Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Meen

Runescape Moderators Guide!

RuneScape Moderators:

Special thanks to Thomas154321 for the info about forum mods, and blackmist for the runescape mod picture.

RuneScape, being such a big game, needs to have some people with extra powers to stop rule-breakers. These people are called moderators, or more commonly known as mods. There are three different levels of moderators, player mods, forum mods and Jagex mods.

mod_silver.gifPlayer Moderators, P-Mods:

You can identify player mods by looking at their name in the chatbox; they will have a silver crown next to their name (see below).

These people were originally normal players of the game, but have been handpicked by Jagex staff to be promoted. Jagex choose players that show an in-game maturity, report abuse when the generally see it and don’t break any rules themselves. Once chosen, you can then decide weather you actually want to be promoted to one; newer players to the game often annoy player mods. This is a typical p-mod respose to a petty insult (words censored):

mod0rz.png

Player mods can only exercise their powers in the actual game. They cannot edit or add to the game, cannot change their skills or items, and cannot do anything like kill people out of the wilderness. Player moderators can do three things that normal players can’t – they can mute players for a period of time, what they say will be seen even if public chat is “OFF” and they can access the player moderator centre. In here, mods can do things like see all of the messages from Jagex staff to them and can see a list of all the player mods. They also have priority abuse reporting – Jagex will see to their reports before ours.

If you think you are player mod material, just keep the good work - do not ask Jagex to become one! Jagex will not consider these messages at all and this will almost certainly ruin your chances of becoming a mod in future.

Forum Moderators, F-Mods:

These players are, like player mods, handpicked by Jagex staff. However, they will not have any powers in the game. They have been promoted to forum mod status because they have shown maturity, activity and have pointed out rules on the official runescape forums. This, unfortunately, means that only members can become forum moderators. A list of current forum moderators can be found here (as of 5th March, 2006).

Much like moderators on other internet forums, f -mods can move or lock threads, can edit titles and can also hide individual posts or entiere threads. They can also temporarily ban players from posting on the forums.

Forum mods can only be identified on the forums by having a green background on their posts and having “Forum Moderator” under their name. You can find an example of a forum-mod post here

And, remember; never ask to become a forum moderator!

mod_gold.gifJagex Staff/Moderators. J-Mods:

These are the people that actually work for Jagex. They can collectively make changes to the game, can be whatever level they want and can conjure up items at their own will. They can instantly ban players in the game if they happen to run into one and can go places normal players or p-mods can’t (like they can walk on water).

You will know that a character is a member of the Jagex staff if they have a golden crown next to their name. Their names also start with the word “mod” (when making an account, you can’t put mod anywhere in your name), with the exception of Andrew, Paul and Ian. You can identify a J-Mod on the forums if they have a green background in their posts and have “Jagex Moderator” under their name.

If you want to apply for a job at Jagex, more info can be found on the Jagex Corporate Site . But, beware, this is a proper job and you will not just be playing RuneScape all day for a living!

-----------------------

Edited by Meen

Yes, they do, but all the info about forum mods, player mods and Jagex mods is all spread out. Also this is more in-depth :)

Sal said I could make it :o :)

Yes, they do, but all the info about forum mods, player mods and Jagex mods is all spread out. Also this is more in-depth ;)

Sal said I could make it :o :)

Lol just asking because I don't play RS anymore :o

Well Nice guide and as you said maybe some pics :)

Awesome guide. Soon enough you will be voted for DM. I didn't know staff mods could walk on water though! :o

Edited by Immortal

background in their posts and jave “Jagex Moderator” under their name.

I think the Jave is mean't to be have :o

Naw, I won't. Discussing this matter is against the rules :) :o

@ the water thing, I did my homework and according to a Jagex mod they can go places others can't. A friend of mine once said a J-Mod was pretending to be Jesus, can't confirm such Jagex immaturity, though :)

>>Cheers Julz. Changin' now.

Edited by Meen

Naw, I won't. Discussing this matter is against the rules :) :o

@ the water thing, I did my homework and according to a Jagex mod they can go places others can't. A friend of mine once said a J-Mod was pretending to be Jesus, can't confirm such Jagex immaturity, though :)

>>Cheers Julz. Changin' now.

rofl.

Spiffing guide, Meen

O rly?

Nice guide Meen, what kind off pictures do you need?

F-Mods can't edit other people's posts. I can get some p-mod pics if you want, I know a few. You might mention that the crown is there in private chat as well.

F-Mods get in-game crowsn? SRSLY?

I'll change it now, then..

I've already got a pic of a f-mod post, thanks Tom.

Edited by Meen

No, you can see the crown P-Mods have when they talk via private chat.

F-Mods don't have anything special in-game.

Yeah, what Neo said. I was referring to P-Mods with the crown. It's also there in private chat. Sorry for the confusion.

Right, thanks for clearing that up. I thought that was alittle strange :o

Very nice guide Meen, 10/10. Flawless. Tell me if you need pictures I have one of a mod trying to be a normal RuneScape player :P

111mod6bb.png

~Camo

They are allowed to have idle chetter with other players! :blink:

Thanks for adding this to the site :P

Meen, here is another typical P-Mod reply to racsim.

115686389_8741fcc3ec_o.png

On private chat, its like this:

109863424_c5fb1bf14e_o.jpg

newer players to the game often annoy player mods.

That is true. Especially when they ask stupid questions or flame. However, Player Mods rarely excercise their power of muting and would prefer to ask the offensive player to go away.

Another thing: they usually keep their friendslist on "friends" for obvious privacy reasons. They seem to be obligated to answer Rs qns though.

And they can be both p2p and f2p. Hard to find an f2p one though i did meet one before. :aware:

Another thing: Is it true that j-mods can edit their combat levels to say, 127 or 1?

Edited by un0numer0

un0numer0, yes they can change theyre lvl to anything they want. and itush, yes they can they can walk anywhere any time, spawn any item, change theyre combat lvl to anything they want and much much more lol.

Can they really magic up whatever items they want? I find that hard to believe, but then again I don't know anythinb about the subject.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.