Sal's RuneScape Forum
Flames

[official] Sal's Pokemon Thread

I really want to make a manga of me whooping Alder's butt with my team.

I should have a full live action movie with more special effects budget then both Terminator 2 and the Matrix trilogy together

DO EEET

I really want to make a manga of me whooping Alder's butt with my team.

All there's going to be is a bunch of blank pages. The epicness of the attacks you use combined with Alder's disappointment and weakness will be too much and you won't be able to see anything.

I guess you're right.

But, I could glorify it up a bit.

Why the bloody hell are Yanma's so rare in SoulSilver and Heart Gold.

Didn't they used to swarm and you'd just get someone calling you? x.x.

You have to actually listen to Oak and Mary's radio talk show to find out where and when the swarms are happening in HG/SS

You have to actually listen to Oak and Mary's radio talk show to find out where and when the swarms are happening in HG/SS

And you can only get 1 a day x.x. Yeah, took a while to figure it out. Otherwise they only have a 1% encounter rate. Then again I'm not having any luck with Hoenn or Sinnoh Sound either. After around 50 battles I ran into one Linoone, even though the appearance rate is supposed to be higher.

Anyone play pokemon online other than ryo?

Reminding everyone of the Victini event.

I got a Relaxed one.

Someone told me to do this:

252 hp/252 def. 4 atk. Use it for trick room.

Although I don't really get how that would work out since Trick Room only last for 5 turns :(.

Anyone got any other ideas?

252 Hp, 252 Attack

-Trick Room

-V-Create

-Wild Charge/Fusion Bolt

-Zen Headbutt/U-Turn/filler

Trick Room is plain silliness since you'll probably need to switch out after using V-create.

Edited by Sax

Anyone got a Charmander on Black/White that they are willing to trade? I can't get much but give me some offers and I'll try to get one. I'll take the other Gen. 1 starters as well!

Just a small question; I recently started playing through Diamond and White, and I do have an ARDSi. Would the Sal's pokemon playing community oppose the thought of me obtaining a few shiny (differently colored) pokemon here and there and giving them away?

I don't know that anyone would find it wrong for you to create them, but some might not want them since they want to play fair.

I, however, would thoroughly enjoy a few select shinies.

Same as Falz pretty much. I honestly really don't think it would matter since all it does is add that form to the Pokedex and you get a nicer looking Pokemon.

Someone tried to buy my White yesterday for $750. I don't know why they'd want it that expensive but I guess, having 6 Arceus, it's pretty fair. If any of you are wondering about the Arceus it's something with someone who gave away a bunch of Arceus via Wifi. I don't really use them much but they're kind of nice to have.

Edited by Amber Pyrilmas

Oh cool, pokemon.. thought I was alone on this.. :box:

Any event hoarders here?.. Me event collector. :c

I've been playing a bit again lately, I'll probably finally finish my Ghost team and try to hatch my favourite shiny Pokémon.

Oh cool, pokemon.. thought I was alone on this.. box.gif

I love events!

Oh cool, pokemon.. thought I was alone on this.. box.gif

I love events!

I have 4 boxes filled with events.. ^^"

I hear there's a Mewtwo event going on.

Not going to try, I can always get a Mewtwo with trading.

---

Went back to Heart Gold earlier and I have no idea how to get past that Snorlax at Diglett Cave on the Vermilion City side.

I read somewhere that I can wake it up with the radio, but I'd just like to confirm exactly how you wake it up.

Edited by Amber Pyrilmas

You do. After you get the Radio Card at the Kanto Radio Tower in Lavender Town, you can tune in to the Poke flute channel, and it'll wake up and attack if you speak with it with the pokeflute channel on.

If I remember it right you have to go to the power plant East of Cerulean (and North of Lavender), talk to the manager and then recover the stolen Machine Part from a Team Rocket member hiding in Cerulean.

Is there a competition going on or something? I started up my game today and noticed that there's a "Battle Competition" thing on the main menu.

Does anyone have any female Pokemon with dream world abilities they would be willing to trade? I'm too lazy to go onto it myself. :P

Well nobody could have seen this coming

http://uk.ds.ign.com.../1219443p1.html

They actually pulled a fast one on us for a change.

They could have come up with better titles for the games. The site does say "at least for now" but if that's the official title it's just seriously concerning that they hired someone to come up with that name and it only took 30 seconds. And he got paid.

Well, I know a lot of movies come up with simpler titles, because they're lacking stuff, and they'll fill in the blanks later. I would have gone with Soul White and Spirit Black.

Well, I know a lot of movies come up with simpler titles, because they're lacking stuff, and they'll fill in the blanks later. I would have gone with Soul White and Spirit Black.

Except "Soul" has already been used but nobody cares about that.

And those are much better titles. I'm fairly sure they're going to fit in with the Kyurem form things. I'm not calling them Black and White Kyurem because that's just nope.

Reshiram + Kyurem = Rysham

Zekrom + Kyurem = Zukrem

That is what I will call them

Edited by Amber Pyrilmas

So I'm still trying to figure out my team for the VGC (East Coast, USA, Philadelphia).

So far it's:

Cloyster (Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Surf, Icicle Spear / Ability: Shell Link w/ Leftovers)

Magnezone (Hidden Power: Fire, Flash Cannon, Substitute, Thunderbolt / Ability: Magnet Pull /w Air Balloon)

Lucario (Swords Dance, Ice Punch, Close Combat, Extreme Speed / Ability: Inner Focus) w/ Focus Sash

Gliscor (Swords Dance, Ice Fang, Earthquake, Facade / Ability: Poison Heal) w/ Toxic Orb

Chansey (Protect, Wish, Seismic Toss, Toxic / Ability: Natural Cure) w/ Eviolite

Haxorus (Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Brick Break / Ability: Mold Breaker) w/ Choice Scarf

Problem is this team has a massive weakness to fighting (Chansey, Magnezone, Lucario, Cloyster).

Still trying to figure something else out.

^Not sure if VGC has any specific rules, but that team loses to quite a lot. Expert Belt Landorus is a pretty easy 6-0 outside of Haxorus. Conkeldurr sweeps outside of Gliscor. Starmie 2HKOs everything but Magnezone. Add a physically defensive Jellicent in over Cloyster. Walls without recovery are useless (example: Cloyster). Secondly, Outrage over DClaw on Haxorus. Get rocks on that team. And lastly, you need priority.

Forgot to mention: Lucario sucks. You either run Ice Punch and walled by Jelli, or Crunch and walled by Gliscor.

Edited by Silv3rfang10

That team just dies in general.

When I quit playing OU fighting types were abundent and there were plenty of focus blasts.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.