Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arianna

Canoe Guide! [complete!]

Wow, good guide (and fast too! :P ) I never thought I'd see the day where people could ride canoes in RuneScape... it was right up there with walking on water and riding horses. :P This is one of those updates that I'll be checking out later today because it sounds cool. :)

And Dani, you don't need to add the links in, I'll do that while I'm reading through it and coding it. Sometimes it makes it helpful if there are a lot of links to cities and stuff though, but it's not required. :P

Darn, already did that. :P sowweh :P

I'll fix it thoroughly tomorrow, since my cuddly bearess awaits me :P :)

c&c please :P

Darn, already did that. :P sowweh :)

It's always better to be safe than sorry :P

One time a guide got put up full of obvious typos. Sal was asleep that day :P

I just add all the links I would like in my guides. You should fix any errors and stuff you want in the guide yourself. Sal isn't perfect :) and will occasionally make mistakes, so you should try to make it perfect yourself so he can't make silly errors :P

Guest zanzibar

Really nice guide I love it I never knew about this place.

Darn, already did that. :P sowweh :)

I'll fix it thoroughly tomorrow, since my cuddly bearess awaits me :P :)

c&c please :P

It's fine, just leave them. :) I was just saying that if you didn't already add any links it would be ok, but since they're already there you can just leave them in. I'm not picky. :P

nope its members only

The Lumbridge canoe station is situated just near the fishing sopts on the river Lum

*sighs* Italian spelling for the win. Spots, not sopts. :)

Otherwise I couldnt find anything. Good guide. :P

Nice guide Dani. It's comin' along pretty good. Only one of the pics are not workin'.

When I saw the update, I thought it would be F2P :)

Aww well. Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Nice guide, the only error I caught was the one where you spelled spots wrong. Shadow already posted it though. Nice job!

~Mole

Guys, I dont think posting "nice guide" and nothing else is helpful :P

Some suggestions:

1. Add a map of the spots you can go to.

2. Are canoe trees often cut down when you get there? Like if I were to go to Lumby (on a p2p world.. which I cant, but lets just pretend :) ) would the tree possibly already be cut down so I need to wait for it to regrow?

3. How much XP for chopping down the tree?

4. Is there only 1 tree per place you can get on a canoe?

man, i can't wait to get memby back now, great guide man! heheh, i'll be taking that trip into the wildy, one of my rare appearances. Can you put a canoe in your inventory?

Salek's Canoe Guide is complete, Im not sure what you are gonna do about it!

Once again great guide man!

~Mole

Salek's Canoe Guide is complete, Im not sure what you are gonna do about it!

Once again great guide man!

~Mole

Dani doesnt say its complete, but its at least as complete as Salek's is.

ok, I realize you called it first dani. I closed my topic...

Dani, will you atleast compare the guides? I mean, we could merge if you wanted.

Edited by Salek

I think Dani's got all the information you do, Salek. :P But maybe if he used something from your guide, he could give you special thanks. Dani's really good about giving out special thanks in his guides. :)

Just a suggestion, you switch between "the River Lum" and "the Lum River" a few times in your guide. I suggest keeping them all uniform by saying "the River Lum" the whole way throughout your guide. :P

Edit: Oh, forgot to say, I think Dani's guide is very well done and beautifully written. :P

Edited by Dissentor

hey, look what I found

best8tr.png

:)

dani, I don't know what it is about your guide... it just looks... messy.

Way too many pics, not near enough text. Also, in my guide, I put like details and stuff. Yours is like "shape the cannoe," it's kinda monotone sounding.

Edited by Salek

There's canoes :D , I just got home from the Athletics Carnival :s

Anyway looks like a nice guide Dani :s

There seems to be a reapeat of a few pictures though :(

Oh and Salek yours is closed and Dani called his first so.... ;)

RAWR! WHO DARED TO DUPLICATE MY GUIDE! *gets knife and fork*

Kidding. :s

Dani did call the guide first, I dont think Dani will be happy!
Huh? :s I'm not angry either, it happens ;)
In the name of sal himself, this guide has the right to a trial by jury
Yes it does! :) Perhaps we should just merge them, no? :)
see if even maybe you and Dani want to make a joint partnership.
I have nothing against it. Salek's text is neater. ;) But mine is unfinished..I had a few real-life issues to deal with (namely, cuddly bearess and a Party meeting for the upcoming elections :s)

*sighs* Italian spelling for the win. Spots, not sopts.

