Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muttmuttinthebutt

A Guide To Runescape Memberships Rewrite

New Runescape Members Guide

Written By Mutt

Originally Written By Beeboy

Special Thanks To: Roy, Packman9898, Finisterra, Lukepwnage, Giggoe, Cake, Redmonke, Gijeff890, Mattdm28, iToast, Kimballtiger, Neo Avatars, Darth KJ, Simple013, Runescaper4, eeeee Combat

If you are a new member, your membership gives you access to a lot of new things! Here they are.

The Basics

Some people will say wait until level 60 combat before becoming a member. This isn't really needed as there is still heaps of areas to explore, new skills to try, and new items to use even if you are only level 3. The new features available to you:

1. New Areas. Everything west of Falador, south of Al-Kharid, north of level 48 Wilderness and east of Earth Altar is members-only.
  2. New Items. New quest items. New food. New teleports, such as the games necklace, dueling ring, and amulet of glory. New armour, such as Dragon and Barrows. New weapons, such as Abyssal Whips and Godswords.
  3. New Quests. Roughly 10 times the quests of F2P and they go much more in depth, with better rewards.
  4. New Skills. Construction, Summoning, Fletching, Herblore, Agility, Slayer, Farming, Hunter, and Thieving are there for you to explore.
  5. Updated Skills. Huge sections of Runecrafting, Crafting, Smithing, Cooking, Fishing, and more open up to you, such as making Nature Runes!
  6. Updated Bank. Way more bank space is available for you to use!
  7. More Monsters and Dungeons. Fancy killing a level 702 TzTok-Jad?
  8. More Mini-Games. Try out Castle Wars, Pest Control, and Soul Wars!

Making Money

Okay, so you're now officially a member. How can you make the money for some of the awesome items you see other people walking around with? Or perhaps you need money to train skills with, or to do a quest. Here are a few of the ways you can make money.

Flax- West of Catherby is the flax fields. Flax usually fetches 80- 100 coins each at the Grand Exchange.

2m7izjq.png

Bowstrings(Requires level 10 Crafting)- You can buy the flax at the Grand Exchange or pick it yourself. Spin it at Lumbridge Castle or the Seers Village. Bowstrings are 180-200gp each on the Grand Exchange.

Pure Essence(Requires level 30 Mining and completion of the Rune Mysteries quest)- Mine this in Varrock (if you have a level 66 magic mine it at Yanille). It usually sells for around 150 gps each on the Grand Exchange.

14ieeyh.png'

2q2gwtu.png

Green Dragons- Kill these in the Wilderness or the Chaos Tunnels for their dragonhide and bones which sell for about 2,000 gp each on the Grand Exchange.

28v8spx.gif

Nature Runes- Once you get 91 Runecrafting you can make loads of money off Double-Nature crafting.

2n8sm76.png

Clue Scrolls- A rare drop from certain monsters that leads you on a treasure hunt! Some of these can be worth millions!

For more money making techniques, check out the Money Making Guide.

New Areas

So now you have some cash hopefully. Time to show you around some of the big cities that are members-only.

First off is Taverley. This city is northwest of Falador and is home to Taverley Dungeon, as well as the starting point for the quests Druidic Ritual and Wolf Whistle, both of which open up new skills. Next off is Burthorpe which has the Burthorpe Games room in it. Next is Catherby, which is west of Taverley, and is the main fishing spot in the game. Northwest of Catherby is Seers Village/Camelot, a good place to cut maples.

South of that is Ardougne, which is one of the largest cities in Runescape, as well as the Thieving capital.

(More important areas are welcome.)

New Skills

By now you should have some money and your bearings. What to do now you may ask? Explore the new skills!

Summoning- After you complete the Wolf Whistle quest you have the option of summoning familiars to aid you in battle, carry stuff for you, spawn items for you, and many other things! All you need to summon is a pouch. Use it and your familiar will come out. Scrolls are then needed for it to use its special move.

Farming- With this skill all you need are a few basic items, a farming patch, a little patience, and voila you got your crops. Higher leveled farmers can grow good herbs for big bucks!

Herblore- Make your own potions with this skill. To start this skill you need to complete the quest Druidic Ritual first.Get a water filled vial, add a herb and a secondary ingredient, and you got your potion. NOTE: In RuneScape Classic this was called herblaw. If you hear this don't get confused as it's the same thing.

Agility- Shortcuts are all in a days work with a little agility. It give you access to shortcuts, new areas, and longer running time. Train this at any agility course.

Construction- Build your own mansion with the construction skill. Purchase your land from the real estate agent and you may eventually have throne rooms, teleport rooms, and dungeons at your disposal!

Fletching- Grab yourself a knife and logs and you're ready to fletch! With this skill you can make your own arrows, bows, and crossbows! A good place to fletch is Draynor Bank because you can usually find people selling willows there.

Hunter- Hunting is used to catch animals using tracking, nets, traps, and birds. You can also make and wield new armor and weapons using the animal pelts.

Slayer- You go to a slayer master to get an assignment and you kill what they tell you to. Later in the skill you get the levels and equipment to slay special monsters for big bucks.

