Sal's RuneScape Forum
Flames

[official] Sal's Pokemon Thread

I'm not awfully excited about the new battle animations, honestly, but the rest looks like it was made of pure awesome. Unfortunately I don't have a 3DS :/ (And I'm not quite that into Pokemon that I'd actually buy one :P)

and idk raise like the max level to like 256(I think thats the max level with the glitches in r/b) or something.

This game does look pretty epic tho

No. It takes long enough to level grind to 100. Yes, this game does look amazing.

I'm really excited for this, but I'm torn between the awesome graphics in B/W and the 3D graphics in X/Y.

Colosseum and XD were awesome, and I guess it was only a matter of time before they would bring the 3D graphics to the handheld consoles.

To me it looks like they're finally listening to the fans of the series. I've had many qualms with the previous games, and most are fixed and improved in X and Y as far as I can tell. I am beyond excited.

Which noob mod decided to move this into the pokemon thread? No one's going to see the information here. Just look at the massive time lapse between posts on the previous page.

Which noob mod decided to move this into the pokemon thread? No one's going to see the information here. Just look at the massive time lapse between posts on the previous page.

1: Hi.

2: You must have missed the topic description that clearly says "Discuss all Pokemon related things here!".

3: One would think that if they knew about the game, they would go to the Pokemon thread.

4: You might want to try a far more friendlier tone around me, I do not take kindly to members whining over a moderating action when the member is clearly not following the rules and I am being lenient in the first place by not infracting you.

1: Hi.

2: You must have missed the topic description that clearly says "Discuss all Pokemon related things here!".

3: One would think that if they knew about the game, they would go to the Pokemon thread.

4: You might want to try a far more friendlier tone around me, I do not take kindly to members whining over a moderating action when the member is clearly not following the rules and I am being lenient in the first place by not infracting you.

yuan 4 mod 2k13!!

--

Can you buy previous pokemen on 3DS?

<snip>

Can you buy previous pokemen on 3DS?

I don't believe so. I haven't looked much at the Nintendo Store or w/e on it, but I would highly doubt that they would have earlier Pokemon games on it.

You can play DS games on the 3DS, although the resolution will be a little bit off.

Hey, something interesting I noticed.

So, We've got Pokemon X and Y. Let's assume that the third game in the 6th generation is Z

X, Y, and Z are the three coordinates in a 3D plane.

X and Y are the first Pokemon game to be done in full 3D graphics.

I SHALL USE MY NECROMANCY SKILLS TO MAKE THIS THREAD RISE FROM THE DEAD!

Anyone here play Pokemon Showdown? I been addicted to it since I found it and I created a Sun team that makes other teams into their slaves.

Kurama (Ninetales) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drought

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk

Calm Nature

- Will-O-Wisp

- Pain Split

- Flamethrower

- SolarBeam

Free Hugz (Thundurus-Therian) @ Expert Belt

Trait: Volt Absorb

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Grass Knot

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Thunderbolt

Fatass (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 Spd / 252 SAtk / 252 HP

Timid Nature

- Surf

- Dragon Pulse

- SolarBeam

- Psyshock

Sumo (Venusaur) @ Life Orb

Trait: Chlorophyll

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk

Mild Nature

- Sludge Bomb

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Synthesis

- SolarBeam

Eek a Gorilla (Infernape) @ Life Orb

Trait: Iron Fist

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

Jolly Nature

- Flare Blitz

- Mach Punch

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

Some Nerve (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers

Trait: Unnerve

EVs: 4 SDef

Modest Nature

- Crunch

- Stealth Rock

- Avalanche

- Earthquake

Standard Ninetales lead to set up Sun, Thunderus T to wipe the smirk off of Politoad and any other water type's face, Latias as a backup revenge killer, Venasaur and Infernape to abuse the sun, and Tyranitar as my all time Psychic/Ghost/Dragon Counter. This team makes a lot of rain team abusers rage quit after I pwn their Politoad and I am quite happy with the performance it does.

I SHALL USE MY NECROMANCY SKILLS TO MAKE THIS THREAD RISE FROM THE DEAD!

Anyone here play Pokemon Showdown? I been addicted to it since I found it and I created a Sun team that makes other teams into their slaves.

