Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
finisterra

Complete: The Chosen Commander

Start: Speak to Captain Undak in Dorgesh Khan.

Skills: Level 46 Agility, Thieving, and Strength.

Quests: Land of the Goblins.

What you need: A light source.

You could spell it out: Like:

Level 46 Agility, 46 Thieving, and 46 Strength

You know, so a person wouldn't get confused. :blink:

Great guide so far! :(

Just a quick error - in the rewards section you haven't closed the BB Codes before starting the new list for the songs. Don't do want Bintey said, it wont work, you basically need to just add

before the songs title.

~Magical

Thanks for correcting me, :blink:

The avatar will summon several statues

Levels? I thought they were high beforehand

Orks (Level 75)

noticeboard

notice board

Talk to the guard from the North

Talk to the guard from the north

When you get out of the room, Sigmund will appear, attack him.

When you come out of the room Sigmund will appear, attack him.

She will throw the pendant and a goblin will take it, turning it into the Bandos Avatar.

She will throw the pendant and a goblin will take it, turning him into the Bandos Avatar.

exit and head North to talk with Juna

exit and head north to talk with Juna

then go back to Oldak, who can now be found in the southeastern tip of the marketplace, where Zanik arrived from the portal.

then go back to Oldak who can now be found in the southeastern tip of the marketplace, where Zanik arrived from the portal.

You will be in the throne room again, the Bandos Avatar will be there.

You will be in the throne room again, but now the Bandos Avatar will be there.

Get out of that place through the portal,

Get out of the room by going through the portal,

Now walk South to the Agility course and go down the stairs

Now walk south to the Agility course and go down the stairs

Used your guide this morning, thanks. :blink:

Go outside and talk to Torzek, and try to calm him down. Ask him some questions until he tells you that each of the children had a different meal. Each child had two different meals.

Torzek is female, so it should be "calm HER down", "SHE tells you". Also, the children didn't have different meals; they each ate two foods at one meal. I would phrase it "each child chose two foods for <meal> (I think it was lunch, but don't remember for sure.)

Anything eaten by the kids inside can't be poisoned, so after asking all of them you'll know which food was poisoned.

Two different types of food are poisoned, and you need to know both of them. I would phrase this "You'll know which two foods were poisoned".

Go back to

Torkez and tell him this. He'll tell you to talk with Captain Undak, who will tell you that you need to find out which food vendor is using poisoned ingredients.

Again, it should be "her" for Torzek; and you've spelt her name wrong in this sentence. And again, it's TWO foods, so it should be "food vendors are".

After you go through the dialogue, Zanik will disappear. Agree to help find her. Now walk South to the Agility course and go down the stairs.

I believe you need to take a light source down there; if so, you might want to mention it here.

Teleport or walk to Ardougne and go to the windmill just South of the Fishing Guild. Talk to the man there and tell him the password. Now go down the just-revealed ladder.

You may want to mention that you should keep your H.A.M. robes on. (Yeah, I know, you'd think it was obvious, but I guarantee you somebody won't realize it.)

You might also want to mention that if you talk to Sigmund, he recognizes you and you get thrown out of the base.

Go back to the guard and give him the letter, now go through the door, pick up the key found on the floor, and open the door. Talk with him and tell him you'll get him out of there, also tell him to wait until you distract the guard.

You need to say "Grubfoot" instead of "him", and you need to be more specific about doors - as this is written, you're directing the player to open the room door & talk to the guard! Also, the key is on the table, not on the floor.

I would phrase it as "Go through the door and take the key from the table. Grubfoot is locked in a cell; unlock the cell door with the key, go in and talk to him. "

Talk to the guard from the North to distract him,

This is ambiguous. I would phrase it as "Move to the north of the guard, then talk to him".

Now tell him to wait in the west door whilst you distract the guard. Crawl through the hole in the wall and you'll break some dishes.

Should be "at" the west door, not "in". Also, you don't have to crawl through the hole. You can walk out of the room, walk into the kitchen, click on the sink, and choose "take dirty dishes".

Do so and soon she will be with you. Go west to the cave exit and head North to talk with Juna, and you'll have a talk about her destiny.

Needs to be changed to "Zanik's destiny". As it's written, "her" is referring to Juna, so you're saying "you'll have a talk about <Juna's> destiny"

then go back to Oldak, who can now be found in the southeastern tip of the marketplace, where Zanik arrived from the portal.

then go back to Oldak who can now be found in the southeastern tip of the marketplace, where Zanik arrived from the portal.