Thieving- The thieving skill lets you pick pockets, loot treasure chests, steal from stalls, and many other criminal activities. Not extremely profitable, but useful.

Storage/Bartering

Another perk of becoming a member is this:

bankpicture141258l.png

9baasn.png

Also you have 6 spots to work with in the Grand Exchange!

New Quests

Druidic Ritual- This quest gives you access to the Herblore skill.

Desert Treasure- Allows the use of the Ancient Magicks spellbook.

Fremmenik Trials- Lets you use the services in Rellekka.

Grand Tree- Allows you the use of the Tree Gnome Stronghold Spirit Tree as well as the Gnome Gliders.

Heroes' Quest- Permits entrance into the guild and allows you the use of the Dragon Battleaxe and Dragon Mace.

Lost City- Allows entrance to the city of Zanaris, and gives the ability to wield the Dragon Dagger and Longsword.

Lunar Diplomacy- Allows the use of the Lunar Magic spellbook.

Tree Gnome Village- Lets you use the Spirit Trees as a transportation method.

Wolf Whistle- This quest gives you access to the Summoning skill.

And at least start Fairy Tale Part 2 to gain access to the Fairy Rings.

More Monsters/Dungeons

Dungeons such as the Taverley Dungeon are open to you now. Some notable members monsters are:

TzTok-Jad- A fearsome level 702 beast. When you beat it you receive the rare fire cape.

Tormented Demons- After you complete While Guthix Sleeps you have access to these, which drop dragon armor parts.

Giant Mole-A powerful creature under Falador, these drop dragon items.

b3wpqq.gif

Mithril Dragons- These drop God pages, dragon items, and Draconic Visages.

33c44sw.gif

More Minigames

Castle Wars- Now that you are a member, you should go out and do something fun... but what should you do? Castle Wars! Castle Wars is a capture-the-flag game, where one team is trying to take the other team's flag. But, it's not that easy; you have to run to the opponents fort (which is on the other side of the arena!), avoid scary god swords and ice barrage's, and not die... are you up to the challenge? Of course, you might be wondering, "What's in it for me?". Well, not only do you get the excitement of seeing the other players that you slay in combat fall before your feet, you also get Castle Wars tickets. These tickets can be cashed in for shiny decorative armor or good looking capes and hoods. So, if your a person that is a tactical genius, has mind blowing power, or just wants to have fun, then this is the game for you! For detailed information, check out the Castle Wars guide.

Pest Control- Pest Control is a multi-player game that involves teamwork and co-operation between players. It can be accessed from the Void Knights Outpost (see "How to get there" section for details on how to find the game). The only requirement that you need to be able to play the game is 40 combat, but if you are a higher level then you will be able to get better rewards if you win. It is a safe game so if you die you won't lose any items other than the Runes and Arrows that you have used to attack your enemies.

Soul Wars- Soul Wars is a minigame similar to Castle Wars, where it is located in Edgeville only on member worlds. However it's designated worlds are 44, 143 and 145. Just like other minigames, there are, of course, rewards you can win, ranging from experience for all of your combat skills (excluding Summoning) to having one of your slaughtered creatures from Slayer to become a familiar to gambling and winning up to 100,000gp!

FAQ - Any more questions? Find out here!

What happens to my skills and my items if my membership ends?

If and when your membership runs out your stats will be kept the same but your member items will turn into a "Member's Object". The only way you can use these is by being on a members server.

I am pack-rat and keep everything I find. My membership ran out, but I can't seem to put anything in my bank. What's wrong?

Since Freeplayers only 68 bank spaces, you won't be allowed to deposit anything until you have 67 or under items in your bank.

How can I get a free membership?

If you ever see someone advertising this, it is 100% against the rules and probably a scam. Never go to websites like these, and always report someone in-game for advertising this.

Does getting a membership make me a Moderator?

No, it does not. You will still have to show that you have the maturity and helpfulness of a Moderator to be considered. Asking will not help.

Can a friend pay my membership for me?

Yes, he/she can. They can buy you a RuneScape gift card, good for 30 or 90 days at Target. Basically any other way of paying for it, unless your friend gives you cash, is against the rules.

So, just remember to have fun with your new membership. :blink:

Edited by Mutt

Note on the Runecrafting - Yanille is quicker than Varrock, so maybe include that too?

Also - perhaps a brief entailment of what the Members Skills are like? This seems a little vague at the moment.

north of level 50 Wilderness

Isn't this level 48?

some people will say wait until level 60 combat before becoming a member. I say this isn`t really needed as there is still heaps of areas to explore, new skills to try, and new items to use even if you are only level 3. The new stuff available to you;

Guides shouldn't be written in first person (using I, me, whatever). "The new stuff available to you;" makes no sense, it should be: "These new features are available:"

Fancy killing a level 704 TzTok-Jad

It's 702.

9.More Mini-Games. Try out Castle Wars and Soul Wars!

In this an all other list items (1-9) the first fragment should be bolded to emphasize it.

By now you should have some money and you bearings

Remove "and".