Otherwise I couldnt find anything.

Excuse me? Care to teach me some Norwegian spelling with that "couldnt"? :/ [/pwnt]

Steve: I'll add your nitpicks. You recieve xp only when shaping/carving the canoe though.

Can you put a canoe in your inventory?
no. :/ You can only have one at a time, and it's one use only.(You can't pick it up). I'll add this too.

Dani, will you atleast compare the guides? I mean, we could merge if you wanted.
Oh my. That cuts deep into my bear pride. WAR! :D Kidding, I'm working on it. You surely deserve special thanks, if not something more. ;)

Just a suggestion, you switch between "the River Lum" and "the Lum River" a few times in your guide. I suggest keeping them all uniform by saying "the River Lum" the whole way throughout your guide.
Yes sir!

There seems to be a reapeat of a few pictures though
You've insulted me too, take it back or get invited for dinner...as the main course! :/

I agree with you (and Salek) on this. Perhaps I can put the different rowing pics in a sort of "appendix" at the end of the guide...*cough*Pat*cough*I'll*cough*slap*cough*you* :P

IF YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT NEEDS IMPROVING, EVEN SOMETHING SILLY, PLEASE POST IT!! I WON'T EAT YOU for now :(

Edited by Danirijeka

RAWR! WHO DARED TO DUPLICATE MY GUIDE! *gets knife and fork*

Kidding. :s

Dani did call the guide first, I dont think Dani will be happy!
Huh? :s I'm not angry either, it happens ;)
In the name of sal himself, this guide has the right to a trial by jury
Yes it does! :) Perhaps we should just merge them, no? :)
see if even maybe you and Dani want to make a joint partnership.
I have nothing against it. Salek's text is neater. :) But mine is unfinished..I had a few real-life issues to deal with (namely, cuddly bearess and a Party meeting for the upcoming elections ;))

*sighs* Italian spelling for the win. Spots, not sopts.

Otherwise I couldnt find anything.

Excuse me? Care to teach me some Norwegian spelling with that "couldnt"? :/ [/pwnt]

Steve: I'll add your nitpicks. You recieve xp only when shaping/carving the canoe though.

Can you put a canoe in your inventory?
no. :/ You can only have one at a time, and it's one use only.(You can't pick it up). I'll add this too.

Oh my. That cuts deep into my bear pride. WAR! :D Kidding, I'm working on it. You surely deserve special thanks, if not something more. ;)

Just a suggestion, you switch between "the River Lum" and "the Lum River" a few times in your guide. I suggest keeping them all uniform by saying "the River Lum" the whole way throughout your guide.
Yes sir!

There seems to be a reapeat of a few pictures though
You've insulted me too, take it back or get invited for dinner...as the main course! :/

I agree with you (and Salek) on this. Perhaps I can put the different rowing pics in a sort of "appendix" at the end of the guide...*cough*Pat*cough*I'll*cough*slap*cough*you* :P

IF YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT NEEDS IMPROVING, EVEN SOMETHING SILLY, PLEASE POST IT!! I WON'T EAT YOU for now :(

Lol I thought you would reply with like "Bahh!! read the whole guide first" :s

Hmm adding that to my sig ;)

I'm comparing Salek's and my guide... ;)

I'll post what I'll add and what not. :D

only place this canoe can go is 1 spot down the river. If you're already in lubridge, it is useless.
wrong! You can go up the river too. :s

about the Lumbridge part: I'll add that bit of text. :s You forget the most used transportation method in lumby...called "one-way teleport" :(

Same goes with the rest of the locations, I'll take bits here and there.

Ok, adding the st00f to the guide -NOW!

PICTURES ARE BROKEN, I KNOW THAT!

Edited by Danirijeka

Guide is finished! :(

Now let's see comments, criticism, and santa hat as gifts :D

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.