When you get out of the room, Sigmund will appear, attack him.

When you come out of the room Sigmund will appear, attack him.

Sorry, but the commas after Oldak and after room are correct, and should be left in.

However, the second comma in the second sentence is incorrect. To be grammatically correct, that sentence should be either "When you come out of the room, Sigmund will appear. Attack him." OR "When you come out of the room, Sigmund will appear; attack him."

And if I were editing this professionally, I would change the first one to either ".. go back to Oldak, who can now be found AT the southeastern tip of the marketplace (where Zanik arrived from the portal)" or to "...go back to Oldak, who can now be found to the southeast, at the spot where Zanik arrived from the portal." or even just "...go back to Oldak, who can now be found at the spot where Zanik arrived from the portal."

Edited by sionnach dhu

You will find yourself talking with Zanik, agree to go to speak with the council. Now walk North until you reach a staircase, climb it up, and a cutscene will be triggered.

Climb it up->Climb up it

That, and the Queen of Punctuation Nitpick strikes again - to be correct, that sentence should either be "... you reach a staircase. Climb up it, and a cutscene will be triggered." or "... you reach a staircase; climb up it, and...".

(Can't help it. Both my grandmothers were schoolteachers, and I've edited professionally. :wub: )

Maybe you could add a title? :wub:

Already done.

There are a few random things around the guide, like weird **\'s.. Also, one of the images doesn't have IMG tags around it.

Edited by Tawk

Thanks for all your submissions. :box:

Could anyone make this map better?

090317182149.png

What I want is to make the trail start from the teleport spot (between the fountains) and to have a better-looking line. The key should say "From Lumbridge to H.A.M. hideout."

Edited by finisterra

ALSO: When you say "What you need: a light source", you could add a few light sources, ie: lamp, torch etc. and link to then in item database.

a few items transparented:

6yiano.png

and

33omwjk.png

ALSO: I fixed the medal up a bit:

xd9hg9.gif

ALSO: "Recommended Items: Armour, weapon, and food to kill several high-leveled monsters, Teleports to Lumbridge and Ardougne"

Recommended items: Armour, weapons, and food to kill several high-leveled monsters. Also bring teleports to Lumbridge and Ardougne.

Edited by Tawk

I'll make you a map you can't refuse. :wub:

Edit: Oh wait, didn't notice you said between the fountains, fixing now

mapx.png

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4672/mapx.pngg

Edited by Don Florty

Start: Speak to Captain Undak in Dorgesh Khan.

Skills: Level 46 Agility, Thieving, and Strength.

Quests: Land of the Goblins.

What you need: A light source.

You could spell it out: Like:

Level 46 Agility, 46 Thieving, and 46 Strength

You know, so a person wouldn't get confused. :ice:

Great guide so far! :wub:

You forgot to credit me. :wub:

(Can't help it. Both my grandmothers were schoolteachers, and I've edited professionally. :box: )

My dad used to work for the RAE, which is the institution that regulates Spanish grammar. You can guess how perfect my Spanish grammar is. :)

ALSO: When you say "What you need: a light source", you could add a few light sources, ie: lamp, torch etc. and link to then in item database.

a few items transparented:

6yiano.png

and

33omwjk.png

ALSO: I fixed the medal up a bit:

xd9hg9.gif

ALSO: "Recommended Items: Armour, weapon, and food to kill several high-leveled monsters, Teleports to Lumbridge and Ardougne"

Recommended items: Armour, weapons, and food to kill several high-leveled monsters. Also bring teleports to Lumbridge and Ardougne.

Thanks Tawk.

I'll make you a map you can't refuse. :)

Edit: Oh wait, didn't notice you said between the fountains, fixing now

mapx.png

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4672/mapx.pngg

:)

You forgot to credit me. :box:

Oh sorry.

Go outside and talk to Torzek, and try to calm her down. Ask himsome questions until he tells you that each of the children had a different meal. Each child had two different meals.

<snip>

Go back to Torkez and tell her this. He'll tell you to talk with Captain Undak, who will tell you that you need to find out which food vendors are using poisoned ingredients.

Still a bit of gender confusion. :wub: The bolded words need to be changed to "her", "she", and "She'll".

