workings of the community, so it should be added. This same reason is why some tools are released with FAQ listings already. The questions have yet to be asked, but it's good to inform the users what's going on or how to use the tool.

I have also seen this specific question asked a few times and it would be a nice addition to the list.

What can the different forum groups do/not do? Please view [this] tutorial.

The link to that tooic isn't working, can I get a working link?