Kurama (Ninetales) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drought

EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk

Calm Nature

- Will-O-Wisp

- Pain Split

- Flamethrower

- SolarBeam

Free Hugz (Thundurus-Therian) @ Expert Belt

Trait: Volt Absorb

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Grass Knot

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Thunderbolt

Fatass (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 Spd / 252 SAtk / 252 HP

Timid Nature

- Surf

- Dragon Pulse

- SolarBeam

- Psyshock

Sumo (Venusaur) @ Life Orb

Trait: Chlorophyll

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk

Mild Nature

- Sludge Bomb

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Synthesis

- SolarBeam

Eek a Gorilla (Infernape) @ Life Orb

Trait: Iron Fist

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

Jolly Nature

- Flare Blitz

- Mach Punch

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

Some Nerve (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers

Trait: Unnerve

EVs: 4 SDef

Modest Nature

- Crunch

- Stealth Rock

- Avalanche

- Earthquake

Standard Ninetales lead to set up Sun, Thunderus T to wipe the smirk off of Politoad and any other water type's face, Latias as a backup revenge killer, Venasaur and Infernape to abuse the sun, and Tyranitar as my all time Psychic/Ghost/Dragon Counter. This team makes a lot of rain team abusers rage quit after I pwn their Politoad and I am quite happy with the performance it does.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS BECAUSE GEN 6 IS COMING AND THIS THREAD NEEDS A COMEBACK

I've heard of it, but used a different sim.

Edit: Decent sun team, but you'll get outsped by choice scarf set-ups. You only have two heavy hitters per say. And fix the moveset on Tyran. Don't use Avalanche in a Sun team >.<

Edited by Gary Oak

Edit: Decent sun team, but you'll get outsped by choice scarf set-ups. You only have two heavy hitters per say. And fix the moveset on Tyran. Don't use Avalanche in a Sun team >.<

That's probably the move he uses to counter Dragon Pokémon. But I suppose a Dragon move would be better yeah, just not sure Tyranitar can learn any Dragon moves other than Dragon Dance through breeding. At least attack moves like Dragon Claw it should be able to.

And yeah just googled Mewthree and I have to say I'm not a fan lol.

That's probably the move he uses to counter Dragon Pokémon. But I suppose a Dragon move would be better yeah, just not sure Tyranitar can learn any Dragon moves other than Dragon Dance through breeding. At least attack moves like Dragon Claw it should be able to.

And yeah just googled Mewthree and I have to say I'm not a fan lol.

It's got a head tail. Nothing more to say

FYI- He's called Mega Mewtwo.

Must say I'm happy I'll finally be able to EV train without the use of Excel :P

So what is everyone looking forward to in Gen 6?

Mostly the graphics of the new games really, the images I've seen are pretty cool.

I'm not sure I'll be able to play though, don't really feel like spending 100+ eur in a new portable console just to play the new Pokemon game.

Edited by Micael Fatia

Mostly the graphics of the new games really, the images I've seen are pretty cool.

I'm not sure I'll be able to play though, don't really feel like spending 100+ eur in a new portable console just to play the new Pokemon game.

Same here. Plus, once I'd have said console I wouldn't want any other games since they're so bloody expensive. They don't get nearly as cheap as PC games get in sales too as well :/

Same here. Plus, once I'd have said console I wouldn't want any other games since they're so bloody expensive. They don't get nearly as cheap as PC games get in sales too as well :/

Define cheap. I find that 3DS games are reasonably priced from the get go. However, I do see the problem since their price drop over time is not as good as other games, which is Nintendo's new marketing strategy.

However, I do find that buying a 2DS and Pokemon X/Y is the same as buying a 3DS.

Anyways, I really hope that a second region is included. Most speculate Hoenn but I heard rumors a long time ago that a remake was in development.

Define cheap. I find that 3DS games are reasonably priced from the get go. However, I do see the problem since their price drop over time is not as good as other games, which is Nintendo's new marketing strategy.

However, I do find that buying a 2DS and Pokemon X/Y is the same as buying a 3DS.

Anyways, I really hope that a second region is included. Most speculate Hoenn but I heard rumors a long time ago that a remake was in development.

The average Humble Bundle, depending on how much you pay can be fairly cheap, even if you pay more than the average. The sales in the summertime are always absurdly good. In my experience games for the DS don't go far below 20-30 euros which is quite a bit. Especially so considering that I can get old games far cheaper on the PC.

New stuff revealed:

-New Mega Evolutions: Charizard, Blastoise, and Venasaur. Either one is obtainable in-game via Prof. Sycamore in Lumiose City (the starters, that is).

-Mega Evolutions are caused by the bracelet you wear and stones/keys that are key items.

-Cloud storage for Pokemon. Also new transfer system that prevents hacked pokemon from entering the game.

-X/Y blue/red 3DS confirmed world-wide. At $200, a blue/red stylized 3DS XL comes with the game pre-downloaded (or available to download). Blue will have X, red will have Y.

'Mega evolution.' Because normal evolution wasn't enough... anyway, looking to 'pick up' a pokemon game for the mean time, just something to pass the time, maybe for my phone or whatnot.. any recommendations?

'Mega evolution.' Because normal evolution wasn't enough... anyway, looking to 'pick up' a pokemon game for the mean time, just something to pass the time, maybe for my phone or whatnot.. any recommendations?

To be fair it was rumored initially to be "Awakened Form" which sounds a hell of a lot better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.