You will taker Zanik's place (she can be controlled in the same way you would control your character) in her story.

Typo bolded - should be "take".

Click on the spear nearby to use your grapple on it and make it to the throne.

Might be worth clarifying that the spear is held by a statue? "Click on the spear held by the nearby statue.."

You will find yourself talking with Zanik, agree to go to speak with the council. Now walk North until you reach a staircase.you reach a staircase. Climb up it, and a cutscene will be triggered.

There's an echo in here. :wub: (Editing error... done that many a time myself.)

Then go through the dialogue until she agrees to go back to the council. She'll be sentenced to being vanished from the city, talk with her again and then talk with Captain Undak.

Typo - should be "banished", not vanished. Also you need to break the last sentence as either: "...to being banished. Talk with her again..." or "to being banished; talk with her again..."

Talk with Johanhus Ulsbrecht who will tell you the location of Sigmund's H.A.M. base.

I believe that's spelled wrong.. not 100% sure though, would have to go check in-game.

Head to the agility course, but instead of going down the stairs like before, go east.

Super nitpick :ice: : - if you want to be grammatically correct, it should be "as" - really, "as you did before". Also, it's a ladder, not stairs.

Also, if you want to talk about the uses of the throne room afterwards, it's not just a place to kill monsters and get drops. You can also jump across the statues & grapple to the throne for agility XP - or at least you could yesterday. Jagex has apparently adjusted it as of this afternoon; I'm not sure if they did away with it altogether or just lowered the amount of XP it gives.

Editing to add: Checked the official forums, the Bandos Agility course is still functional. All Jagex did was tweak how it gives XP.

Edited by sionnach dhu

My suggestion: Maybe adding a border to all of the images to look new. Maybe Roy could do that, eh? :wub:

[/name]You will take Zanik's place (she can be controlled in the same way you would control your character) in her story. Jump to the Goblin Statue that is next to an "Ork Statue" and a "Statue". Keep jumping until you make it to the statue holding a bowl. A custcene will appear.

[name=fqw]Fast Quest Walktrough

[*][^]Give the item you receive to Zamik, and go to the nursery.

*'custcene' to cutscene

*'Walktrough' to walkthrough

*'Zamik' to Zanik

Very small amendments :wub:

A very good guide, good job everyone on producing it so quickly and especially to Fini for all the hard work put in :wub:

Edit: Thanks Don :ice:

Edited by Giggoe

Giggoe, artefact is just a different way of spelling it, not used as much as artifact though. :wub:

Click on the spear nearby to use your grapple on it and make it to the throne.

Does that mean you need a grapple? If so it should be mentioned in items needed or quest accquired items.

@Goggie: Done.

@Simple: The grapple is built in Zanik's crossbow (or maybe she just has it in her inventory), you don't need to bring one or get one.

@Simple: The grapple is built in Zanik's crossbow (or maybe she just has it in her inventory), you don't need to bring one or get one.

So it needs to be mentioned as a 'quest obtained item'. It makes no sense to mention an item needed in a quest guide and then not explain how you get it.

So it needs to be mentioned as a 'quest obtained item'. It makes no sense to mention an item needed in a quest guide and then not explain how you get it.

I'd suggest explaining that as soon as you have the crossbow, you can grapple. I did the quest with no guide, and wasted a very long time searching round and round the throne room for the grapple that the dialog suggested I needed. No other crossbow I'd ever used came with one built-in! :wub:

Go outside and talk to Torzek, and try to calm her down. Ask him some questions until she tells you that each of the children had a different meal. Each child had two different meals.

Ask the kids inside the nursery what they ate yesterday. The possible types of food are: Wall beast fingers, Crispy frog legs, Frogspawn gumbo, Green gloop soup, Frogburger, and Bat shish. Anything eaten by the kids inside can't be poisoned, so after asking all of them you'll know which two foods were poisoned. Go back to Torkez and tell her this.

One more typo - TorZEK one place, TorKEZ the other.

The Throne Room

After the quest, the Throne Room serves as an agility course, you can jump on the statues and grapple to the throne for Agility XP.

Fast Quest Walkthrough

You might want to say a little more about the creatures that can be found inside and a little information about what they drop (lots of gems and maces).

And if possible add some more background to the images (might give the reader a bit more info about what's near the thing they need to go).

Edited by Roy

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.