Also all your apostrophes seem to be bass accents. You should paste your guide in notepad and replace ` for '.

Normally guides use "you have" instead of "you've". Since it's more formal. The same with other contractions.

Personally I don't think that this guide needs a rewrite, it just needs an update.

Edited by finisterra

Note on the Runecrafting - Yanille is quicker than Varrock, so maybe include that too?

Also - perhaps a brief entailment of what the Members Skills are like? This seems a little vague at the moment.

Ty all :( Ill make the changes as soon as possible I gotta leave right now. I am going to add the members skill descriptions I am just pressed for time :o If you already had the magic lvl needed for yanille wouldnt you be high-alching stuff from high leveled monsters by then?

And Fini nice noticing the errors for me :P Anyhoo parts of the origional guide were vague and it hasnt been updated in forever. And as for that lvl 60 wildy thing fini I got it out of the original guide :D Think it needs a re-write now? :blink:

Edited by Muttdog

Might want to talk about Ardougne - great place for thieving (at lower levels, with the stalls), the quests (Plague City is a good quest to do soon after becoming a member).

Edited by Real

Under topic options there is a bump option you know...

~Vincent

I know but it wasnt working on mah cpu

And as for Ardougne i did mention it :blink: Or do you mean in the theiving thing? I just wanted to tell how the skills work. I didnt want this to become a skill guide. And after the skills are done im planning on adding minigame and suggested quest etc. so pl0x dont tell me to add a new section unless im done with the guide. Unless it is already under the heading.

Edited by Muttdog

Here is some suggestions to get you started.

Isn't it here are?

The new stuff available to you;

Change ; for : and try making that sentence a bit more formal.

yanille

Proper noun, add caps.

Also note this is the easiest skill to get to 99 in the game.

That's just your opinion, it was easier for me to get cooking than fletching. You should remove this sentence.

Also, you didn't change the bass accents for apostrophes.

Edited by finisterra

Isn't it here are?

yanille

Proper noun, add caps.

That's just your opinion, it was easier for me to get cooking than fletching. You should remove this sentence.

Many thanks goes out to fini again! :blink: I never claimed to be good in grammar :(

You, err, forgot my map?

:blink: I didnt see it! Can you see it I went into your quote and pasted the link. However it appears as a red x in a grey box to me

Right-click on that and click "Show Image". This usually happens in Internet Explorer. :(

So, what do you do now?

Comma needed.

Abbyssal WhipsAbyssal whip and Godswords.

Spelling wrong.

Other then that, there's Green drags', making natures, etc.

Ardounge, and Burthope if you haven't said it yet.

:blink:

member is these:

member is this:

As you can see in the top-right corner members have 496 bank spaces!

As you can see in the top-right corner, members have 496 bank spaces!

For hunting:

Hunting is used to catch animals using tracking, nets, traps, and birds. You can also make and wield new armor and weapons.

Isn't it here are?

yanille

Proper noun, add caps.

Many thanks goes out to fini again! :box: I never claimed to be good in grammar :box:

Right, in that case do the sensible thing: Use Word, Open Office, or any other word processor to help you: It saves time, both for you and those who correct. It even helps you with your grammar. Sorry, but it is driving me up the walls, people with English as their first language should be able to do this better (no matter what age). :)

Isn't it here are?

yanille

Proper noun, add caps.

Many thanks goes out to fini again! :box: I never claimed to be good in grammar :box:

Right, in that case do the sensible thing: Use Word, Open Office, or any other word processor to help you: It saves time, both for you and those who correct. It even helps you with your grammar. Sorry, but it is driving me up the walls, people with English as their first language should be able to do this better (no matter what age). :)

How do you know I'm not spanish? :)

Edited by Muttdog

Isn't it here are?

yanille

Proper noun, add caps.

A gamble: Your profile places you in on the Highway to Hell... not really a thing Spanish

Isn't it here are?

yanille

Proper noun, add caps.

Many thanks goes out to fini again! :) I never claimed to be good in grammar :)

A gamble: Your profile places you in on the Highway to Hell... not really a thing Spanish

Wheres it say that? :box: :) :) :box: :)

Suggested quests: Lunar Diplomacy for lunar magicks and Desert Treasure for ancient magicks. Both provide useful teleports. :blink:

(suggested Quests Welcome)

Fishing Contest, at least it lets you walk relatively safe to Catherbury

It's Catherby... :blink:

For suggested quests:

Lost City- allows you to wield the dragon dagger and the dragon longsword, and allows you to enter the lost city of Zanaris.

Tree gnome village-allows you to use spirit trees as a teleportation method. (Can not teleport to the Grand Tree until you complete the Grand Tree Quest.)

The Fremennick Trials-Gives you a good start in 3 members skills (Thieving, agility, and fletching), and allows you to wear Fremennick armor and weapons.

Dwarf Cannon-Permission to buy and use the Dwarf Multicannon.

Animal Magnetism-Able to use Ava's accumlator, which is a must if you want to save yor arrows!

Also add that agility will replenish your run energy faster!

Matt :blink:

Edited by matttdm28

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.